• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday (Nov 8th)

Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps

Comments: I'm quite proud of myself: despite my mom's birthday party, I exceeded my plan only by couple flutes of sparkling wine 🥂

@Ver9nika Great job!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post: Saturday, November 9,

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes Daily Burn, steps
    Goals/Day/Comments: Yikes! I need an intervention I am not paying attention and I need in order to be able to control my eating and getting enough exercise.

@Kin59vara My suggestion is to pre-plan (daily or the day before) that way you have a game plan, and I've been doing that for myself lately to get to the finish line (because I am so close) and it's really helping. I used to try to plan for the week, but after like 2 days that plan goes out the window so I've started planning either the morning of or the day before and putting it into my tracker and that's really helping. I've also been pre-cooking some things to keep in the fridge so if I'm really hungry or behind or just hungry after a workout I have something healthy that I already know will fit into my plan should I need to deviate from the original plan.
  • AB0215
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Daily Post - Friday 11/8

Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes, Leg Day
    Steps: 6,677

**Need to increase my cardio and steps. I had dinner out at a Mexican restaurant, chicken salad trying to stay within my calories for the day, I should have left the dressing alone but I think I did pretty good. I had a glass of wine with frozen pineapple chunks later in the evening and that added to my calorie count.

@genajonas My suggestion on the increasing cardio (something I know all too well) go at it slower, record your progress and intentionally increase it weekly. Don't jump in (like I did) and go balls to the wall....it doesn't work, you burn out, hurt yourself, lose progress with lifting ,etc. Also, don't do what my sister did and not take my excellent advice and hurt yourself and have to take 2 whole weeks off from exercise and basically have to start over. Cardio does take time for your body to adapt, so be intentional and increase it a certain amount each week, whether you're starting with a few days a week, add time to that next week or increase the speed of walking a bit next week, etc. (hope that made sense, I've been sleep deprived so it might not)
  • AB0215
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    I'll take it! Yesterday my weight was 138.8 due to water retention, so I'll take it! I'm actually very surprised that my body dropped most of the water so quickly. Especially since my 1400 calorie dinner was only 3 hours before I went to bed last night.

@143tobe Whoo hoo!! If I eat that late (and I do sometimes) the morning weigh in is depressing, good for you!! Awesome job!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post: November 7th

Calories under goal: No, a little over
    Exercise: No, was in a car all day

Daily Post: November 8th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,600 steps

@CindyJNC1963 Crushing it as usual. A little over isn't too terrible one day, and even if you were resting :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Daily Post - Friday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ❌

Went to dinner with Hubby. Haven't been for a couple weeks, so it was nice just to go out and relax, eat for a while, and now just chillin since its pitch black outside already.

@dustyspal I go out to dinner with my hubby once in a blue moon, I don't like to eat out because I am a control freak and like to know what I'm eating, but every now and again we go down to this place near us to play (and dare I say it, we're 2-33 yr old adults) Pokemon Go and walk around downtown and we always stop at this bbq place where I eat on plan because they're actually very Keto and Carnivore friendly and he eats literally every bad thing he can find on the menu....which is probably why we don't go there very often lol.
  • AB0215
    Options
    caloricus wrote: »
    Username: caloricus
    Week: November, week 1
    PW: 179
    CW: 175.5

@caloricus Well done!!
  • AB0215
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: I gave up on tracking.
    Calories: Well North of the plan, probably more than double the plan.
    Exercise: 90 mins weight lifting, 60 mins walking.

Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, fasting
    Exercise: Yes 75 mins weight lifting, 90 mins walking.

Comments: Thursday I was super hungry and stressed and I let myself indulge, and I had planned on just upping my calories to help with the soreness I've been dealing with all week since I hit my new weight goal, so apparently if I loosen the reigns, even a little, I lose all control and go nuts. Soooooo yesterday I've been in a state of damage control because I was not thrilled with what the scale said, and today I am much happier with it and I can continue on, next time, not loosening the reigns because apparently I let go of the reigns altogether and in like 3 hours I doubled and possibly tripled my calories....but we will never know because my frail psyche can't handle what I did and I am not tracking it.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I felt so bad about myself last night for eating so much junk. I got up early this morning and went for a 30 minute brisk walk and it felt good. It was a lovely frosty morning...I love this time of year. Last night I also done another 10 minute HIIT workout and I’m a bit sore today.

@gjaholy33 It’s nice to see you back on the thread 😊 Sounds like you’re having a tough time at the moment but I’m sure you’ll push through it and achieve all of your goals. Hope you get better soon (and out of that hospital!)

Best wishes 🤗

@AB0215 Yup I get where you’re coming from. I let go of the reigns last night and ended up landing in a family sized bar of chocolate, then I fell right into a bag of crisps. Not good lol 😆
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, y'all...

I'm currently working 50+ hour weeks, and will be until the New Year. However I'm 100% committed to dropping my weight and continuing my physical fitness (and IRONMAN) journey. Every day after work, I go to CrossFit. Once home, I eat and get food/clothes ready for the next work day. This means I don't have a lot of time to browse the internet, look at Facebook, or My Fitness Pal. I just don't have the time for this (My Fitness Pal) as it's more important that I get to bed at a good time than expose my eyes to bright light from my phone or computer before bedtime. I spend Saturdays (work week = Sun - Thur) doing meal prep because it's the only way I can manage my busy schedule.

