Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Tuesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

Grateful to have this thread keeping me on the straight and narrow. 👍

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: none
    Day: ug. Bingey day 😫will try harder tomorrow

Water challenge: was mindful about my water but a little shy of my goal
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked: no
    Calories: assuredly over
    Exercise: no

I indulged today at work and at home tonight. One thing that is on my mind is “how did I manage to eat like this everyday before?” I feel gross and the food was not worth it. Now, if I had binged on sushi or pizza it might have been worth it....😛
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted this yesterday and I guess I didn't hit post . . . . AGAIN.
    Username: CrystalEssex
    Week # 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 109.5
    Current Weight: 111.98 (yesterday). I weighed myself after lunch break, which was a horrible idea, and I have been eating larger calorie meals less often at the recommendation of my naturopath due to some of my labwork, so I ate more than I would have at one sitting. Hopefully that was the culprit. It makes me feel better anyway :smiley:
  • CrystalEssex
    Options
    Daily Post 17

Calories: Slightly over, but I did eat one more meal than usual, a smoothie with greens and avocado during a 2 hr training at work after a 12 hr nightshift. Otherwise, I would have been at goal.

Exercise: No exercise. I worked, had a few hour class, and then slept for 5 hours to come back to work for another 12 hr shift. I do work in the ER and we have been super busy, so I'm sure I'm getting more steps than usual. Hopefully that accounts for something

Day: This was day 1 into day 2 of my new meal plan that my naturopath and I discussed at my last appontment. I did well overall. I have a lot of inflammation, a gluten sensitivity, as well as a dairy and soy sensitivity, so I am really trying to get back on track. I am back to meal prepping and weekly grocery shopping that i do online instead of being in the store wanting everything in sight and not getting what I really need. I've also been watching some YouTube shows by clean & delicious (I love this channel) to get some ideas as I really have no cooking background and I need a whole lot of help in that area. Haha. My husband loves to cook, but he likes to cook meat and potatoes, which isn't going to work for me.
  • CrystalEssex
    Options
    Now, if I had binged on sushi or pizza it might have been worth it....😛

I completely feel ya! Pizza is so good, but I usually end up feeling just as miserable unless I just scrape off the toppings and ditch the crust. Bread and I don't get along well, even though I really like it.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post 17

Calories: Slightly over, but I did eat one more meal than usual, a smoothie with greens and avocado during a 2 hr training at work after a 12 hr nightshift. Otherwise, I would have been at goal.

Exercise: No exercise. I worked, had a few hour class, and then slept for 5 hours to come back to work for another 12 hr shift. I do work in the ER and we have been super busy, so I'm sure I'm getting more steps than usual. Hopefully that accounts for something

Day: This was day 1 into day 2 of my new meal plan that my naturopath and I discussed at my last appontment. I did well overall. I have a lot of inflammation, a gluten sensitivity, as well as a dairy and soy sensitivity, so I am really trying to get back on track. I am back to meal prepping and weekly grocery shopping that i do online instead of being in the store wanting everything in sight and not getting what I really need. I've also been watching some YouTube shows by clean & delicious (I love this channel) to get some ideas as I really have no cooking background and I need a whole lot of help in that area. Haha. My husband loves to cook, but he likes to cook meat and potatoes, which isn't going to work for me.

I hope your new eating plan gives you some relief! I’m not much for cooking either so I feel you -when I did strict clean eating I pretty much just ate meat and veggies or salads, hopefully you’re finding something more creative/satisfying lol.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Cooking is actually very easy, whether it be on a stovetop or in the oven. Don’t be fearful of it. Ask a family member or friend to show you the ropes. I’d actually suggest that strongly over learning online, at least until you get the basics down.

Spices make all the difference. Start using small amounts to see what your taste preference is. You can easily google what spices are best with swordfish, for example.

Good luck and have fun! 🥘
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily tracking: Wednesday
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Things I can do better: move more, clean clutter, stay positive and motivated
    Am I happy with progress today: yes, I made good choices today. 😀

My mindset is firmly back in place. I’ve been wobbling lately. One day under, two days over. I’m committed again to staying under calories.

