LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Yes, we also had to change our tyres. Only had to change 2 but found out 4 tyres is much cheaper after calculations😉 That cheese cake looks yummy🤤
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Welp, this is turning out to be just a cheat week /facepalm
    Not completely regretting it, but also not just going to go back to eating horribly. Scale may be up (definitely will be) by the end of it all, but I'm just not going to feel bad about it anymore.
    Will I be happy about weight gain? No... but I'm also not going to stop living my life b/c of some pounds gained back.
    While losing the pounds again has definitely been a struggle this year, I'm just done letting that get me down.
    I know it will come back off again b/c well.. this is my life now. There's no more going back to how I used to eat before. At least not permanently. Days and weeks like this are going to happen again and again and I just gotta bounce back from it and keep going.
    Oh... 2020 better watch out b/c this is all just reinvigorating me to go harder next year.
    I'm enjoying the rest of this year. Still keto for most of it, but not going to beat myself up over not being perfect either.
    And once the new year rings in? Oh... It's ON!
  • LiLee2018
    It's currently 5am.
    Got woken up at about 2:30 b/c our old dog pooped in the room. Nothing like the smell of poop to get you up :\
    It's not his fault though. He's an old old man and can't hold it in all night sometimes.
    Anyway, couldn't get back to sleep so here I am!
    About to spam yall with more Xmas stuff! lol

Outside is pretty much done. Think I'm going to put some lights on the bushes but other than that, this is it. I'd like some lights on the house, but hubs doesn't feel like doing it and I don't want to either so... oh well lol.
    c0bwbg95ws2a.jpg

The inflatables are up! Our darth vader one died though. Boo :( I'm going to make it a new tradition to buy a new inflatable every year! At least until we can't walk through our yard any longer b/c there are so many! Muahahahaha
    zpinwqrrlvjw.jpg
    vkindqprak00.jpg

Kids wanted to pose w/ Inflatable Santa lol
    zy7u6zy9iu4u.jpg
    x9xndsikd32l.jpg

Indoor cheesy decor! lol
    Our 2 Yodas at the front door... just b/c
    yfp5xtq1j795.jpg
    17ln30crmddl.jpg

I'm going to have to move the picture frame. My youngest will definitely knock it off. I love the little weird moving/singing toys though (they don't really sell them like they used to though. Boo). The yeti and green monster are my favs. I've had the green monster one for gosh... maybe 9 or 10 years now.
    5x74g3i0b4pp.jpg

And we got our christmas tree yesterday! YAY! :)
    Got most of the ornaments on it. Not a lot on the bottom part.... the ones that are are the ones that aren't breakable lol. Our tree last year was even worse. Ended up with no ornaments on the bottom half b/c my youngest couldn't keep his hands off of it and pulled off every single one he could reach. I'm sure it will be the same this year too lol
    1awxh7cx9sr7.jpg
    bh6hwja4w8no.jpg

Still haven't completely cleaned the house. Yesterday was spent cleaning though. Magic erasers... where have you been all my life?? Used up almost our entire stash of them scrubbing crayon off the walls and still didn't even get all of the spots JUST in the living room. It's amazing how blind you become to certain things. Like.. I've noticed the scribbles on the walls, but just got used to them being there. But then yesterday once discovering that the erasers do work on that... I noticed just how many places my kids had written on and BOY there were a lot.
    Our house was looking like an abandoned crack house minus the drugs rofl.
    Don't get me started on the hallway leading to my 2 older kids rooms though. The walls aren't painted there so can't scrub them down. UGH it looks terrible. And my daughter's room. I swear... most of the scribbles are from her.. although she's tried denying it before even though she literally tagged her graffiti with her name... in numerous spots ROFL.
    Oh kids.... so cute... so destructive ;)

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG so super cute........kiddos too :).....you are certainly in the spirit for sure!! We still have to get our outside done but rain is coming today so I guess this weekened we will get it finished......
  • jadepearl
    OMG.... your Christmas decorations - AMAZING 😍😍😍❤️😘🎄👍 Your kids are so cute too🤗🤗😍
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Your decorations and chil'ren are ADORABLE!!!! You're so cute and creative! SUPER jeal!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow sooo Christmasy!!! I love it 🎄☃️🎅
  • LiLee2018
    I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving. And if you don't celebrate it, I hope you've had an amazing week so far! Yay friday!!

Holy crap though. I've eaten ALL THE CARBS. ALL OF THEM! lol
    And 100% sugary foods make me feel fricking TERRIBLE.
    Didn't feel anything off when just eating say... rice or stuffing, but as soon as I eat a dessert? I feel terrible.
    And while I know a lot of people are fine just watching portions.... it does NOT work for my brain.
    I'm full, but my body keeps telling me to go eat more more more more more. My body just does not feel satisfied even though I am full. I want MORE.
    It's amazing to me that I wasn't bigger than I was.

But anyway... lots of leftovers to get through. Delicious leftovers :)

Oh and impromptu trip to the movies yesterday too w/ the kids and family. We all went to see Frozen 2 and... well... don't waste a theater trip to see it. It's not good. The story was ok and interesting, but the songs are terrible IMO. Disney movie songs are supposed to be catchy, but these were just.... boring. You know how in some plays, they sing and it's just them singing what they're doing to crappy music? That's how it was in the movie. Nothing catchy or memorable at all. I could not tell you how any of the songs went.
  • jadepearl
    Don't worry about the carbs or calories...its Thanksgiving, my dear! <3 Enjoy it with your family. <3 Now its done and over with, hop back up onto the OMAD wagon and soldier on. DD watched Frozen 2 too and she said its OK. But of course, she prefers Frozen 1. Are you guys celebrating Christmas with a family gathering too?
  • LiLee2018
    Yep, we usually get together with family for Christmas too :) It's usually at inlaws home, but since this will be their first Christmas without DH's grandfather, I'm not sure where they'll want to have it. I'd be fine doing it here, but it's up to everyone else.

