WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I just visited another team and saw this. I think it would be useful to us as well. I encourage you to use it and check in daily. Also feel free to rant, vent, cheer, share ups and downs, or ask questions.

Daily check in: Thursday
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: stationary 🚲 30 minutes
    Water: 80 ozs
    Steps:10,429 right now

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities (as they put it):
    Strength train or cardio but exercise
    Meet step goal and try for 10k again
    Log everything and stay under calories
    Storytime with my granddaughter

@micki48 I like this idea!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Busy dropping by, have been reading everyone's updates while I have time at work . Nearly time to go home for a hopefully productive weekend!
  • ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weigh in 207.2
    Weigh in date Fridays
    Have just started Boogie bounce once a week and Abs Conditioning once a week.
    Rest of week is normal 15-30 minutes of dog walk
    😊
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    ann_1403 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in 207.2
    Weigh in date Fridays
    😊

Hi Ann! I just want to be sure your starting weight is correct - I have 197.5. Is that right? Let me know asap. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I’m going to use my weight on New Years Day to be my starting weight because that is when I started eating healthy.
    SW 164.2
    Last week weight 161.7
    CW 159.9

Not sure if we are supposed to post last week weight or starting weight? Don’t know what PW stands for? Is it previous weight?

This week was rough!!! Starting off with Monday being 15 hrs at work and then every other day with being 10-14hr days! I did not make it to the gym I was exhausted! Today will be a normal hour day at work so plan to go to gym and then taekwondo after. I stayed on my diet. Resisted pizza 2 times at work which was really hard because pizza is my love❤️ a rep at work brought us in Starbucks and I asked for a sugar free drink so he brought me a skinny latte started drinking then logged and saw it had 17g of sugar but fat free so I only drank half.

Fantastic GREEN weigh-in! I love your energy, and pizza resistance. Need to start a movement - the Pizza Resistance Front PRF, demonstrating in workplaces around the globe! And good job on the so-called skinny latte o:)

You are doing just fine with your weigh-in, and yes PW is previous weight. You do not need to go back to starting weight - unless you want to show how awesome you are, which is perfectly OK!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The scale keeps creeping up for me. It's hard to watch because I'm doing everything right again but I know it'll drop eventually. Probably water.

Found a new VR game that's easy on my wrist and fought over it with my husband last night. We are never going to grow up, and also it's my turn. ;P

It was expensive but virtual reality has literally changed my life and my activity level. And it wasn't even as expensive as like, a good treadmill or a Peloton or something. I hope one day VR equipment gets recognition for being more than just video games.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    The scale keeps creeping up for me. It's hard to watch because I'm doing everything right again but I know it'll drop eventually. Probably water.

Found a new VR game that's easy on my wrist and fought over it with my husband last night. We are never going to grow up, and also it's my turn. ;P

It was expensive but virtual reality has literally changed my life and my activity level. And it wasn't even as expensive as like, a good treadmill or a Peloton or something. I hope one day VR equipment gets recognition for being more than just video games.

I agree! Even though I don't use them, I have seen people hard at it - and they are working off some serious calories! I hope your scale starts to behave. Maybe less salt, more water? I recently have really been watching my salt and it seems to be making a difference. So get on that VR and tell the hubby he has to get his own :smiley:

Hoping your wrist gets better. I have a fantastic series of exercises that take less than 5 minutes that I do every day for my wrists and elbows. Being a flutist, those joints take some serious abuse, and this series has completely gotten rid of those terrible pains when leaning on the palm. I can even do pushups :grimace: but I don't usually want to. If you want me to send you the exercises, let me know.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Wed 11,442
    Thurs 9,509
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    conleywoods

1/9 steps 6452

PW 227.2
    CW 226.8
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »

I agree! Even though I don't use them, I have seen people hard at it - and they are working off some serious calories! I hope your scale starts to behave. Maybe less salt, more water? I recently have really been watching my salt and it seems to be making a difference. So get on that VR and tell the hubby he has to get his own :smiley:

Hoping your wrist gets better. I have a fantastic series of exercises that take less than 5 minutes that I do every day for my wrists and elbows. Being a flutist, those joints take some serious abuse, and this series has completely gotten rid of those terrible pains when leaning on the palm. I can even do pushups :grimace: but I don't usually want to. If you want me to send you the exercises, let me know.

I'm guessing my water weight is mostly bread. Since we still have a lot of leftover turkey I've been eating 100% more sandwiches than usual. Tonight we're getting McDonald's for dinner because I'm craving fries and it's a gym day, so I'm thinking that scale will be stuck a few more days.

My wrist is fine. The pain was greater than the actual severity. Though I'm gonna lay off the pushups for a week or so.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little more nerves then I usually am before a weigh in. I tried really hard all week to keep under calories and eat healthy. Fingers cross for a lower number tomorrow, I need to catch up since December wasn't the best in loss. :)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I guess the main thing is to really think about this. You are the one who controls what goes inside and becomes you. You ARE what you eat, right? If one thing doesn't work and make you feel better, try something else. You can do this!
    [/quote]

Thanks I needed this right now
  • ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    ann_1403 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in 207.2
    Weigh in date Fridays
    😊

Hi Ann! I just want to be sure your starting weight is correct - I have 197.5. Is that right? Let me know asap. Thanks!

I have just checked - I was 14 stone 12 (208)
    Done weigh in today 14 stone 8 (204)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    STEPS
    1/8: 6,629
    1/9: 11, 566
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Would like to hit the delete button on this year so far. Haven't gotten anything done over the break/last 3 weeks, and eating way too much. My emotions are all over the place r/t daily arguments at home.

Oh dear - those times are hard. I have only a couple of things to suggest - first of all, keep going. When you're going through bad times, get through them - they will end, even if that is hard to believe. Try to spend time with a good friend or close family member. And just for something immediate, read through the December week 5 "2020 challenge" responses.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777165/week-5-challenge-20-20-vision-in-2020#latest

There were some really beautiful things in there - and if you can put down just one dream or vision, and map out even the beginning of a plan, it might help you get back on track and feel stronger. I know times of too many arguments and all the emotional turmoil are really hard. Try to carve out a few minutes, a couple of times a day - for you. Before you eat. If it gets really bad, get some help.

Hang in there, cory - and stop by like this. We're your friends :blush:
This discussion has been closed.