DOWNSIZERS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love your perspective taking!!! Life is so unpredictable and moving through with kindness and self care is truly inspiring!!! There are no true set backs if you are moving forward in your thinking and your heart!!! Kudos to you!!! 🌸💕😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    ts8is1p6z32g.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Thursday Weigh In
    Previous: 165.4
    Current: 168.4

Sorry, team, being pent up in the hospital for 5 days did not help me any, then when I did get home, I was absolutely exhausted. The one good thing about this is, with MyFitnessPal, each day can always be a new beginning. Here's to a fresh start!

I love your outlook! You are right every day is a fresh start. I was beating myself up about something I overate until I read this. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minute walk, reached step goal
    Water: 80 oz

Friday's goals
    1. 30 minute walk
    2. get at least 8500 steps
    3. Keep up with water intake

I have a problem with my leg and I had to cut back my walking time. I see the doctor on Thursday and hope to get an answer as it is very painful.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Today started off good but went down. To make matters worse my coffee got cold. 😭
    The bonus good thing is I had an eye doctor appointment because an issue I had. There is nothing wrong with my eyes. It's trigger issue. I think I know the trigger. It turns out I'll have to read labels on everything now.
    My steps for 1/16/20 is 5377.

I actually walked more than that but I carried stuff in the arm of my fitbit. I guess the lack of motion caused it not to read it. It's all good.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Today:
    1 hour of circuit training
    So so on the water
    At a salad
    Stayed within caloric goal
    Took 11,000 steps

Tomorrow’s opportunities
    Drink my water!
    Exercise
    Eat a bunch of veggies
    Take 10,000 steps
    Sry within my goal

I hope that you’ve all had a fantastic week, so far😊😊
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    Pw142.6
    Cw: 142.2
    Disappointed it wasn’t more but sometimes my body just doesn’t budge...😩 at least it’s something 🙃
    I find if I eat out I take such A hit hit even if I eat half of my meal...it’s an automatic 2 lb jump...noticed this trend... could be salt too. So I try not to eat out often or if I do I try to be more carful in my choices during the day...I guess it might of helped because my numbers dropped a tiny bit....(sigh)....😔
    Enough of this Debbie Downer!!! I’ll take it as a win thank you all for your support! Let’s have a great weekend!!! It’s Friday!!!! Woohoo! Do something you love this weekend!💕🌸💕🌸
    👍🏻 Jenn
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In

Exercise: not anything other than just walking at work. Gotta change that!
    Water: not enough

Steps for Thursday: 7,606

Friday:
    Already have lunch packed
    focus on drinking water again
    Get in some exercise

Getting back in the groove, I think.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Today:
    1 hour of circuit training
    So so on the water
    At a salad
    Stayed within caloric goal
    Took 11,000 steps

Tomorrow’s opportunities
    Drink my water!
    Exercise
    Eat a bunch of veggies
    Take 10,000 steps
    Sry within my goal

I hope that you’ve all had a fantastic week, so far😊😊

Would you like to join our step challenge? All you have to do is report your steps here daily or weekly!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!!
    Pw142.6
    Disappointed it wasn’t more but sometimes my body just doesn’t budge...😩 at least it’s something 🙃
    I find if I eat out I take such A hit hit even if I eat half of my meal...it’s an automatic 2 lb jump...noticed this trend... could be salt too. So I try not to eat out often or if I do I try to be more carful in my choices during the day...I guess it might of helped because my numbers dropped a tiny bit....(sigh)....😔
    Enough of this Debbie Downer!!! I’ll take it as a win thank you all for your support! Let’s have a great weekend!!! It’s Friday!!!! Woohoo! Do something you love this weekend!💕🌸💕🌸
    👍🏻 Jenn

Salt kills me. Tonight is my sanity treat of a coke and bag of chips. I will stay within calories but my weight will jump 3 to 5 pounds tomorrow morning. It levels out after a day or two. One thing I noticed that has helped with the water weight is drinking lots of water.

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    kguin0323 wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Tuesday Check in:

Exercise: 30 minute HIIT run on my treadmill
    Water: not enough

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Drink more water
    2. Weigh and measure
    3. Log everything

Great work! I"m curious, what is your HIIT run on treadmill? Do you vary the speed at set intervals?

I have a Peloton membership. I love it!! I do mostly the running or walk/run or power walk workouts. They are coach led programs so yes, the coach leads us through the workout letting us know when to run, sprint and recover. I highly recommend it.
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Thursday Weigh In
    Previous: 165.4
    Current: 168.4

Sorry, team, being pent up in the hospital for 5 days did not help me any, then when I did get home, I was absolutely exhausted. The one good thing about this is, with MyFitnessPal, each day can always be a new beginning. Here's to a fresh start!

So true Tami! And you had the sweetest, little reason to be distracted!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Week 2
    PW 207.4
    CW 206.8

I will take it. I was well within my calorie average for the week (1152) but did have some higher sodium intake days. Need to be more aware of this and make sure I am drinking lots of water.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Thursday check in

Exercise: 30 minute walk, reached step goal
    Water: 80 oz

Friday's goals
    1. 30 minute walk
    2. get at least 8500 steps
    3. Keep up with water intake

I have a problem with my leg and I had to cut back my walking time. I see the doctor on Thursday and hope to get an answer as it is very painful.

I hope you get some answers and relief from your doctor!
  • Kres567
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!!
    Pw142.6
    👍🏻 Jenn

Salt kills me. Tonight is my sanity treat of a coke and bag of chips. I will stay within calories but my weight will jump 3 to 5 pounds tomorrow morning. It levels out after a day or two. One thing I noticed that has helped with the water weight is drinking lots of water.

Same thing happens to me ladies. It’s the worst. Some mornings I can’t even get my wedding band on. TGIF!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 215
    Current weight: 214.8

I’m okay because it went down thankfully. And I was up at the start of the week. I really need to get a better handle on the weekends. It has always been my downfall. And it’s not that I go crazy but a meal or two out, getting lazy with measuring makes me jump a pound it two by Monday morning.

Any suggestions for habits to focus on the weekends? Strategies? I know I have to treat it like a weekday but it’s so hard!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Catching up on steps:

Monday 01/13 - 10,012
    01/14- 10,007
    01/15- 10,126
    01/16 - forgot my Fitbit at home
  • carolynsivik
    carolynsivik Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    carolynsivik
    week 2
    PW 141.5
    CW 141.5
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 215
    Current weight: 214.8

I’m okay because it went down thankfully. And I was up at the start of the week. I really need to get a better handle on the weekends. It has always been my downfall. And it’s not that I go crazy but a meal or two out, getting lazy with measuring makes me jump a pound it two by Monday morning.

Any suggestions for habits to focus on the weekends? Strategies? I know I have to treat it like a weekday but it’s so hard!

That’s a really tough one. In the past, I tended to be more relaxed Friday and Saturday but now I keep that to just Friday’s. I try not to go overboard on Friday’s though. I think measuring is really important. Also if you could cut out the meals out to once on the weekend it might help.
This discussion has been closed.