Back to my new normal now. I had my week filled with eating how I used to and BOY did I learn a lot. Like just how awful sugary treats make me feel. How TIRED I was all week for no reason other than my diet change.
    Oh well.... it certainly won't be the last time that happens lol.

BUT now I'm dealing with 2 very sick children so actually have a reason to be tired now. Both my boys have chest colds. We still have a baby monitor in my youngest's room and his coughing during the night has been waking me up. Poor baby threw up all over himself last night. And yesterday both of them threw up on themselves too. It's been LOTS of fun here lately lol.
    I'm sure I'll come down with it. No matter how much you tell a child to cover their mouth when they cough.... they still manage to cough multiple times right in to your face. SIGH

Anyway... DH surprised me with a fitbit type of watch. I had mentioned MAYBE getting one, but I really hadn't planned on getting one any time soon and he just up and bought me one during his little black friday online shopping spree. Lol... so much for doing some research on them. Oh well. I looked and he didn't spend a lot thankfully (22$).

Also got myself an early Christmas present. Another thing I hadn't planned on getting any time soon, but DH saw what I wanted and told me to just get it so I did.
    My new over the sink dish drying rack! YAY!
    I think I'm officially considered old now since this has got me so excited lol
    Ignore the dirty dishes in the sink :P
    na258p39t3nr.jpg
    Jewelry? Nope.... Fun gadgets and gizmos? NOPE
    A dish rack that will free up a little bit of counter space?? /Drool give it to me baby!
  • volgirl1322
    OMG that is so cool!!! As a mom, and wife it is the little practical things....I love it so cool!!! How is the fitbit watch going?? I am looking to get something but don't want to spend a ton on it either.....
  • volgirl1322
    PS hope you sick kiddos get to feeling better!
  • LiLee2018
    OMG that is so cool!!! As a mom, and wife it is the little practical things....I love it so cool!!! How is the fitbit watch going?? I am looking to get something but don't want to spend a ton on it either.....

It's ok. I'm not used to wearing watches so I'm still getting used to wearing it. I haven't had it for long though so we'll see how well this one holds up.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Dude I LOVE a good space saving gadget!!! Do you not have a dishwasher? Or is it just for the odds and ends stuff that always seem to be lying around? LOL - I love that you can hang stuff on it too!!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I take melatonin. It definitely helps me get to sleep, but doesn't help keep me asleep. I also take magnesium too. :)

Years ago I took that. Just seemed to get me to sleep as you describe, but didn't sustain it. Plus, gave me headaches.
  • LiLee2018
    Dude I LOVE a good space saving gadget!!! Do you not have a dishwasher? Or is it just for the odds and ends stuff that always seem to be lying around? LOL - I love that you can hang stuff on it too!!!

Yep, we have a dishwasher, but a lot of the stuff in it doesn't dry completely so other than stuff we wash by hand, we have to put dishes in a drying rack too. I try to keep the dishwasher door open to help stuff dry, but we go through a lot of dirty dishes so have to load it up again before stuff dries etc etc.

Years ago I took that. Just seemed to get me to sleep as you describe, but didn't sustain it. Plus, gave me headaches.

Headaches? That sucks. Thankfully I haven't had that problem. I wish it did keep me asleep, but I'm happy with it just getting me to sleep. I used to just lay in bed for hours b/c I could never fall asleep. It's nice actually being able to fall asleep within 30min or less of taking the stuff.

I ended up cheating with leftovers yesterday. Didn't want them going to waste and no one else in the house eats the stuff. So along w/ leftover turkey, I also had the rest of my sweet potato casserole and stuffing. YUM.
    I'll be finishing off the rest of the turkey today, but it's all back to keto now.

I'm either getting sick or having some slight keto adjustment symptoms right now. Started getting dull headaches yesterday and getting them again this morning. Wouldn't doubt if it's me getting sick. Daughter is starting to get sick again too. SIGH.... time for 3 or 4 months of endless colds.

• mistymeadows2005
    You poor thing - I feel like your poor babies keep passing it around, AND sharing with YOU! LOL - I had leftovers a ton too because I'm a leftover FIEND and if I can talk Ced into leftovers more than one day in a row, it's a freakin' miracle LOL
  • LiLee2018
    You poor thing - I feel like your poor babies keep passing it around, AND sharing with YOU! LOL - I had leftovers a ton too because I'm a leftover FIEND and if I can talk Ced into leftovers more than one day in a row, it's a freakin' miracle LOL

Lol I love leftovers b/c lordy I don't like cooking all the time. It was actually supposed to be beef stew yesterday, but w/ daughter's later schedule and helping her with her homework, it just completely slipped my mind and it was too late to start it by the time I remembered. It's all good though, having it tonight and leftovers of that for a day or so :disappointed:
    Yeah my boys usually catch whatever first. Either they'll both get something at the same time, or one will catch something, give it to the other then daughter will get it. So far I've been pretty lucky not to catch everything they've come down with though. Hoping it happens this time too b/c UUUGH I don't want to get a chest cold!

• LiLee2018
    Woops, that wasn't supposed to be a sad face emoji lol. I love my leftovers!
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO FX you make it through illness free! :grin: