Non Scale Victories

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had a similar one in the past few months. So much easier to lean forward and tie my shoes while seated now.

I've also noticed a lot more room between the steering wheel and my stomach/legs in the car. Restaurant booths went from just fitting in them to being completely comfortable with some space to spare.

Before this group I felt so alone in my booth obsession. The steering wheel thing is something I think I have measured with my hand at least 50 percent of the time I drive.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    merph518 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had a similar one in the past few months. So much easier to lean forward and tie my shoes while seated now.

I've also noticed a lot more room between the steering wheel and my stomach/legs in the car. Restaurant booths went from just fitting in them to being completely comfortable with some space to spare.

Before this group I felt so alone in my booth obsession. The steering wheel thing is something I think I have measured with my hand at least 50 percent of the time I drive.

Restaurants have always been my big fear too, I used to pretend to be claustrophobic so I could avoid them - I can fit in them now so it isn't a problem, however nobody has asked how I cured myself...... bless them :D

Steering wheels were definately another, I can't remember which car I once test drove but it kept hitting my knees as my legs were so fat. My current car has a steering wheel that goes up and a seat that goes down to give maximum clearance.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Good job Merph!...I have some slacks I need to try on but if they don’t fit I will not be happy so I am waiting a couple more weeks!
  • NovusDies
    Good job Merph!...I have some slacks I need to try on but if they don’t fit I will not be happy so I am waiting a couple more weeks!

I do that. I put things off because I would rather be patient than be disappointed. I am kind of ridiculous though. I have kept a leather jacket that I bought 25 years ago and I have been too big to wear for over a decade. I refused to get rid of it because it was very expensive and I hoped I would eventually wear it again. I kept putting off trying it on convinced it wasn't time yet. I finally did it and it fit perfectly! Trouble is I waited too long and it was Spring and never cool enough to wear it. By the time it is cool enough again it will be way too big on me. I am :rage: at myself over it.

I wish that was the only example of being too patient...

No moral to the story. I am just an idiot sometimes.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    LoL...I have done exactly the same thing!...it’s so disheartening to be disappointed in yourself....you aren’t an idiot....you just don’t want to set yourself up for failure....we are always harder on ourselves than on others!...
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    I do the cooking in our house and my husband and two boys share the chores of cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. Yesterday I prepared dinner, went for a walk and got totally soaked in a storm. Came home and had a bath then finished off some work before bed. I've just got up and made coffee for breakfast, and seen my dinner all nicely wrapped on a plate in the fridge. I forgot to eat dinner. I logged it but didn't eat it. My youngest just did what he usually does when someone is late home and put dinner aside then finished the dishes. So now I have lots of calories in the bank for the weekend! I was a little hungry, but I'm used to ignoring that now, so didn't think anything of it.
  • NovusDies
    LoL...I have done exactly the same thing!...it’s so disheartening to be disappointed in yourself....you aren’t an idiot....you just don’t want to set yourself up for failure....we are always harder on ourselves than on others!...

I am actually not that hard on myself. Sometimes I just like confessing to doing stupid things because no matter how smart a person is idiotic actions are still going to happen. I am hoping someone will get a chuckle out of my jacket situation.
  • NovusDies
    maiomaio71 wrote: »
    I do the cooking in our house and my husband and two boys share the chores of cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. Yesterday I prepared dinner, went for a walk and got totally soaked in a storm. Came home and had a bath then finished off some work before bed. I've just got up and made coffee for breakfast, and seen my dinner all nicely wrapped on a plate in the fridge. I forgot to eat dinner. I logged it but didn't eat it. My youngest just did what he usually does when someone is late home and put dinner aside then finished the dishes. So now I have lots of calories in the bank for the weekend! I was a little hungry, but I'm used to ignoring that now, so didn't think anything of it.

I love banked calories!! Yours might be a more unusual system of banking them though. :wink:
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    I am actually not that hard on myself. Sometimes I just like confessing to doing stupid things because no matter how smart a person is idiotic actions are still going to happen. I am hoping someone will get a chuckle out of my jacket situation.

I do this a lot too! it's particularly useful when I want to get a chuckle out of my students, and I want them to know they don't need to be perfect--no one is, especially not me.
  • NovusDies
    papayahed wrote: »
    I was getting a pedicure and my feet were wrapped in towels from the knee down. It looked odd so I sent a picture to my friend, and as I was looking at the picture I realized how much smaller my thighs have gotten. For a second there I was like "those can't be mine".

This one gets me from time to time. I am so accustomed to trying not to pay attention to myself that a few of my NSVs have been seeing a stranger in myself.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Glad to see you're noticing improvements post-procedure!
  • NovusDies
    I can also wear an XL shirt. It is not quite comfortable because I am so accustomed to baggy clothing but it definitely fits. It might fit more comfortably when I lose the bandages and a lot of the post-op swelling.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I can also wear an XL shirt. It is not quite comfortable because I am so accustomed to baggy clothing but it definitely fits. It might fit more comfortably when I lose the bandages and a lot of the post-op swelling.

I havent worn an XL shirt since the 90's, congrats!
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »

I havent worn an XL shirt since the 90's, congrats!

I haven't been my present weight since 1991. My next known weight year is 1985 and it is about 30 pounds away.