Monday 01/13 - 10,012
    01/14- 10,007
    01/15- 10,126
    01/16 - forgot my Fitbit at home

Great stepping, Jen!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Here are my steps for the week. Kinda slacker early for me, but I’m back in the game now!

1/12–5,573
    1/13–8,764
    1/14–6,882
    1/15–5,292
    1/16–7,606
    1/17–I’ll post these in the morning, but it’s over 10k finally.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Friday Check In

Calories: over. I did great until late afternoon. Then the plans I had for dinner bombed and I did not adjust well.
    Exercise: Got in 7.5 miles on the bike.
    Water: not there yet, but I will be before bedtime

Tomorrow:
    Stay in the green
    Get in either a good walk or bike ride
    At least 60 oz water
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    17 January 2020 steps 16,000.

COFFEE!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under thanks to exercise calories
    Exercise: 20 minute walk and of course a walk with my senior beagle Molly.
    Water: could be better

Saturday goals
    1. Stay under calories
    2. At least 72 oz water
    3. Walk minimum of 30 minutes

I am a type 2 diabetic and I spent the day chasing sugar lows. I ended up eating more than I normally do. I decreased my insulin again tonight. At the rate it has been going for the last 5 days, I should be totally off the insulin by end January or early February. This makes me very happy! 😃
  • UTMom81
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Steps for 1/17 = 10,886

Good Saturday morning, Downsizers! I've seen a good bit of discussion about how weekends are hard, and I think we ALL can relate to this. This morning, let's think about ONE thing that we can do today to start making a better plan (and thus, result) for our weekends. Each one of us knows what our own unique challenges are for today, so let's pick just ONE of those challenges to address.

For me, my Weekend Winner strategy will be: if I eat out today or tomorrow, I will eat a salad and be careful about what all is in it. For instance, I will order my dressing on the side and not order a salad choice that is full of calorie dense additions.

Who's with me? What will your Weekend Winner strategy be?

ola.gif
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Starting 225 Jan 5
    Last week 223.5
    CW 222
    GW 175
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Steps for 1/17 = 10,886

Good Saturday morning, Downsizers! I've seen a good bit of discussion about how weekends are hard, and I think we ALL can relate to this. This morning, let's think about ONE thing that we can do today to start making a better plan (and thus, result) for our weekends. Each one of us knows what our own unique challenges are for today, so let's pick just ONE of those challenges to address.

For me, my Weekend Winner strategy will be: if I eat out today or tomorrow, I will eat a salad and be careful about what all is in it. For instance, I will order my dressing on the side and not order a salad choice that is full of calorie dense additions.

Who's with me? What will your Weekend Winner strategy be?

ola.gif

On the weekends while my husband is home on the weekend I find it harder to stick to my plan. I have a list of go to things I can do at a glance instead of putting food in my mouth. Sounds silly but it works.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I read this on my feed yesterday and it really made me think.

Success is not achieved by winning all the time. Real success comes from when we rise after we fall. Some mountains are higher than others. Some roads are steeper than the next. There are hardships and setbacks but you can not let them stop you. Even on the steepest road you must not turn back. ~Muhammad Ali
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Thursday Weigh In
    Previous: 165.4
    Current: 168.4

Sorry, team, being pent up in the hospital for 5 days did not help me any, then when I did get home, I was absolutely exhausted. The one good thing about this is, with MyFitnessPal, each day can always be a new beginning. Here's to a fresh start!

I love your outlook! You are right every day is a fresh start. I was beating myself up about something I overate until I read this. Thanks!

I agree, every day when I see that fresh green with no calories spent, it's a great fresh start! A reminder that what happened yesterday is behind me (unless I peek at it).
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    (Sorry, I fell asleep last night before I could post)
    Hilogirl2018
    Friday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW: 126.6
    CW: 126.2
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    My daughter misplaced my step tracker watch after taking it to school to show her friends- needless to say, I wasn't happy about that! She couldn't find it the next day, and we're headed to the lost and found Monday (as if any 5th grader's going to turn it a fun gadget they find!). So for the time being, count me out of the step challenge, unfortunately.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under thanks to exercise calories
    Exercise: 20 minute walk and of course a walk with my senior beagle Molly.
    Water: could be better

Saturday goals
    1. Stay under calories
    2. At least 72 oz water
    3. Walk minimum of 30 minutes

I am a type 2 diabetic and I spent the day chasing sugar lows. I ended up eating more than I normally do. I decreased my insulin again tonight. At the rate it has been going for the last 5 days, I should be totally off the insulin by end January or early February. This makes me very happy! 😃

This is the best news! Congrats Linda!!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks @utmom81 for the Weekend Winner idea! I’ll do the same as you - as cold as it is here and as much as a burger and fries will taste so much better in frigid temperature I too will have a salad, dressing on the side!

Other goals for the weekend:
    1. Keep moving - workout both days
    2. 100oz of water both days - this will mean carrying water with me when I’m out of the house
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thanks @utmom81 for the Weekend Winner idea! I’ll do the same as you - as cold as it is here and as much as a burger and fries will taste so much better in frigid temperature I too will have a salad, dressing on the side!

Other goals for the weekend:
    1. Keep moving - workout both days
    2. 100oz of water both days - this will mean carrying water with me when I’m out of the house

Adding a grilled chicken breast or piece a grilled salmon will warm it up a bit and be just fine!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! I hope every one is having a wonderful weekend!

I just want to say if you are here and working towards your goals you are doing awesome!! Be proud!!

I notice a bit of a trend on weigh ins of people explaining why they did not lose more and it seems they feel bad about that, and In some of these it was with a decent loss 1-2lbs for the week, which is a very healthy loss. Now I may be reading too much into this, so I apologize up front if I am wrong. However, I want everyone to know that every active step they take towards their goals is progress and you should feel good about it. The only failure is when we stop trying.

Sustained healthy weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. So keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday Check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 20minute walk and met step goal
    Water: success

Sunday goals
    1. House clean
    2. no planned exercise as I rest on Sundays
    3. 72 oz of water

Update to Friday check in - I did end up going over my calorie goal
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Saturday Chevk In

Calories: under
    Exercise: nothing other than carrying the newborn around today. Getting in some unexpected upper body workout I’m not used to!
    Water: 60 oz

Weekend Winner: success today! A salad with chicken on it was my lunch when DD wanted to pull through Arby’s.

Tomorrow: hope to get in an early bike workout. Stay in the green, and shot for 70 oz water.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    17 January 2020 steps 16,000.

COFFEE!

Wow!!! Great stepping!!!
This discussion has been closed.