TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @MayaVDM, I've messaged Ashley and asked her if you can be added for January.

Update: she's got you in the Gutbusters for January. I let her know your starting weight was 174, correct? Thanks!

Thanks a lot for a new chance.Yes 174lb is correct (gained big time over holidays, lesson learned)
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @MayaVDM, you're not alone! :heart:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? A 30-minute walk with Ollie and Doug (chilly but nice!), 1.11 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am late this time.
    My mom was here.I ate more than usual during these days.Gained weight.I will start to create deficits soon.
    fe452436
    January Week 1
    PW:202 lbs
    CW:205 lbs
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Below is my graph from last month (in Australia kilograms is the normal weight, not pounds - each kilogram is approximately 2.2 pounds).

sem75ctqr6ln.jpg

Note how the blue line jumps around a lot, but the orange line (average of 7 days) is much smoother. Each day's weight is JUST a data point. The 7 day trend is what gets focused on.
    @craigo3154 , interesting graph. Is this on Excel? If so, can you share it here?

@looneycatblue. Yes it is a simple excel graph. 3 columns (date, weight, 7 day average weight). The 7 day average weight is =SUM(day-3 weight:day+3 weight)/7 (eg: =SUM(B2:B8)/7 )

You need to copy in your record values from somewhere (I record daily on MFP, simple button to register todays weight).

Don't know how to share an excel file in the forum unless I make an open google sheet. Will look at doing that later today and see if it has the graphing functions.

(btw, my weight record from this morning was 64.1kg, a small jump up from yesterday. I am estimating that with the cooler weather yesterday (and poor sleep last night) that I was not as dehydrated this morning as I have been the past few warm days).
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @fe452436, since you missed your week 5 weigh-in for December, and your weigh-in day is Friday, I'm asking @craigo3154 if this should be your starting weight for January and then Friday, when you weigh in, that will be your official week 1 weight. Craig?
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    WI 172.7 - I have a question - Was today the WI day?
    Exercised?: Yes walked
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • craigo3154
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @fe452436, since you missed your week 5 weigh-in for December, and your weigh-in day is Friday, I'm asking @craigo3154 if this should be your starting weight for January and then Friday, when you weigh in, that will be your official week 1 weight. Craig?

@BonnieHosk85. Starting weigh in weight for @fe452436. was set to be December week 4 (Dec 28).
    fe452436 wrote: »
    Sorry I am late this time.
    My mom was here.I ate more than usual during these days.Gained weight.I will start to create deficits soon.
    fe452436
    January Week 1
    PW:202 lbs
    CW:205 lbs

As @fe452436. posted this, her starting weight will be altered to 205 (as this was her last weight for December, not Week 1 January.

Jan week 1 weight will be Jan 10 (assuming Friday is still the desired weigh in day).

• craigo3154
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    WI 172.7 - I have a question - Was today the WI day?
    Exercised?: Yes walked
    @lacatgirl. Your WI day is currently nominated for Monday.
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    lacatgirl
    Monday
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @craigo3154, thanks for clarifying. :smile:

@lacatgirl, all team members have different weigh-in days. To help you remember, I post a reminder every morning, tagging those team members who are scheduled to weigh-in that day. You'll weigh-in tomorrow morning and then report what your weigh-in is, using this template:

User Name
    January Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Your PW is your weight from the day you signed up, then each previous week's amount. Hope this helps.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of strength training

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    January 6
    Exercised? Yes 25 mins Elliptical 15 mins stationary bike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning!

@allietuge, great progress pix!! Congrats on all your hard work!! :star:

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@abigail659
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Coccolino30
    @Kaj848
    @lacatgirl
    @looneycatblue
    @metubal

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • craigo3154
    Options
    January 6
    Exercised?: Yes (3 km walk in 23 mins)

Shorter walk today as very late.

Also saw an Osteo about my sore rib. Turns out it is likely strained instead of cracked. Been painful since Dec 24. Not much you can do for ribs anyway (as I knew).

Daughter has had a very up and down day from last night through today. Fortunately she see the psychologist tomorrow.

The second mini-challenge is to do 1 minute of mindful breathing.

Mindful breathing is sitting/standing/lying still and concentrating just on your breathing and ignoring all other thoughts:
    • How many seconds inhale?
    • How many seconds exhale?
    • How long between inhale and exhale?
    • Do you breath through you mouth or your nose?
    • What does the air feel like as you inhale and exhale?

It is like a mini focused meditation. But only for a minute. Set a timer before you start (eg. on your phone).

This helps brief exercise will help you focus on other things during the day.
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Username: abigail659
    January Week 1
    PW: 154.2
    CW: 152.8
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    WI: Jan. 6 - 172.8
    SW: 175
    GW: 135
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Jan 6, week1
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 166.6

Yeah for me, down 1.2, nice beginning for 2020 :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for 20 mins ? Yes, my dogs thought I was crazy because I walked around my living room at a fast pace like a lunatic, then I went bowling for 2 hours. I've almost got my 10K steps in for the day. Should have it completed before midnight.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget? Yes!
    Track? Yes.
    AM I TIRED? Heck yes! I will be glad to hit the hay!

You are so funny, but I can totally relate... I do that at home too when I am close to my steps goal... my cats just watch. :D
This discussion has been closed.