Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Couldn't check in yesterday, cos of brain stuff. 😼 We stuck to the plan tho, & did the logging & stuff. So today is a double check in. 😺

Jan 4 we just went over on calories again but otherwise were good:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ❌
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️

Jan 5 we hit all the goals:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️ ✅

We hope everyone's had a good weekend! 😸
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I ended up using FatSecret to log this weekend since the MFP app wasn't working at all for me...it was good to log, and pretty much all my goals were done with some exercise swapped for yard work, and the writing skipped.

Happy Monday!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hi @Genmon02!!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Dec 3 check in.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31 Going in right direction!
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day, (45) not so good, went to a HS b-ball game and ate most of a bag of popcorn
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day YES!
    4. Exercise every day YES!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks YES! but got carried away with the popcorn

Dec 4 & 5 check in.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31 The scale is not going in the right direction this time
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day YES!
    4. Exercise every day YES! Lots of exercise this weekend, Sat. about 940 calories burned
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks YES! Did really good after the Friday night bag of popcorn

Let's see what the scale does after I've really cut the carbs way down again, I had a few days in a row very close or over on goal. I do weigh myself every day and don't get terribly upset with a slight gain.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I did good over Xmas, then got sick, went down hill. 4 pounds, plan on having it off in next 2 weeks.
    1) no candy kisses
    2) drink more water
    3)drink not tea
    4) eat soup
    5) eat 100 gr of carbs or less a day
    6) exercise 5 days a week
    7) Say No to myself
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    Day 6 is done for us - been kinda sluggish today but we managed to hit our activity goal & went for a walk/hike in the snow to get our excercise done. It was abit of a chore tho. 😼

1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️ ✅

We hope everyone's having a good day! 😺
  • Genmon02
    Genmon02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Hi Cadori!!
    How are you? Hows living the vida low carb going for you?
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stay under 50 total carbs everyday: Yes
    Exercise everyday: Yes
    Lower my blood sugar: Yes, current blood sugar: 132
    Lose something: I won't weigh until next Wednesday

I'm amazed at how quickly my blood sugar is responding to the new plan. I'm not on medication, and in less than a week I'm down over 100 points. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll hit the normal range. I wanted to cry on the treadmill today, but I got through it. The half hour on the bike felt much better.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 6:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day >:)
    Write 30 min a day >:)

Not only did I do the workout, I totally killed it, it needs an ambulance for sure...even did the alternative moves on the "rest" times between sets...I haven't been to the yoga studio in a year or more, but my fitness is still improving from my home workouts, and that was very encouraging to feel...I used to struggle with an hour class, and I rocked it with energy to spare on the 1:15 class while still doing many of the advanced moves and pushing my abilities...it was super great!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Jan 6
    on-plan cals: low day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: low day :mrgreen:
    workout: 1/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Still quite tired, It would be nice if it would stop raining and the sun would come out.
    First strength workout in 2 weeks slated for this afternoon. Time to get the kiddos crackin on their schoolwork.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better so your able to work out, @baconslave.
    Sounds wonderful to be eating at maintenance @tcunbeliever. I know I'll get there someday.

Check in for Dec 6.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31Scale sitting at the same spot, that's okay, not gaining.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day YES!
    4. Exercise every day YES! Normal treadmill at 3.5 for 2 miles, I didn't push it
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks

I had friends over after work so we tried the keto friendly no crust all meat pizza from Papa Murphy's. Felt really heavy in my stomach like indigestion. I had an ugh feeling for several hours.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was excellent with regards to eating and listening to hunger cues. I went to bed on a stomach that felt normal and not stuffed. Lunch was also light eating just to satisfaction. Can I do this regularly? I can sure try. I almost gave up ad libitum after getting on the scale Monday. In a month I’ve stayed weight neutral but would really like to start losing again. I’ll give it the month and see what happens.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Eating - good
    Gym - good
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stay under 50 total carbs everyday: Yes
    Exercise everyday: Yes
    Lower my blood sugar: Yes, current blood sugar: 126
    Lose something: I won't weigh until next Wednesday

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so we'll get to see where I am after my first week of low carb. Even if I don't lose anything the reduction in blood sugar is truly astounding. I imagine being in the normal range in the next few weeks, which would be pretty amazing for such a short amount of time.

I'm feeling pretty good. I had a couple days where I felt pretty tired, but I'm mostly over that. I'm thinking about going out to dinner tomorrow night to use a gift card that I got for Christmas, but I might cook at home and wait to eat out until I go to visit a friend next weekend. Whether it's tomorrow or next weekend I'm going to make sure that I'm making well-informed choices about what I choose to eat.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1) Wait 20 minutes when having urges to binge 💩 I waited and waited but ended up binging anyway haha! 4 days in a row. New goal is to go 37 days, 1/10th of a year.

2) Exercise outdoors 💪 I went on a hike this weekend. I had to push myself to find a place to go, drive there, find a parking spot, locate the trail, etc. I got a little lost but I did it and it was awesome! Looking forward to going again this weekend. Also kept up with my other workouts this week 5.5 / 300 hours far.

3) Meal prep 💪 Started with prepping 2 meals at once so I only have to heat something up every other night.

4) 1700 calories, 100g carbs & 130g protein, no eating between 8pm and 12pm. 💩 yeah, NOPE except I have been keeping up with protein.

5) Shed “all or nothing” attitude and remain accountable 💪 My track record has been horrible the past 2 weeks and I would have quit half a dozen times by now but I am still here and still trying.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I'll get back into the challenges next month after reestablishing my routine. I took a significant break from goals and tracking midway through 2019. I stayed active however and maintained due to sticking with mostly Lchf foods. Now that I am refocused (and mostly recovered from a nasty cold), I'm tracking and staying within my old limits. I didn't shop well this week protein wise but have plenty of staples to make do.
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    We've wrapped up our first week of January. Today was all right - nothing bad, nothing great. Stayed on plan, though our carbs were a little higher today due to some extra vegetables.

January 7:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️ ✅

@chickencereal kudos to you for sticking with it despite the set-backs. Good job on the hike too!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Trying to provide a daily update and the app is being dumb!!!! Ahhhh 🤬
    Day 7
    Ate good food today, stayed on track, followed my diet plan,didn’t exercise, didn’t have a good plan for dinner but my hubby grilled some burgers, so thankful...
    The full moon is coming, my head is all crazy but I stayed on the course for good health. One day at a time right.

This discussion has been closed.