TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84, and @cmhubbard92 , Zumba dance exercises are my favorite. That's what most of my Cardio workouts are. 😃
  • nerdyprincess92
    nerdyprincess92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mini Accountability Challenge for NerdyPrincess92

7th Jan

Logged: yes
    Under cals: no, over by 140 :(
    Exercise: yes - 3km walk in the rain (took my car to the garage to be fixed tomorrow)
    Water: 5 glasses (just over 1L)

Thoughts: my cold is still hanging around and I'm starting to lose my voice with it but it's the time of year for this sort of thing. I'll cope.
    I'm a little annoyed at myself for going over my cal limit, especially as it could have been avoided if I'd read the food label when I bought it! Usually when I use beef mince I get the 5% fat stuff, but I bought one that was reduced and it was a 15% fat and higher cal count one. I didn't want to waste it so used it anyway. 140cals over isn't a lot in the scheme of things and as I'm trying to teach myself portion control and beating binge eating I think I'm doing OK. I'm just competitive with myself :) I'm also really resisting the urge to weigh myself, and wait until Saturday like I'm meant to.

Also, funny thing happened at work. I work in a school and our IT team have a safe search thing on. When I came on here to check posts I got a message from IT saying that the phrase "Big Butt" had flagged up on the system and maybe I could wait til later to come on the forum haha. Oops.
  • zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92, please take me of the January group list. Leaving mfp for awhile. Thanks
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Mon Jan 6th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 30 mins Focus T25 Cardio
    Water: 90oz

Tues Jan 7th
    Exercise: 30 mins Focus T25 Speed 1.0

Big kids went back to school today so I should be able to get back to my routine! Until my husband's work schedule changes again. I've been adding some extra stretches to the end of my workouts to make them 30 minutes and I think it has really been helping with soreness! My husband is starting a weight loss challenge at work this week that runs through April. I get so frustrated with him because he does it every year he basically starves himself for as long as he can and then binges and ends up being mad he hasn't lost a lot of weight but then once he's "off his diet" he gains twice what he lost. :s But at least he won't be pressuring me to get lots of treats for the next few weeks ;)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Mon Jan 6th

Tues Jan 7th

Big kids went back to school today so I should be able to get back to my routine! Until my husband's work schedule changes again. I've been adding some extra stretches to the end of my workouts to make them 30 minutes and I think it has really been helping with soreness! My husband is starting a weight loss challenge at work this week that runs through April. I get so frustrated with him because he does it every year he basically starves himself for as long as he can and then binges and ends up being mad he hasn't lost a lot of weight but then once he's "off his diet" he gains twice what he lost. :s But at least he won't be pressuring me to get lots of treats for the next few weeks ;)

@thedestar I'm glad the stretches are helping with the soreness. You are starting the week out great!
  • brandi_84
    Options

7th Jan

Exercise: yes - 3km walk in the rain (took my car to the garage to be fixed tomorrow)

Thoughts: my cold is still hanging around and I'm starting to lose my voice with it but it's the time of year for this sort of thing. I'll cope.
    I'm a little annoyed at myself for going over my cal limit, especially as it could have been avoided if I'd read the food label when I bought it! Usually when I use beef mince I get the 5% fat stuff, but I bought one that was reduced and it was a 15% fat and higher cal count one. I didn't want to waste it so used it anyway. 140cals over isn't a lot in the scheme of things and as I'm trying to teach myself portion control and beating binge eating I think I'm doing OK. I'm just competitive with myself :) I'm also really resisting the urge to weigh myself, and wait until Saturday like I'm meant to.

Also, funny thing happened at work. I work in a school and our IT team have a safe search thing on. When I came on here to check posts I got a message from IT saying that the phrase "Big Butt" had flagged up on the system and maybe I could wait til later to come on the forum haha. Oops.

@nerdyprincess92 That's hilarious! I'm sorry your cold is hanging on. I have been fortunate to avoid colds and such so far this season.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1/7
    Under: no 🙁
    Exercise: yes 1.5 hrs on bike and yoga
    Water 128 oz
  • brandi_84
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »

@brandi_84 great job! I've always wanted to try Zumba! How is it? Do you go to a class, or do you do a video?

@cmhubbard92 I follow along with YouTube videos. My daughter found them and wanted to try and asked me to do it with her. It's fun, so I get a lot in with our realizing how long I've been at it. I'm sore today though.

