Non Scale Victories

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I should have mentioned that the other NSV here is that hopefully my low blood pressure is a thing of the past (or will be by tomorrow) and it will stop dragging me down. Dizziness, even mild dizziness, is not conducive to feeling good or being more active. I am sick of things holding me back.

Although I have not lost nearly the weight you have, I am also dealing with low blood pressure...something I have never had in my entire adult life....I am off three of the hydrazaline but still on verapamil and losartin which has some hydrazaline in it....I go to the docs in a couple weeks so I hope we figure this out....as you said, it isn’t fun to be up and busy and then feel like you are faint....good luck with your issue, too!

I think this NSV for me has another one delayed by my need of the skin removal. My belly skin area was creating a major gravity well for my heart to pump my blood through. Others will probably shed medication much sooner than I did.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Awesome, @NovusDies. I'm hoping to eventually shed the one medication that I take for cholesterol.

With all your exercise you are probably close now unless your fat loss is contributing to the higher result. My cholesterol was normal before I started losing weight. It turns out that for some people losing weight temporarily raises it.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    @NovusDies That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Awesome NSV, @NovusDies !
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Yay!!
  • hansep0012
    My victory yesterday was to look in my lunch bag and decide that I could reasonably make the baggie of pizza and the baggie of chicken wings (leftover from Monday night football dinner) into three lunches.
    And I did.
    The victory was truly realizing that a year ago I wouldn't have given a thought to having the entire set of leftovers in one sitting and still eat dinner later that night.
  • hansep0012
    @ConfidentRaven I can just imagine your husband treasuring that lovely photo of you; I'm glad you were "confident" to let him take it.

Hugs to you both!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I put on a tank top yesterday to make dinner and it was form fitting. The big deal was that my form was noticeably smaller!! Even my son mentioned that he could tell my belly wasn't as big.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @katy9599 Awesome. The first few weeks of C25k don't push the jogging all that hard. If you're interested, give it a try!

For pacing, just take it slow. Try to find a speed where you're challenged but it's not making you so out of breath that you can't continue for a while.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    sqgkkcrwibgy.jpg
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @jjlewey What's that?
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    @jjlewey What's that?

Planet Fitness membership card
  • merph518