• MissSlimline
    MissSlimline Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Dec 18th)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): under
    Activity: 12k steps
    Weight: 113
    Day: Considering upping my calorie intake to 1500 because I feel as though my milk supply has dropped a bit (breastfeeding atm)
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Username: Kathie_GoGo
    Weigh in week: DEC Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Previous Week's weight: 151.2 pounds
    Today's Weight: 151.6 pounds
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: yes! I didn’t want to say “none” again lol so I did my favourite 20 minute workout DVD
    Day: feel good about today, made good choices and planned ahead as I knew I’d be having a higher carb dinner (I try to be pretty low carb)

Water challenge: did good today, was mindful and am pretty close to my goal
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes

Headed to see family 500 miles away tomorrow through Monday. Activities usually revolve around food so wish me luck! I feel mentally prepared but my mom fixates on my weight and pushes my buttons.....
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes

Headed to see family 500 miles away tomorrow through Monday. Activities usually revolve around food so wish me luck! I feel mentally prepared but my mom fixates on my weight and pushes my buttons.....

That’s too bad about your mom, hopefully she’ll leave you alone this time. Good luck and enjoy the time with your family!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, December week 3 (19-12)
    PW: 98,3 kg / 216,71lbs
    CW: 100,1 kg / 220,68 lbs

Pretty weird i gained, since i ate an average of 2245 kcal and my extra burns from exercise was 672+537+642 = 1851
    So if i deduct that, my average net kcal is 1936
    I must be very bloated, so going to drink extra water today to see if it is going to be down and under 99 kg again in 2 day's

• AmyG1982
    Options
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, December week 3 (19-12)
    PW: 98,3 kg / 216,71lbs
    CW: 100,1 kg / 220,68 lbs

Pretty weird i gained, since i ate an average of 2245 kcal and my extra burns from exercise was 672+537+642 = 1851
    So if i deduct that, my average net kcal is 1936
    I must be very bloated, so going to drink extra water today to see if it is going to be down and under 99 kg again in 2 day's

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, it was so frustrating to see after doing everything “right”. Fluctuations happen often so don’t let it discourage you. Hopefully you’re back down again quickly!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Dec 18)
    Calories (goal 1200): On Target
    Activity: No
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Busy work day missed goal by 100 steps. This streak ended at Day 30.
    Daily Water (goal 8x8oz): On Target

Thought From My Day: LIFE IS SHORT. IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN?
    Rescue team and life flight helicopter attempted to rescue our neighbor. He didn't survive.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options
    Does anyone else lose all sense of themselves during this month?

I’ve been struggling with stress eating all month, but Ive been able to keep the weight gain at bay (for now). Fall semester already ended and I was hoping to get in the gym more but not even that’s been happening. I’ve just been so tired lately.

How do ya’ll stay calm (or as calm as you can) during this holiday? Cause lets face it, its a whole month affair, not just a one day thing like all the rest.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Does anyone else lose all sense of themselves during this month?

I’ve been struggling with stress eating all month, but Ive been able to keep the weight gain at bay (for now). Fall semester already ended and I was hoping to get in the gym more but not even that’s been happening. I’ve just been so tired lately.

How do ya’ll stay calm (or as calm as you can) during this holiday? Cause lets face it, its a whole month affair, not just a one day thing like all the rest.

It’s definitely a bit of a struggle for me, I actually find I can do pretty well managing to make good food choices at all the parties and get togethers while still enjoying myself. Where I struggle is being gifted chocolates or holiday baking. That tends to derail me pretty hard so I think this year I’m just going to regift or toss any I get cuz if I have even a little it always seems to send me on a binge that can last months.

I’m finding this year, so far, that going in to each event with a plan and being mindful to stick to it and not punishing myself if I don’t has been really good for me and mentally I feel much better than I have in previous years.

Just keep trying, and don’t beat yourself up for not doing all the things you think you should. Try and find time for yourself to relax and regroup mentally and try to get as much enjoyment out of the holidays as you can. ❤️
  • MissSlimline
    MissSlimline Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday (Dec 19th)
    Calories (goal 1200): on target
    Activity: 10k steps
    Weight: 111.8
    Day: been a long day, here I am in bed by 7pm 😴 it’s weird I no longer eat food for enjoyment I eat it if it’s going to fit in my calorie budget. Tomorrow will be different though I have a little party to go to that’s got lots of cakes and baking
This discussion has been closed.