@brandi_84 Could you share the link? I would be interested in trying some of them out! :) that's really neat to do with your daughter! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzRlnYu2x5l-kmjpF08Hnw

That is one channel we use the most.

I also like the Fitness Marshall because he makes dances simple and easy to figure out. I am terrible at dancing.

We are always looking for more to add to our playlist. If anyone else has suggestions that would be awesome too.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I will weigh in on Thursday. I'll be getting a new scale tomorrow but probably not until later in the day.
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Ugh. I've been there with eating something only to realize it wasn't quite what I thought and had to try to adjust the rest of the day. In the end I decided that my overall trend was solid and I gave myself a pass on it. So I can totally relate, but don't beat yourself up over it.

I LOVE what happened at work! :-) We super strong security at work, too, and it can be frustrating. So far no one's called me out on anything like this, I just can't access a lot of stuff I'd like to. But I love my job and it's a small price to pay -- and it's perfectly legit reasoning.

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @Coral333 I keep trying to do yoga challenges but I can never seem to get further than 10 days. Which is really a shame because I know my body needs that type of exercise.
    It also isn't as calming as it should be because the puppy either tries to sit on top of me or barks at me during my yoga sessions.
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I was able to get a look at the spreadsheet finally and it makes so much more sense now. I also entered my stuff, but I'll repeat it here.

Username: Kathi7501
    Sunday, Jan. 5

Logged food: Yes
    Under calorie goal: Yes
    Steps: 1,867 :-(
    Exercise: nada
    Water: 48 oz

Monday, Jan. 6
    Steps: 4,365
    Exercise: 30 with personal trainer
    Water: 64 oz

Tuesday, Jan. 7
    Steps: Still counting
    Exercise: 45 minutes
    Water: 84 oz

Starting to feel much more on track and in control -- and a bit sore at this point, but I'm good with that.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 01/07
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - Gym -with PT
    Steps: 5,109
    Water: 76
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

7th Jan

@nerdyprincess92 awesome work! I'm sorry you still aren't feeling great, I hope you feel better soon! The IT message is hillarious 🤣
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    zaraizzy56 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92, please take me of the January group list. Leaving mfp for awhile. Thanks

@zaraizzy56 I will get it taken care of. Best of luck to you outside of MFP!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Mon Jan 6th

Tues Jan 7th

@thedestar stretching is really good! I'm glad it is helping you feel better!

My boyfriend has agreed to eat healthier with me... but it is currently somewhat disastrous.... I have been cooking very filling but rather low calorie dinners, and he's hungry before dinner is done, and is snacking nonstop until dinner is made... and then more snacks after dinner. I don't want to be rude and say what he's doing won't help, but I'm just going to let him do what he's doing until he complains to me that it's not working. But, who knows, it may work for him! So, I guess what I am saying, is that I guess I understand your frustration! I am supposed to weigh in today for a starting weight in my work weight loss challenge, too!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@brandi_84 great job! I've always wanted to try Zumba! How is it? Do you go to a class, or do you do a video?

@cmhubbard92 I follow along with YouTube videos. My daughter found them and wanted to try and asked me to do it with her. It's fun, so I get a lot in with our realizing how long I've been at it. I'm sore today though.

@brandi_84 Could you share the link? I would be interested in trying some of them out! :) that's really neat to do with your daughter! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzRlnYu2x5l-kmjpF08Hnw

That is one channel we use the most.

I also like the Fitness Marshall because he makes dances simple and easy to figure out. I am terrible at dancing.

We are always looking for more to add to our playlist. If anyone else has suggestions that would be awesome too.

@brandi_84 thank you! I will check that out later today!
    @cmhubbard92 I will weigh in on Thursday. I'll be getting a new scale tomorrow but probably not until later in the day.

Not a problem! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Kathi7501 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 I was able to get a look at the spreadsheet finally and it makes so much more sense now. I also entered my stuff, but I'll repeat it here.

Username: Kathi7501
    Sunday, Jan. 5

Steps: 1,867 :-(
    Exercise: nada
    Water: 48 oz

Monday, Jan. 6
    Steps: 4,365
    Exercise: 30 with personal trainer
    Water: 64 oz

Tuesday, Jan. 7
    Steps: Still counting
    Exercise: 45 minutes
    Water: 84 oz

Starting to feel much more on track and in control -- and a bit sore at this point, but I'm good with that.

Fabulous work @Kathi7501 :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Tuesday 01/07
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - Gym -with PT
    Steps: 5,109
    Water: 76

Great day @petrocoetsee !
This discussion has been closed.