TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Morning everyone, hope you all have a great day!

Positives for this morning - my daughter has been getting up really, really early recently which has been tough but this morning we made it to 5am and rather than dwelling and doing a silent scream at how tired I am, I decided just to get up and start the day. So glad I did! I’ve managed to do my yoga for the day, have a coffee, cook breakfast and prep the slow cooker for dinner in the 2 and a half hours I’ve been up already and I still have another half hour until I need to think about leaving for work. Feeling productive!

I’m doing the Yoga with Adriene 30 day Home programme on YouTube. Is anyone else following it here? I’ve loved it so far.

@Coral333 that is an awesome way to get your morning started! I tried the 30 days with Adriene and really liked it, but couldn't keep my focus for more than a week. I do need to get back to trying it again! I like her personality and how she acknowledges the different ways to accomplish different poses. Have a good day at work!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Awesome! Great job @cmhubbard92 :)

@nerdyprincess92 thank you! :)
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    1/6/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,125
    Water: 100oz
    Plan & Followed food: yes, although I had to substitute turkey for chicken, because I forgot to defrost. All other parts of plan were spot on!
    Exercise 30min: no, because I broke my exercise up today instead of all at once.

Edit: I also wanted to add that they put a flyer up at work for a "The Biggest Loser Challenge" at work, and I am going to sign up tomorrow! It will run January 13 through mid-April(I think) and they have a couple prizes... and the results are percent-based instead of pounds, so it's more fair! I figured why not!

This sounds like a great additional motivator Christine! I’m sure with your consistency as well you’ll be in with a great shot for some of those prizes 👍🏻 a little extra motivation never hurts!!

@Coral333 thank you! My losses have been very slow over the last 6 months, so I am not super confident in placing in the contest! The motivation just sounds good to me! :)

Consistency is what wins the race. How many times have most of us not started a weight loss programme. We jump out of the blocks at the speed of light, live on air and lettuce, loose weight fast and furious and then, .... we can't sustain the pace, air don't feed us, and we then give up. We then gain more than what we lost and a few weeks/months later we try again, and again, and again.
    Rather go for slow, use the competition at work as added incentive, but don't let it overwhelm you. In the end the overall result is that as you loose, you are winning the fat race even if you don't win the price.
  • kydztoi
    kydztoi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Weigh In- Jan 7
    SW:240
    CW: 240

I didn't lose, but I'm not going to dwell on it.From everything I have been reading, not getting enough sleep does affect a persons actual ability to lose weight as fast as they used to. Even though it's not falling off me, I have noticed that my glucose readings are much lower and are steadily dropping. I am especially happy with that. I am staying under my calories, so the other will eventually drop.

1. Log everything : YES
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget: YES
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily:. YES Step Challenge : 6000 sets/NO (4416 steps)
    4. Report each day : yes
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    1/6/19
    Steps: 8,125
    Water: 100oz
    Plan & Followed food: yes, although I had to substitute turkey for chicken, because I forgot to defrost. All other parts of plan were spot on!
    Exercise 30min: no, because I broke my exercise up today instead of all at once.

Edit: I also wanted to add that they put a flyer up at work for a "The Biggest Loser Challenge" at work, and I am going to sign up tomorrow! It will run January 13 through mid-April(I think) and they have a couple prizes... and the results are percent-based instead of pounds, so it's more fair! I figured why not!

This sounds like a great additional motivator Christine! I’m sure with your consistency as well you’ll be in with a great shot for some of those prizes 👍🏻 a little extra motivation never hurts!!

@Coral333 thank you! My losses have been very slow over the last 6 months, so I am not super confident in placing in the contest! The motivation just sounds good to me! :)

Consistency is what wins the race. How many times have most of us not started a weight loss programme. We jump out of the blocks at the speed of light, live on air and lettuce, loose weight fast and furious and then, .... we can't sustain the pace, air don't feed us, and we then give up. We then gain more than what we lost and a few weeks/months later we try again, and again, and again.
    Rather go for slow, use the competition at work as added incentive, but don't let it overwhelm you. In the end the overall result is that as you loose, you are winning the fat race even if you don't win the price.

You are so right! In 2014 I lost 75ish pounds in about 6mos. While I really got myself in the best shape of my life, my methods were completely unsustainable and I gained all but 2lb back, lost all motivation and ate like a pig. It is sometimes discouraging, but I am happy with my progress this time around!
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    I am having troubles sleeping and at night I am used to snacking few pieces of fruit to give me some quick energy. I have enough for dinner so I shouldn't need that. I would love to stop eating after dinner - any tips on night time snacking?

