Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    1.7.19 Tuesday
    Tracked Under No exercise
    Food challenge - No I changed lunch plan to eat up some leftovers

1.8.19 Wednesday
    Family lunch day. Chinese takeout, so I didn't track, no exercise.

It was delicious, but I feel the sodium.

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mini Accountability Challenge for NerdyPrincess92

8th Jan

Logged: yes
    Under cals: yes!
    Exercise: yes - another 30min walkabout
    Water: none! Oops!

Thoughts: I'm feeling a bit triumphant today actually. This morning I was feeling like "what's the point" and "it won't matter if I don't track and eat whatever" and I was convinced that I was going to binge eat and just end up hiding food wrappers again and still eat dinner like nothing was wrong.
    BUT I DIDN'T!
    I overcame those feelings, I still recorded it all, I chose fruit over chocolate, I chose to get off the bus earlier to get more movement in, I planned my lunches and got food in for them, I cleaned the fridge out and then made dinner. And came in just under my calorie limit, but it was still under!
    And I feel awesome that I had a positive day when I was convinced that it would all end in tears and self-sabotage.

Also, sorry my thoughts bits go on so long. I don't really have anywhere else to talk about this as I don't want lots of people knowing about my goals in case I fail like usual. The place I normally talk about this stuff is in an ED group with some of my online friends and it seems inappropriate in case I accidentally trigger someone who is in recovery.

We're half way through the week, I hope we're all having a good one!

This is brilliant to read! I’m so glad you’re feeling positive about your day and glad you are able to post here x
  • Coral333
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »

@brandi_84 great job! I've always wanted to try Zumba! How is it? Do you go to a class, or do you do a video?

@cmhubbard92 I follow along with YouTube videos. My daughter found them and wanted to try and asked me to do it with her. It's fun, so I get a lot in with our realizing how long I've been at it. I'm sore today though.

@brandi_84 Could you share the link? I would be interested in trying some of them out! :) that's really neat to do with your daughter! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzRlnYu2x5l-kmjpF08Hnw

That is one channel we use the most.

I also like the Fitness Marshall because he makes dances simple and easy to figure out. I am terrible at dancing.

We are always looking for more to add to our playlist. If anyone else has suggestions that would be awesome too.

Haha @brandi_84 I had that problem tonight! Usually my pup is happy to lie on the couch and watch but I got quite a few surprise (and not particularly welcome) face licks while trying to do some cat cow bends 🙈

I love The Fitness Marshall too! He’s also very funny, I’ve found myself getting an extra ab workout with some of his workout because he comes out with some hilarious lines.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    1/8/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 20min walk
    Steps: 8,325
    Water: 112oz

• cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I had a horrendously hectic day at work and when I finished all I wanted to do was get a Chinese for dinner - but I didn’t! I picked my daughter up after work and went straight home to cook us dinner and just go it done and feels so much better for it. This is a tough week because it’s 2 out of 4 that my husband works an opposite work day from me so is out before I get home and not back until midnight. It means doing the whole dinner, bath time and bedtime alone after a full work day but I’ve been finding recently it’s given me more motivation this week as I really want to set a good example and cook nutritious dinners for the wee one now she’s able to eat what we are eating generally.

Here’s a snapshot of the week so far - haddock risotto, grilled chicken and guacamole, slow cooker beef chilli and Chicken stir fry with sweet chilli...
    4o3gkm7gxhli.jpeg

@Coral333 that all looks super yummy!
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1/8
    Track everything: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise for 30 minutes: yes, 35 minute run, 15 minute walk
    Steps: 11,925
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wednesday January 8
    Planned food logged and within calories
    No exercise
    Water 8 cups
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mini Accountability Challenge for NerdyPrincess92

8th Jan

Logged: yes
    Under cals: yes!
    Exercise: yes - another 30min walkabout
    Water: none! Oops!

Thoughts: I'm feeling a bit triumphant today actually. This morning I was feeling like "what's the point" and "it won't matter if I don't track and eat whatever" and I was convinced that I was going to binge eat and just end up hiding food wrappers again and still eat dinner like nothing was wrong.
    BUT I DIDN'T!
    I overcame those feelings, I still recorded it all, I chose fruit over chocolate, I chose to get off the bus earlier to get more movement in, I planned my lunches and got food in for them, I cleaned the fridge out and then made dinner. And came in just under my calorie limit, but it was still under!
    And I feel awesome that I had a positive day when I was convinced that it would all end in tears and self-sabotage.

