WEIGHT NO MORE - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well glad you had an enjoyable weekend! I love sourdough bread, so good! Go take a nap if you can!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I love this quote & it applies to a lot more than running

9dlistoc4e3r.jpeg

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Wow! 40 pounds is an impressive loss!
    @jedaschultz Nice loss! You have been on a roll!
    @cyndiesstuff I am glad you had such a fun, productive weekend and stayed on track! Let's have a great week too! The herbal tea works for me too.
    @cafeleia It must be awesome to see such an improvement after being injured. I hope the gait analysis is good too. Thanks for picking up the slack while I am getting ready . You are the best! :) I love that quote and it is so true!!
    @kirsten11872 Thanks! I will post pics! I am going to try to keep up with my routine on here as much as possible. It helps me to check in too.
    @Mrsbell8well I am glad you had such a nice weekend! It is hard to believe the holiday season is here.
    @lennoncpa I didn't even know that existed. Is it frozen? That would be a nice thing to have on hand for when the rest of the family is having pasta. You will have to let us know how you liked it.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    It sure is! I don't have a lot of pictures of me but it is nice to see the difference in them.

I hope he does too since I didn't have an issue with my leg when I started. At least it's not stopping me from doing things

You're doing great, especially with all the stress right now of getting ready for the wedding. Enjoy yourself but in moderation of course
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food Logged, over.
    Water 70oz
    Exercise 30 min walk, weights exercises, 30 yoga
    Steps 7,109

IF has become easy for me g55mnoxp1sqh.jpg
    I logged yesterday and realized that even in 4.5 hours(from 2pm to 6.30pm) I managed to eat over 2000 calories. My goal is 1750. I need to start logging again 😔😔😔
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Food - at goal
    Water- 60 oz
    Exercise - 45 minute walk
    Steps- 8936 steps

Was a good day yesterday. Food on track, water at goal, got a nice walk in. I wanted to continue to work thru the way I deal with urges. So I thought I would apply the model.

kglp9rf28e1w.png

It all starts with a fact. It tastes good. I want it.

Then I have thoughts about the fact. It doesn't matter. . It will help me relax. I can't resist the urge.

The feelings these thoughts create. Entitled. I can eat just one. Out of control. Tired. Frightened.

The action that follows. I eat and eat, the whole time feeling that I can't stop.

In reality, I have just proven my thoughts to be true.

So lets turn that on it's head and work it backwards....

The action I want: To not compulsively overeat

The feelings I need: happiness, in control, relaxed,

The thoughts I have to think to get those feelings: Look at me doing it, The more I practice the easier it will become. Urges don't last forever. Every time matters.

The fact stays the same, because it is the fact. It tastes good and I want it.

What do you have to think to change your life? Its up to you. You control your thoughts.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    This one seemed on point. Maybe take a listen!!

https://drdebbutler.com/tpim174-night-eating
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 30 minutes exercise bike, 10 minutes circuit training
    Water - 1.5 l

Good day yesterday. My only issue was that I had to eat supper at 8 pm due to a late hockey game. With IF, it was a bit late for me to have supper and I felt heaviness in my stomach, even this morning. It is amazing how we get used to new habits in a fairly short time span. I am working on figuring out alternatives for the next late game.

@cyndiesstuff - Great day yesterday and you are doing great! Nice breakdown of your thought processes around food. I am going to listent to that podcast!

@hope002 - Great day yesterday and what amazing consistency with your IF! I have been playing around with the times and continue to read, research and listen to podcasts about it. It is really fascinating stuff!

@sleepymom5 - So sorry that you are having a bad day. Look at it this way, better to have this issues now than on the day of the wedding. The self tanner will fade a bit by Saturday and I am sure it will look fine with your dress. The 3 lbs could be water, stress or even more muscle. I know that your to do’s will not let up until Friday, but you will get there, and then just enjoy the wedding on Saturday. It is not everyday that you see your son getting married! It will be all over before you know it (yes I realize Thanksgiving is coming next week, but just leave that for now). I think that your son’s generation loves rustic wedding venues. We have been invited to a few wedding recently up north at cabins and camps with a very rustic feel. It is a generational thing, I think. It is pretty, just kind of different from what our generation did.

@ljdanny - It was just an Oreo and you are right, today is a new day! Hope that your granddaughter is doing well! I love little babies!

@tryingagain5 - Great day yesterday! Hope that you get your pain issue under control soon!

@lennoncpa - How were those veggie spirals?
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 3
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 156.1
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Tuesday everyone.

@sleepymom5 I didn't know veggie spirals existed either - its in the frozen section and I came across it while looking for other frozen vegetables.

@phoebe112476 I was so excited to see those spirals and I used them in a stir fry. The only ingredient is zucchini so I figured I would use it in place of rice for a stir fry. It was kind of like a pasta texture - which is what I guess they were trying to accomplish!

@cafelelia I actually really liked those spirals and you can see that they are like basically no calories for the whole bag! Isn't that a treat!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    @hope002 You are doing awesome with the IF! I remember that it wasn't easy at first for you so maybe there is hope for me getting to 16 hours. It probably wont be a bad idea to log your food so you can see what you can eat in those hours between fasts. I am sure you will get to a point that you won't have to.
    @cyndiesstuff I am glad that you have been doing so well. I actually struggle with those models. I think I would do much better if I tried going backwards too. Thanks for taking time to write out the example.
    @cafeleia Thank you . You are right, most important is to enjoy this time! xo
    @phoebe112476 Amazing loss!! Thank you! I will definitely post pictures!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 11/19 check in
    Food: logged and under
    Water: 72 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes speed intervals on the treadmill.

I'm not close to being a runner so my intervals only last a minute or less and then I walk for a minute or two and then continue with the fast(for me) speed. I do it because it's hard and it challenges me. I know for you runners out there this would be nothing.😉

I still have almost 600 calories left to eat tonight if I decide I want something else. My calorie limit is 1900 and I have eaten just over 1300 after supper. This actually works out well since I have my book club tonight and usually there are some snacks.

My supper was mostly fruits and veggies tonight and was only 495 calories plus I had a frozen yogurt bar and skinny pop popcorn for 200 more calories.

It's funny how I ate so much food for so few calories and I'm pretty full. Interesting concept: eat lots of fruits and veggies and still be able to eat more food. Why don't I (we) do this more often?🤔 I'm sure I've always known this, just don't do it like I should.

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you had a good day! Sorry I haven’t checked in today, but I got an email from HR at work about going into unauthorized websites which MFP is. I was keeping up with posts at work, but now I’ll have to wait until I get home. I’m on the 30th floor if my building & get no reception.🙄🙄🙄

I have been doing well! Yesterday went well with food, but I never worked out. I ran an errand after work & when I got home I was starving, so I ate then was planning on working out, but just felt too tired! I got in almost 15k steps, but no formal workout. The scale stayed the same.

Today has been another good day! I’m at 12k steps and eating has been good. I was planning on going to the gym, but my anxiety is bothering me, feel like I can’t catch my breath. I’m about to eat a ground turkey stuffed pepper and possibly do the workout I was going to do last night, my anxiety is feeling better. It has not been bothering me, but it’s acting up for some reason.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@sleepymom5 I’m sure the self tanner will dads by the wedding!

@phoebe112476 awesome loss!😊👍🏻

Have a wonderful evening!😊🤗
This discussion has been closed.