Options
    Saw this today and had to share:
    v2qk3vgl88ju.jpeg

I was glad to see this. Thanks Bonnie
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 32 minutes walking Ollie with my son David; 20 minutes walking in the shopping center; 30 minutes food prep for friend's dinner
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@Colleen790, holidays are almost over. Hold on!! Glad the meme helped. :smile: Also, this is just week 4. We have five weeks this month.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    December 26
    Exercised?Yes
    Tracking?Yes
    Calories?Yes

Great that we have 5 weeks this month.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    flourchild225
    December Week 4
    PW: 128.8
    CW: 129.4

You've done well for this time of year. Much better than me
  • Colleen790
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 32 minutes walking Ollie with my son David; 20 minutes walking in the shopping center; 30 minutes food prep for friend's dinner

@Colleen790, holidays are almost over. Hold on!! Glad the meme helped. :smile: Also, this is just week 4. We have five weeks this month.

Thanks Bonnie. Feeling out of control at the moment. When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm terrible 😯
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    December 27
    Exercised?: Yes (3 km in 24 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Short walk today.

Nephews birthday tomorrow. Morning will be at a water park.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@fe45243
    @keepingtrack1234
    @mayaVDM
    @MMMonk
    @Shewhoismany

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 4
    PW:
    CW:
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks Bonnie. Feeling out of control at the moment. When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm terrible 😯

@Colleen790, you are not alone. I am still logging everything I eat but I am also feeling out of control. I am throwing away some cookies today that nobody is eating and that will help. There is still pumpkin pie and it would be incredibly hard to throw that away. It's my favorite holiday goodie and is only here once a year.

We can refocus on minds if we commit to not giving up. What one thing can you do today to take just one step back to being in control of your health today? Mine is I don't have anything I HAVE to do today so I'm getting my rear back in the gym today.

We can do this!!

@fe452436, how's your breathing? Are you back home?
  • craigo3154
    Options
    shewhoismany
    December Week 4
    PW: 124.4
    CW: 125.6

I wasn't going to post. I was going to hide under a rock and never come back. It is in my history to be unforgiving of myself. To quit when the road get a little bumpy. To hide from my failures. To fall of the track and never climb back on. However, you guys are so helpful, so inspiring and so motivating, that for once I decided not to take the cowards way out and drop out. I'm going to own this.

Ultimately, I decided to not let a truly horrific week, which I enjoyed immensely by the way, ruin what has been a really great year for me.

In the past 256 days, I have lost a tad over 50 pounds, run my first Tough Mudder, quit smoking, weened myself off nicotine gum, finished a 5K, started training for a half marathon, plan to train for a full marathon, loved my family, raised my sons and husband, run my business, and had an oh so merry freakin' Christmas.

I am not going to forgive myself for gaining over a pound, that implies I did something wrong. Instead, was a gift I gave myself. I will not regret enjoying the holiday, eating all of those cookies (I baked them!), having a drink (or two, maybe three) and just relaxing or getting rowdy with my friends and family. The season has an end date, and it has passed, so it is time to get back on track but I enjoyed my diversion.

@shewhoismany. Thank you for posting.

Life is not measured by the bathroom scales. Worth is not attributed to BMI or lbs (despite what the media tells you).

Sounds like you have had an amazing year and deserve to enjoy the fruits of all that effort.
    • Losing almost 1/3 of your starting body weight
    • Quitting smoking
    • Competing in events that the average person would struggle greatly to ever finish

As you said, nothing to forgive. No need to even think of it as a "truly horrific week".

The biggest success is when you can look at the scale and realise it is just a number, nothing more. You can report what in without fear or prejudice because it is, simply what it is.

Well done. So happy you both enjoyed the week and posted. All that remains is to the habits that made it possible to enjoy life (and living) and have a great time.
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Quick question: do our January weigh ins start the week of Jan 5?
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    fe452436
    December Week 4
    PW:203 lbs
    CW:202 lbs

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @glouis4, yes. January 4th is the last weigh-in for December. January 5th is the first weigh-in for January.

@fe452436, nice loss! :star:

@shewhoismany, I am so incredibly proud of you, not only for the accomplishments you have achieved this year but for not leaving. Did you see the meme I posted the other day? Here it is again. So glad you enjoyed your holiday!! :heart:
    62r2pqsp1lvl.jpeg
    Good wisdom from @craigo3154, too!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 50-minute gym workout with the rowing machine, elliptical trainer, and strength exercises
  • Cspdb3
    Cspdb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 min treadmill and strength training
  • Colleen790
    Options

@Colleen790, you are not alone. I am still logging everything I eat but I am also feeling out of control. I am throwing away some cookies today that nobody is eating and that will help. There is still pumpkin pie and it would be incredibly hard to throw that away. It's my favorite holiday goodie and is only here once a year.

We can refocus on minds if we commit to not giving up. What one thing can you do today to take just one step back to being in control of your health today? Mine is I don't have anything I HAVE to do today so I'm getting my rear back in the gym today.

We can do this!!

@fe452436, how's your breathing? Are you back home?

I know. It's so hard. I just feel like chilling out until New Years day. It's the only time of the year as you say we indulge in something special to the season. I intend on being very focused after New Years day.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 28
    Exercised?: Yes (2 hours with nephew at water park)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Was a good day at Nephews birthday (turned 12). Water park was fun. Good lunch with family. Also set up his new TV with the gaming consoles (I also act as tech support for the family :) ).

Actually a little sore this evening. I think I pulled or strained a muscle in the right leg (quadriceps) at the water park. Getting up from sitting, or driving are challenging.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Cspdb3
    @FatimaStartsAllOver
    @Kiadams317750
    @matthewsfive
    @BonnieHosk85

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 4
    PW:
    CW:

Still need to hear from these folks for week 4 weigh-in (let me know if I've missed your WI):
    @crystalbarton31
    @Keepingtrack1234
    @dmfaler
    @MayaVDM
    @MMMonk
  • Colleen790
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    .... Feeling out of control at the moment. When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm terrible 😯

@Colleen790. (and other Gutbusters). I want to let you in on a little secret.

TBL is not about losing weight.

Its a ruse, a bait-and-switch, a red herring.

TBL is actually about learning how to maintain health (both physically and mentally).

We all have good and bad days, weeks or even months. It's what you do AFTER the bad times that is important. Getting back to plan. Getting back on schedule. AND NOT BEATING YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.

What is important is to learn what works for you and what you can live with doing. Changing the "bad" habits of a lifetime. Finding other ways to cope with nerves, stress, anxiety without emotional eating.

TBL is not something you "win". It's a process by which you can learn.

You may be terrible when bad now. However, look at this as a way to learn how to be LESS terrible when bad.

Also put the bad behind you and credit yourself for the good you do. I've found the terrible is never so bad that the good ALWAYS, MORE than makes up for it.

Thank you for this. I will keep plodding on. I do struggle with emotional eating.
This discussion has been closed.