I also need something right before I go to bed or I have trouble falling asleep. So I usually have a single Ak-mak cracker (22 calories) at bedtime. Does the trick for me. If I'm feeling really hungry, I add about 7 grams or Maranatha Organic Peanut Butter (44 calories) and I feel satisfied and ready to fall asleep. The main thing is that I accept that this is a habit that I usually need in order to sleep. Sleep is important. So I have found a "go to" that I don't have to think about at night and it's something that I'm not tempted to keep eating. I focus on quantity/quality of the food I eat during the day. I allow myself this at night because it works for me. --- Now to work on forcing myself to turn off my laptop and not watch the next episode of whatever I'm viewing on Netflix. That's seems to be my current bedtime problem.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @Zella132 , I can totally relate to Netflix! I get into an almost addictive mentality with it. I just decided to make myself use my bike while watching Hours of shows.lol at least I’m being somewhat productive then !
    Also, I also need food before bed
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Jan 6
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step :13439
    Water : 92 oz
    Food : Yes
    Yoga & meditation 49 min
    1.97 mile hike

Happy Tuesday
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Sunday 1.5.19
    No x3
    Monday 1.6.19
    Exercise: yes 60 min Zumba

Exercise Challenge: 1 day complete
    Food Challenge: 1 Day complete
    Pre- Logged and stuck to it

• p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Monday, 6 January-
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge:
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: no

Water:4.5L/152.16oz
    Steps: 1,749

Tuesday, 7 January-
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes(20 minutes of yoga + 60-minute walk)

Water:4L/135.25oz
    Steps:11,183
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    7th of January
    1. Log everything : Yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget : yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes, walks
    4. Report each day - yes

I posted my report for one day late but I have reported for every day

I hear you on netflix!

One more day only until my 1st weigh in!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Zella132 wrote: »
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    I am having troubles sleeping and at night I am used to snacking few pieces of fruit to give me some quick energy. I have enough for dinner so I shouldn't need that. I would love to stop eating after dinner - any tips on night time snacking?

I also need something right before I go to bed or I have trouble falling asleep. So I usually have a single Ak-mak cracker (22 calories) at bedtime. Does the trick for me. If I'm feeling really hungry, I add about 7 grams or Maranatha Organic Peanut Butter (44 calories) and I feel satisfied and ready to fall asleep. The main thing is that I accept that this is a habit that I usually need in order to sleep. Sleep is important. So I have found a "go to" that I don't have to think about at night and it's something that I'm not tempted to keep eating. I focus on quantity/quality of the food I eat during the day. I allow myself this at night because it works for me. --- Now to work on forcing myself to turn off my laptop and not watch the next episode of whatever I'm viewing on Netflix. That's seems to be my current bedtime problem.

I make a little room for a snack about an hour before I go to bed, lately it has been a serving of peanut m&ms. After I have that snack, I brush my teeth and only allow myself water before I go to bed.

With netflix, my boyfriend and I binge watch a lot of shows. It is something we have to get better at... but we have started upping our non-TV time by going bowling, for walks, etc. So at least that's a positive!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    @Zella132 , I can totally relate to Netflix! I get into an almost addictive mentality with it. I just decided to make myself use my bike while watching Hours of shows.lol at least I’m being somewhat productive then !
    Also, I also need food before bed

@LMK02020 that's a great idea! I should move my bike into our TV room!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Jan 6
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step :13439
    Water : 92 oz
    Food : Yes
    Yoga & meditation 49 min
    1.97 mile hike

Happy Tuesday

@murdog3t awesome job!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Sunday 1.5.19
    No x3
    Monday 1.6.19
    Exercise: yes 60 min Zumba

Exercise Challenge: 1 day complete
    Food Challenge: 1 Day complete
    Pre- Logged and stuck to it

@brandi_84 great job! I've always wanted to try Zumba! How is it? Do you go to a class, or do you do a video?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    p_mad wrote: »
    Monday, 6 January-
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: no

Water:4.5L/152.16oz
    Steps: 1,749

Tuesday, 7 January-
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes(20 minutes of yoga + 60-minute walk)

Water:4L/135.25oz
    Steps:11,183

@p_mad I love your water intake! Keep up the awesome work!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    Options
    1/7/20
    Steps: 8,806+
    Water: 96.9
    Planned & Followed: yes
    Exercise 30min: yes
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    1/6
    Logged : yes
    In calorie budget : yes
    Exercise: yes (2 hrs pickleball)
    Water: yes 67 ounces
    Step: 10,228 ( had to walk circles around the living room to get over 10k 😄)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

@brandi_84 great job! I've always wanted to try Zumba! How is it? Do you go to a class, or do you do a video?

@cmhubbard92 I follow along with YouTube videos. My daughter found them and wanted to try and asked me to do it with her. It's fun, so I get a lot in with our realizing how long I've been at it. I'm sore today though.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »

@cmhubbard92 I follow along with YouTube videos. My daughter found them and wanted to try and asked me to do it with her. It's fun, so I get a lot in with our realizing how long I've been at it. I'm sore today though.

@brandi_84 Could you share the link? I would be interested in trying some of them out! :) that's really neat to do with your daughter! :)
This discussion has been closed.