TEAM: Run Track Minds (December)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi Team!!

Welcome to the challenge! My name is Jessica and I am your Captain this month. You can tag me @jwall309 to answer any questions you have or just anything you need!

I have been a part of this challenge since March 2019, so this will be my 10th month of the challenge. I have lost 30 pounds and hope to lose about 20 more to get to goal weight! I have been struggling a little bit with motivation this month. Having a hard time staying on track, even after I get myself back, its only lasting a few days. But its a marathon, not a sprint, so I am doing my best! Speaking of marathon, I watched the Amazon original movie "Brittany runs a Marathon" last night and I definitely recommend. It truly highlights the struggles and successes of taking responsibility for ourselves and embarking on the journey to a healthy lifestyle. I found it very inspirational while in the midst of a tough month for me. Hoping that the accountability and support here will help get my December back on track to losing the last 20 pounds!

You will weigh in here on your weigh in day every week, please use the following format!

Username
    Week #
    Weigh In Day:
    Previous Weight:
    Current Weight:

I know we are all human, so if something comes up and you miss your day its ok, but we need weigh ins by end of day Saturday to count towards the week. If you miss two weeks in a row, you are removed from the challenge. And remember the goal is accountability, so really strive to weigh in on the day you chose at the beginning of the challenge!

We also do an optional daily challenge, where you can check in each day about how things went. The format is:

Daily Post (Day)
    Track: Yes or no
    Calories: Under, over, or at goal
    Exercise: did you do purposeful movement
    Day: Assessment of the day, how you did, how you feel, anything you want to talk about.

This is an optional challenge, but I find it really helps keep me on track to post daily about how things are going! Also helps me reflect on emotions and stress and how that effected me day, especially as an emotional eater. It helps me with self awareness and strategizing for how to handle my emotions without food.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Hi Team Run Track Minds!
    I am so excited to continue on this epic journey of weight loss and healthy lifestyle while helping our team hit the mark! @jwall309 thanks for supporting us again and thanks in advance for being the team captain. Please add me to December’s roster. If ok, can I post my weight on my weigh in day Saturday? I’m still learning the format so thanks for your patience!

• somum
    Ps @jwall309 I totally know you will crush the last 20lbs- congrats in advance for all your weight loss success! Hope to hit my big picture goal soon!
  • jwall309
    Thank you @somum !! So post this Saturday’s (Nov 30) on our November thread and then Saturday Dec 7th will be your first weigh in here! I know it can be totally confusing with how the weeks are structured!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    @jwall309 so is our starting weight going to be this weeks weight when we post here for next week? November was my first challenge.
  • jwall309
    @jwall309 so is our starting weight going to be this weeks weight when we post here for next week? November was my first challenge.

December weigh in starts on Dec 1! So that will be the week you post your weigh in here. Through this Saturday will still be posted on November

• mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Hello, rolling over from November. The accountability and encouraging community was great, for this first timer! Thanks @jwall309 for being our team Captain and for all your help. 😊
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Coming over from November thread. Looking forward to seeing you all crush your goals! 🙌
  • somum
    Hi All! Coming over from November! My weigh in day is Saturday so I will post this upcoming Saturday! Best wishes to us all!
  • somum
    @jwall309 Thank you so much!
  • LyndaBSS
    edited December 2019
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Week #: Week 1 (12/1)
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW: 180.6
    CW: 180.6

• marilyntob
    marilyntob Posts: 6 Member
    Marilyntob
    Week#1(12/1)
    PW:225
    CW:225
    Thank you @jwall309 and AB0215
    I am a newbie here :)
  • LyndaBSS
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

Happy December! I’m off to a good start this month. I’m dedicated to my health, eating on plan, my motivation is high. Now I need to make my scale make good decisions. 😝
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: week 1 December 1
    PW:202
    CW:203

I’m surprised I only gained a pound. I feel so yucky after all of the thanksgiving indulgence. Now for damage control!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 304 Member
    First month newbie to this challenge and it looks like we just add our first December weigh in this comming Saturday (let me know if you need last Saturday's weight or todays and I'll post). I'm just wrapping up a November challenge which I've extended to hit a milestone level buit just started the Micro HIIT and Cardio & Abs 30 day challenges (darebee.com) for December since I'm not getting my usual step level in with the crummy weather. Looking forward to this weight loss challenge and the overall success of the group.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Hi I'm Pearl. I joined MFP February 2019. I successfully lost 40lbs over the first 5/6 months but have struggled since then, gaining and losing the same couple of lbs over and over again. So I'm back this month with a good plan and in the right head space. I joined MFP as part of a group of friends trying to get healthier, but I think I was the only one who stuck to it this long (and kept the weight off). MFP and calorie counting just works for me.
    So here's to a successful December.
    Welcome all newbies, good luck <3<3<3
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2019
    @AB0215 Is it too late to be able to join the December challenge? Sorry, forgot to reply sooner 😬
  • I can’t believe it’s already December! This year just flew by. I didn’t introduce myself last time, but guess no is as good a time as any!

So hello there! My name’s Kris, and I’ve consciously been on this journey since December 2017 when I was 225 lbs (HW of 230). I was in this group once before, but I was juggling more in life than I ever had and wasn’t able to keep up and ultimately gained back the 20 lbs I’d originally lost while participating here. My first month back I feel has gone really well, and it just dawned on me the other day that I’ve officially gone from a size 22 to a size 12! I’m only one size away from being in my pre-pregnancy size jean back in 2008!!

So thats my goal for this month to keep me motivated and fend off all the holiday treats.
    I hope we’re all able to reach at least one goal by the end of the year, whether its a on or off the scale. Good luck everyone!

-DAILY POST-
    Day: Sunday
    Track: No ( Work retail and need a comfort day after this weekend lol)
    Calories (1,330): Over
    Exercise: No
    Steps (5,000): Yes / 7,331
    Note: Back on track tomorrow
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Sunday December 1
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Hi all! This is a great challenge and a great team!
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Username: Toyota100
    Week: Sunday, November Week 1 (12/1/2019)
    CW: 219.2
    PW: 219.0

Gained a tad bit during holiday week. Wasn't focused on watching calories or working out consistently. Going to get back on track this week, so I continue on my journey to get out of the 200 pound club. I'm not quite there, but I'm not 232 pounds anymore either.
This discussion has been closed.