Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    stcd40mzjhrv.png
    WEEK 3 TALLIES FOR THE b7sald484zao.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW ALL IT WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 46.9 POUNDS OR 0.20%!!

pegi1322a1p4.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Weight No More 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % @walkerjulian78 2.65%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 16.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @walkerjulian78 5.5

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.53%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.41%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.25%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 16.7
    2nd Weight No More 16.4
    3rd Workout Warriors 11.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @walkerjulian78 2.65%
    2nd @Phoebe112476 2.56%
    3rd @raleighgirl09 2.23%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @walkerjulian78 5.5
    2nd @raleighgirl09 4.5
    3rd @leonadixon 4.4
    3rd @LovebyDraug69 4.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@leonadixon
    @LovebyDraug69
    @ConfidentRaven
    @tryingagain5
    @Shexio
    @ngk2000
    @Krystalkayefisher
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @Connie7355

bool20fa9pic.png
    FROM ALL US MODERATORS
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Team! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 week!! Come on over and join the week 4 challenge from Workout Warriors!
    vnf5202kbqoi.jpeg
    k68vvh96jz3m.jpeg

Join us for a great week!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I’m going to make them today. Miyokos makes a wonderful vegan butter and 1 tablespoon ground flax seed to 3 tablespoons of water, makes a good egg substitute. I will let you know how they come out.
    We did farmers market and T-day grocery shopping yesterday. Also saw frozen 2 with family. We loved it. Nice day
    I ate more carbs than usual yesterday but stayed at good portions. Molly made the best creamy wild rice garbanzo soup last night.
    Today is food prep day for the week and beginning of Thanksgiving. Going to make pie crusts, pancakes for family this morning, chocolate molasses cookies, an apple tart, cranberry sauce and lots of veggie chopping.
    Found some almond milk Baileys to splash into my nightly Hazelnut tea every now and then...I know there are lots of ways to celebrate Holidays but food and beverages seem so central don’t they? Balance.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    j56ooqx1xs5p.png
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    a3p9njmoph3r.jpeg
    Kids were over last night. Lula Mae knows she’s not allowed on the couch...but what can I say?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE OWNER TO TEAM/GROUP CHALLENGE
    25p1bbdwm5k0.png

IT IS MY DREAM TO BUILD AND STRENGTHEN THIS GROUP AS A WHOLE!!!
    NO ONE TEAM IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER TEAM

SO HERE IS MY CHALLENGE TO THE GROUP, TO THE TEAMS, AND TO YOU THE MEMBER

WE ALL HAVE A FRIENDS LIST ON MFP, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM SO ON SO FORTH
    I AM CHALLENGING YOU TO INVITE 2 OF THOSE FRIENDS TO JOIN OUR GROUP AND YOUR TEAM.
    NOW WHEN YOU INVITE THOSE 2 FRIENDS THEY MUST SPECIFY THAT YOU INVITED THEM AND THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON YOUR TEAM
    I WILL THEN PLACED THEM ON YOUR TEAM TO BEGIN IN THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE.

THERE IS NO PRIZE FOR THIS IT SIMPLY IS INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO SHARE THEIR JOURNEY WITH US AS A GROUP AND ON YOUR TEAM.

MY GOAL IS TO GET TO 30-35 MEMBERS PER TEAM... AND IF WE NEED TO BUILD ANOTHER TEAM THEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DO. SO COME ON AND JOIN ME TO MAKE THE MOST POWERFUL GROUP ON THE WEB SITE MY FITNESS PAL.

NEW LIFE INTO THE GROUP/TEAM IS A GOOD THING AND TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO WON'T HURT I PROMISE. WE DID IT IN THE WARRIORS THIS PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND BECAUSE OF IT WE AS A TEAM ARE BIGGER BADDER AND STRONGER. I AM GRATEFUL TO THE NEW CAPTAINS OF THE WARRIORS AND THE MOTIVATOR FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT.

LET'S CRUSH THIS CHALLENGE ...WHAT YA SAY YOU IN.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR REGISTRATION PAGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773428/fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-december-registration/p1?new=1

'
    NOW GO OUT THERE AND CRUSH THIS CHALLENGE
    G
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ATTN ALL TEAMS AND CAPTAINS AND MOTIVATORS
    IT IS OFFICIAL THE WORKOUT WARRIORS
    ARE NOW THE FITNESS WARRIORS
    TIME FOR CHANGE AND TIME FOR A SHAKE UP
    TEAM APPROVED AND TEAM GENERATED... [/color

the definition for fitness and it encompasses more than just exercise and workouts, but also body composition and nutrition and just being able to do things. So, given that, I like it. #1 of Fitness Warriors gets my vote.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in

Food - On track, but did not log
    Exercise - rest day
    Water - 1.8 l

It has been such a busy weekend, I did not log, which is the first since August. I eat my usual and as planned, so that was good. It has been such a busy weekend, sorry for not checking in sooner.