Also, sorry my thoughts bits go on so long. I don't really have anywhere else to talk about this as I don't want lots of people knowing about my goals in case I fail like usual. The place I normally talk about this stuff is in an ED group with some of my online friends and it seems inappropriate in case I accidentally trigger someone who is in recovery.

We're half way through the week, I hope we're all having a good one!

Hi Nerdy! NICE JOB!!!! Every road to victory is paved with a million little decisions and you rocked a ton of them today. Feels so good to win those battles with ourselves, doesn't it?

And please never worry about your thoughts going on so long. I know I can relate to a lot you say and I'm sure I'm not the only one. We all need somewhere safe where we can express what we need and be around someone who really understands what we're going through, why some things really are so very hard, and how truly awesome these seemingly small victories really are.

Way to kill it today!! Yay!!!
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kathi7501

Tuesday, Jan. 7
    Steps: 5,590

Wednesday, Jan. 8
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calorie goal: Yes
    Steps: still counting
    Exercise: not today -- friend's son's funeral, just not up for it tonight :-(
    Water: 104 oz

Super busy day, kinda draining, but not horrible. The scale isn't budging but I'm going to keep doing what I need to do and trust the body will have to give up sooner or later. Here's to tomorrow!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    8th of January
    1. Log everything : Yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget : yes (ish)
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes, walks
    4. Report each day - yes

I am going to post my logs on the next morning. I don't really log on to social sites in the evening. I will still log daily but my posts will be relating about how the day before went

I follow dr Yoni Freedhoff book and as such there isn't exact upper limit to calories. I have decided this time to not avoid treats completely as it isn't sustainable long term for me so yesterday was a treat evening. As such I am happy that I stayed in calorie balance (small deficit)

happy with the progress so far this year
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    8 January-
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge:
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: yes(30-minute HIIT+ 30-minute walk)

Steps: 6,050
    Water: 152.16 oz
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Jan 7
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step : 9064
    Water : 92 oz
    Food : Yes
    Exercise: yes
    Yoga & meditation 53 min
  • Coral333
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92
    1/0/2020 Weigh in
    Previous 190
    Current 187.5

Great loss @HappyGrape 👍🏻 Great way to start the year in a next 10 bracket!!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 01/08
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - Grid class at gym - after 3 weeks of just walking and running I was exhausted after training again. Just shows how quickly we loose fitness levels - at least I did!
    Steps: 7,659
    Water: 76
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @nerdyprincess92
    Just don't give up. I think most of us have been where you are. I could be used as a poster picture for what failing to loose weight looks like. I know all about eating behind the scenes. (I once saw a poster that read:
    "WHAT YOU EAT IN PRIVATE, YOU WEAR IN PUBLIC" ), but that didn't stop me doing that.

It took me until the age of 57, and a divorce after 34 years of marriage, to really loose weight. I l lost 47kg since September 2018. This past holiday period (December) again showed me how fragile I am. It was super easy to fall back to stuffing my face. Eating without thought. I could't stop after have 1 biscuit, I had to eat more. The scary part for me looking back is that my food portions were good, it was the other stuff I had problems with. What I am trying to say is, take 1 day at a time. There will be days that you make good choices, and there are going to be days that the choices you make will not be that good. We (you, me and everybody else in this position) need to try and make sure the good days outbalance the not-so-good-days. One of the ways I found to make some decisions easier is that I have very little in the house that will allow me to derail majorly. I am however living on my own and that makes it easier to do that.
    Handle 1 day at a time. Focus on today, make choices for today. If you stumble and fall down, get up, and move forward. It's good to look back, but only to learn from past mistakes and to learn how to make better choices. Remember you only fail when you give up.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Monday weigh in (I’m late but this was my weight on Monday): 215

I’m not doing any of the optional challenges right now-too many other things with my attention to monitor!!

Love reading everyone’s updates!

@GeminiLady159 you had a nice loss this week!
This discussion has been closed.