SHRINKING ASSETS JANUARY CHAT

Options

Replies

• mommyscott6
    mommyscott6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Finally figured out how to reply. Sorry for the late weigh in.

mommyscott6
    PW: 202
    CW: 202
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    hbafjz5kpfqi.jpg

December Week 5 Steps
    1st Place - @kilobykilo 85,761
    2nd Place - @Beka3695 56,925
    3rd Place - @boehle 55,904
    4th Place - @LaurieWrobo 41,943

Team total 385,976 steps

Congratulations to @kilobykilo on a great week. The total was lower than normal so hopefully we can all join in for January and boost us back up :smiley:
    December Total Month Steps
    1st Place - @ngk2000 320,738
    2nd Place - @kilobykilo 307,757
    3rd Place - @boehle 303,397
    4th Place - @ells_runs 275,004

Team total 2,382,010 steps

Great work by everyone. I think between us we can manage 25 MILLION STEPS this year. Can you imagine being part of that...
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I will be doing my first parkrun of the year on Saturday. Does anyone else attend these events?

exercise.png
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my first parkrun of the year on Saturday. Does anyone else attend these events?

exercise.png

I wish I could but 1) they dont seem have made their way to portugal yet and 2) I work saturday mornings....... in another lifetime I'll be a park runner!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Kilobykilo
    Thursday (but weds today as I'm out of town tomorrow)
    PW: 184.8
    CW: 184.4

Not the usually january whoosh I'd like..... but I've not gone into usual January mode so I'll take any kind of loss!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Steps:
    Sunday 5th - 11363
    Monday 6th - 15560
    Tuesday 7th - 15229

Much happier with stepa progress than food progress! Worked hard to get to 15k on first two days back at work.

Today could easily be a low step day as I'm travelling; but decided luggage isn't too heavy so going to walk to the station instead of taxi at this end and will try and get extra steps in either side of trains and plane.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    clemsonhrd wrote: »
    Username: clemsonhrd
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight (PW): (The last weight you entered)
    Today's (Current) Weight (CW): 221

I found this on the Announcement thread for our F2F Guidelines. Please make sure that @clemsonhrd knows to come here for weigh-ins. I have entered it on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

I sent her a DM.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calories - Under according to MFP, over according to me
    Steps - YES
    Water - YES

I had the munchies yesterday. not sure why - just did. I had about 300 calories to work with for dinner. THEN my daughter called... "Mom, care if I make dinner?" Who would say no to that? She made Chicken Picata and served over quinoa. OMG delicious. Made from scratch - better than what a 17 yr old should be able to make. I was really impressed. Guess what I am having for lunch today?

The munchies has attempted to visit today. I just had 2 TB of peanut butter. This might be considered breakfast.

Wednesday Goals:
    4k steps before I leave work
    7k by the end of the day
    under 1360 cal for the day
    DRINK MY WATER

• Beka3695
    Options
    FAT 2 FIT HABIT TRACKER

UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:

1.open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2.go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3.put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4.add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5.check the box when you do it!
      It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle! Any problems? Message @jugar or me for assistance.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    1/5
    1/6
    1/7
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    KittyInBoots17:
    Wednesday
    PW: 219
    CW: 221

I freaking blew it on the weekend and I think it caught up to me. I'm just easing myself from maintenance to deficit. I feel ridiculous because I know I am capable of doing this cuz I've done it before. I want to do it, it's just tougher to actually do. I MUST DO THIS!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    KittyInBoots17:
    Wednesday
    PW: 219
    CW: 221

I freaking blew it on the weekend and I think it caught up to me. I'm just easing myself from maintenance to deficit. I feel ridiculous because I know I am capable of doing this cuz I've done it before. I want to do it, it's just tougher to actually do. I MUST DO THIS!

Miss Kitty, instead of taking out certain foods, perhaps just controlling the portions would be enough. Take your "normal" spoonful, the put 1/3 back. That way you won't feel as denied, and still get those cals in a deficit. I'm also in cutback mode myself, and it helps to measure things out for a while to really know what a "proper" portion looks like. Little adjustments aren't as painful and may get the job done. Feel the empowerment of better choices! :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Exciting - we are up to 3 people in the Shrinking Assets apple watch challenge! I will extend the invitation to F2F members to reach the 4 in a team.

exercise.png
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    Good morning!

How is everyone getting on?
  • Beka3695
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Calories - Under
    Steps - yes and no.... I did not hit 4/7, but I did hit 6+ for the day which is my Jan min goal.
    Water - YES

Breakfast yesterday WAS just the peanut butter - this saved me 220 calories and kept me from going over. I was super stoked to end the day at 1127.

I have pre logged today AND included a splurge of homemade Italian herb bread - which I just ate! I am currently at 1239 for the day and 3 waters in. I have 5 more sitting on my desk - Big yeti and airborne. Yep, I'm counting the airborne as water!

Tonight I will be gathering all the last minute stuff for the baby shower. Tomorrow is prep day. I will not now for sure if baby girl will be home today or tomorrow until about noon EST.

NERD SHEET UPDATE:
    I have been diligent about updating my nerd sheet for the last couple weeks.
    Last week it predicted a 2.5 lb loss and my actual was 1.8
    So far this week it is predicting a 1.8 lb loss. Hope it is right!!!

I will be weighing in on Friday since the weekend will be beyond hectic - but a good hectic!

Thursday Goals:
    4k steps before I leave work
    7k by the end of the day
    under 1360 cal for the day - pre logged
    DRINK MY WATER

What does everyone else have planned as the weekend comes into view?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Good morning @CatherineElizabeth13 or good afternoon for me. I will be glad when my meeting is over and I can go home. Really need some r&r right now. If I can fit a run in first that would be awesome. How are you doing?

Plans for the weekend - work! One of the shareholders wants a briefing, at their house, on Sunday morning! See where we get to tomorrow before calling more than that.
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    CharlesScott78
    Thursday
    PW 371.4
    CW 372

Man that makes me crazy. Lol. I stayed in my calorie goal all last week. Must be the salt that did me in. It will come off - I have a love/hate relationship with my scale 🤔

Wow Charles, I just read some of your blog. Thanks for sharing your story! You may have a love/hate with your scale, but at least you have a dialogue. Sometimes any forward progress is a win. I'm glad we're on a team that can help us with accountability and encouragement. Baby steps are helping you gain momentum- to keep losing weight and gaining health. I wish you a successful journey in 2020. We're in it together with you. B)

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the encouragement. If I can ever do anything to help - let me know. I am really glad to have found a fun group! Wishing everyone a great 2020!
This discussion has been closed.