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I know it is not a loss, but it is not really a gain either, so that’s good. How was your week? How are you doing these days?

@GingerPwr - First, just sending you a big hug right now. I am so sorry you feel this way and I hope that by sharing with us, that helped, even just a little. I get it and I have been there, especially this summer when I reinjured my leg and felt like I was in a hole. I think that many people feel similar this time of year. The holidays are coming and that is stressful enough. Then it is a time where many of us reflect over the past year and maybe we are not where we thought we would be with weight loss, fitness, looks, relationships and anything else in our lives. I am not walking in your shoes, so do not have all of the answers. To me, being 20 lbs down is a big success, but I understand that is not where you want to be. Maybe you can look at small ways to feel powerful again, small ways to take care of yourself, and small coping mechanisms for the holidays. For example, today I took 10 minutes to sit and have a cup fo tea, or today, I got to bed on time. You can keep a list or a brief journal as something tangible to prove to yourself that you have power and can be good to yourself. I am not a trained professional, but if you really feel that the depression is continuing, then it is time to look into getting professional help, or intensifying/changing the help that you have. For what it is worth, we think that you are a fantastic member of the team and I especially appreciate that you post with such clarity and honesty about your journey, especially the struggles. To me, that is powerful and successful.

@Mrsbell8well - Such a cute photo! Re stylish Santa, he kind of looks like David Letterman in retirement (with better clothes)!

@amytriesww - Another great loss! I hope that you are feeling better!

@tryinagain5 - That’s a great Thanksgiving plan and thanks for sharing. Great day in spite of being tired. Hope that you are catching up on sleep and getting some rest.

@nstephenson01 - I am so sorry about your friend. What a terrible shock. Please have a safe trip and obviously, no problem re skipping your weigh in. We are here for you any time and sending you a big hug.

@pacsnc6 - Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I am going to give it a try for Christmas baking!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    u84a2eem87pc.jpeg

Congratulations to the team this week for coming in 1st for %lost & a close 2nd for lbs lost!! Congratulations to @Phoebe112476 for coming in 2nd for individual lbs lost! Also congratulations to @tryingagain5 for making the Honorable Mentions!

On our team, congratulations to @phoebe112476, @tryingagain5 and @hope002 for coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd on our team this week!

Great week and we are all winners for taking this journey!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Those chocolate cookies recipe I posted were called chocolate jumbos by my mother in law. I don't know where the recipe originated - my guess would be a magazine. They freeze well so feel free to double the recipe - use three eggs - and thaw them as needed. I made the half recipe (three dozen) and put half in the freezer.
    Congrats to the biggest losers for last week
    @CassieGetsFit2013 that's not a gain to worry about. you're doing good.
    @gingerpw sorry to hear you've had such a tough year, you should be proud of your son joining the service, you've maintained your weight for six months, and you didn't say but I hope you and your husband are doing better.
    @Mrsbell8well looks like your dog is obeying the rule - he's sitting on laps NOT the couch ;-)
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sunday 11/24 check in
    Food: logged, just a little over
    Exercise: 30 minutes low intensity at home
    Water: 56 oz

My day was pretty short since I slept 4 hours this afternoon. Trying to catch up on sleep.😴 I'm working a 10 hour shift to tonight. Since we're going to be off a couple days for Thanksgiving, they want us to get as much done between now and then and the overtime pay is always nice.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @GingerPwr

Sorry about what you're going through, giving you a virtual hug. I don't have first hand experience with depression so I won't be able to give much advice on that, except to say, possibly talk with someone to work through it.

You may feel powerless but you are not. You say you're afraid of gaining over the holiday. Give yourself permission to not stress over weight loss during that time. Give yourself permission to enjoy the holiday without going too far overboard.

I also have trouble seeing my own progress. Others always have to point it out to me. Don't just look at the number on the scale. Look at how your clothes fit, are you stronger, can you do more with out getting out of breath, etc. Have others help you see the progress.

Don't quit, keep going no matter how hard it is. I've quit more times than I like to admit. I've lost and gained a lot of weight over the years. I"ll lose, then gain, then feel bad, eat more, then gain more and the cycle continues.

Keep coming here to post, vent, yell, scream, whatever you need to do to get through. We're all in this journey together and are here to support each other.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Still short on sleep and will be the next few days too. I'm off from Wednesday morning through Sunday night. I plan on getting some extra sleep sometime during that time frame.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    axf3moiv80l0.jpeg

Okay F2F team! We are in day 2 starting tmo Monday! Let’s support each other as we go into Thanksgiving! Awesome group! 💃💃🌟💃💃

My November Biggest excuse is that I am tired and I don’t want to cook! Excuse! I feel that and I eat unhealthy and it hinders my own NSV. I love to cook, usually! We all have our days.

My NSV with this excuse is to have healthy frozen meals in the fridge when this happens. 👏👍👏

Come on over and share: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
This discussion has been closed.