I'm making progress on the scale, and I think it's due to this challenge! I'm doing my best not to let my team down and I'm totally committed this challenge. For me, it's all about limiting my carbs, portion control, and intermittent fasting. I'm doing ye' ole' High Fat/Low Carb meal plan. This has worked well for me in the past and continues to work well for me.

I'm also making progress in CrossFit! Last week I got a PR (personal record) for the clean and jerk (Olympic barbell movement)! I have a few CrossFit goals to meet, including doing a freaking pull up and doing a double under (jumping rope - 2 rotations for 1 jump).

Once my 50+ hour schedule is over (January), I should be able to focus on triathlon specific things as I transition from 1-hour CrossFit workouts to multi-hour triathlon workouts.

Finally, if anyone has any specific cycling (indoor our outdoor) or walking/running questions - please feel free to send me a private message. While I don't claim to be an expert at these things, I'm pretty well versed on equipment, shoes, and even a beginning training plan.

Good luck to everyone here, and keep doing a good job! :-)

• o0kody0o
    Options
    @3athlt Hi there. It’s great to have you on the team with us 😊 It’s really inspiring that you manage to fit your exercise routine/meal prep around your busy schedule - that’s dedication! You’re doing fantastic so well done and keep it up 🙌🏻
  • AB0215
    edited November 2019
    Options
    AB0215
    November Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 133.1lbs
    CW: 129.9 lbs

Really trying to get ahead before my travel and extra Thanksgiving this month and so far the scale is cooperating. So Yay.

And a highlight from this week's training, I am finally getting my Snatch positioning right and I'm pretty happy, hit the weights I was aiming for, which is putting me in a good position to hit another PR this month, but of course, time will tell.
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    November Week 1
    Saturday

Really trying to get ahead before my travel and extra Thanksgiving this month and so far the scale is cooperating. So Yay.

And a highlight from this week's training, I am finally getting my Snatch positioning right and I'm pretty happy, hit the weights I was aiming for, which is putting me in a good position to hit another PR this month, but of course, time will tell.

Great clip, I admire your strength 💪 🙌🏻

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Nov week 1
    PW 179.4
    CW 179.2
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    November Week 1
    Saturday

OMG....you are so hardcore. That weight looks impossibly heavy. And Lita Ford and Ozzy! I love that song! Amazing job on the weight loss. Looks like your new diet adjustments are working out well for you. yay!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    3athlt wrote: »
    Hey Slimsons!

I'm sure this won't mean anything to y'all, but I had an achievement that I'm proud of today! In the CrossFit Open games - today I completed workout 20.5 UNDER the time limit! I think I was the only one in the entire gym that busted out the 80 calorie row without taking a break. My quads are killing me, but I'm extremely proud of my achievement!

For those interested, here was my workout:
    80 calories on the rowing machine
    120 - 8 foot high wall balls with a 14 pound ball
    40 - jumping chest-to-bar pull ups

My time was 18:47!

I don't know the specifics of all that...but one thing is clear. You KILLED IT. Awesome job! And I will probably take you up on the offer of getting some advice for cycling. Right now I only run but I would like to try a mini triathlon in the future. I however have no idea how to get started with the biking. I have a mountain bike...and that's all I know. I'm guessing you have to buy a specific kind of bike to compete in a triathlon? And swimming. I know how to swim but is there a specific stroke they recommend you do while swimming? I just swim with one arm and then the next one, while kicking my feet at the same time. Maybe I need to get a coach, lol.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    I felt so bad about myself last night for eating so much junk. I got up early this morning and went for a 30 minute brisk walk and it felt good. It was a lovely frosty morning...I love this time of year. Last night I also done another 10 minute HIIT workout and I’m a bit sore today.

Good job getting up early for that walk. It sounds so nice the way you described it. I need to start pulling up some HIIT workout videos. It's been so long since I've done them but I know they are awesome. Short and sweet. I love that sore feeling. Since my half marathon training is over I've gotten so lazy. I need to get a good burn in soon. You've inspired me!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username: Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Week: November Week 1
    PW:490.8
    CW:502.9
    Goals/comments

To God be the glory; So disappointed in my weight gain these past couple weeks but I know once I get out the hospital and stop eating all these carbs the scale will go down again 😥😥 been here for 14days but still trying to stay positive knowing that this too shall pass.

Daily Post

Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under (but alot of carbs)
    Exercise yes the SITFIT APP 5-10mins to keep me from stiffing up while I'm in the hospital
    Water 165oz
    Goals/comments My friend came to see me. It felt good to have a visitor. Also got good news that I got accepted by a Rehab in Brooklyn now waiting for approval for my insurance company

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under (lots of carbs again)
    Excercise no
    Water 170oz
    Goals/comments didn't feel my best today

Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes same as yesterday too much carbs
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments Had another PT assessment but probably will be here over the weekend😥😥😥
    Track yes
    Calories yes under

You've been having such a rough time! Big hugs to you! I'm so happy your friend visited you. Friends really can make such a huge difference in how we're feeling and even give us a little boost towards recovering. I hope your insurance approval is swift and without any problems. And thanks so much for your kind words about my posts. I feel like (and I know) that I can go on and on and blah, blah, blah too much, but it really helps me to get my thoughts out in here. It really helps me work towards my goals. I also love getting to know you all in here through our posts. This group and all the people in it really inspire me. You too! You are one of the most helpful and cheerful members here. You are a beacon of encouragement and you always make me smile. I'm really sad that things have been so difficult for you. @AB0215 gave some great advice that we could all use. "Focus on what you CAN do, don't focus on what you can't do." Hang in there! We're all pulling for you!
This discussion has been closed.