WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    5 Random facts about me:
    1. The sound of my cats scratching, licking, or otherwise performing their toilette near me on the bed makes me crazy.
    2. I like Historical fiction because it brings long forgotten high school history stories alive (unlike Mr LaMoth, who was deadly dull)!
    3. I’ve moved 18 times in my adulthood.
    4. Making big batches of food makes me happy, but eating leftovers for days doesn’t.
    5. I love the sound of amalgam fillings as they’re pushed in and they “squea-ea-k, sque-ea-ea-k”. It’s but a memory since they’ve made most of them into ceramic crowns.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    5 Random Facts About Me

1. I'm a dog person but generally like all animals.
    2. I grew up riding and showing horses and my childhood horse was named Dakota.
    3. I met my husband through a blind date that his mom arranged while I was interning at her school.
    4. I was 17 when I got my first college degree.
    5. I don't like babies! Loved my own but really prefer kids at least 1 and up.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    5 random facts about me

1. When I'm stressed I pick at my body hair and chew inside my lip (mainly head and eyebrows)
    2. I've been learning French for over 10 years. I can just about say hello, where's can I find a taxi?!
    3. I have over 80 cousins and know them all including their families and in laws.
    4. Following on from 3, I'm the oldest of over a 100 grandchildren (from my maternal grandfather) and I'm just 41!
    5. I have been to 28 countries and made my first overseas trip when I was 31 (10 years ago)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    7dad9munmnq1.jpeg
    @jugar Happy birthday, Liselyn!! Hope your day has been great. Wishing you lots of snowshoeing, many earned showers, and a nice bottle of 🍷. 🎉🎈😘🎂

Happy birthday, @jugar! I didn't realize it was your birthday, but I sure hope you had loads of fun! Wishing you many more! :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day yesterday - a big long snowshoe up in the woods, buying a bathing suit (YIKES! but it was actually fun), my son came up for dinner - a lovely and quiet day. :smiley:

So now I'm about to do tallies. Happy Sunday, everyone!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar it sounds like you had nice birthday. I've always wanted to try snowshoeing, but we do not have snow near me I would have to go to the mountains.

Sorry I have been absent. I haven't even been logging my food and I fear a gain tomorrow. But, my steps are good.

Mon 15,339
    Tues 14,770
    Wed 13,680
    Thurs 13,968
    Fri 13,309
    Sat 10,247
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Here is a fun thing that Team Shrinking Assets has been doing for a couple of days. I thought we might need a bit of quirky info about each other - you never know when it might come in handy!
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

1. I’ve also met my husband at an younger age. Met in 8th grade, dated at 17, went to our senior prom together, and married at 25!

2. Lived in Chattanooga,TN for 8 months due to my husband’s job, and boy do I miss those beautiful mountains!

3. I’m currently finishing up my degree in Respiratory therapy. I’ll be done this May 🥳

4. I studder badly when I talk lol it runs in the family. If I remember to slow down, I can usually control it.

5. I love chocolate chip cookies BUT I have to pick out ALL the chocolate chips because I really really hate them! LoL
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    PW: 157.5
    CW: 156

Once again, 3 days at 157 then the drop this morning.

Go, team, go!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am really LOVING the 5 Random Facts! @jugar thanks for sharing the idea. Keep them coming.

Many young brides. And only children and people with large families. So interesting to learn more about you all.

@mrs_jar5311 I also find myself chewing on the inside of my lips. I usually don’t realize I’m stressed until I catch myself doing it. It drives me crazy. And 100 grandchildren under 41!! Wowie 😮

@mrs_chivonne I don’t hate chocolate chips, but I always make a few at the end with no chips in them. 🙂

@conleywoods Wow! Your first degree at 17. How many do you have? I guess if your now mother in law was a colleague, you must get along well.

@evelynladams527 the cat and fillings cracked me up. My old dog used to lick himself right beside my bed all night (it felt like). It drove me nuts.

@evangsimmons170 I love that you are dating your ex and finding new, wonderful adventures together.

@jugar So interesting that you are deaf in one ear and a musician. My sister as well. She was a sing along piano player. (They called her the sing along queen.) If you could hum a few bars, she could play it. Just played chords with the left rather than read the actual left hand music. She had quite the following.
  • micki48
    Options
    Even though I only lost .1 this week, I see this week as a success. I managed to exercise, at least, ten minutes every day this week. Usually more. Habit here I come. I made it to the gym twice. I had my biggest stepping day since I started. Over 15,000. I stayed under my calories all but one day and logged everything.

So even though we don’t always see what we would like on the scale, there are many successes that don’t involve the scale. What are your non-scale victories (NSV) this week?
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

Previous weight - 175.8
    Current weight - 178.1

Sorry to have slipped into the red! Not a great weigh in, but i'll do better next week!
  • micki48
    Options
    STEPS:
    1/17 - 14294
    1/18 - 17420

Still missing Thursday for you, @fourathomej
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Saturday steps - 4865
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar it sounds like you had nice birthday. I've always wanted to try snowshoeing, but we do not have snow near me I would have to go to the mountains.

Sorry I have been absent. I haven't even been logging my food and I fear a gain tomorrow. But, my steps are good.

Mon 15,339
    Tues 14,770
    Wed 13,680
    Thurs 13,968
    Fri 13,309
    Sat 10,247

Great stepping!! That's a win for sure. :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 WINNERS
    fssag0bytq8g.jpg

p7cdvf8bxrm6.png

w83lwddox784.png

5s2w3ja5t83m.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.41%
    2nd Downsizers 0.38%
    3rd Weight No More 0.37%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.37%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 22.2 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 19.8 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 19.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @twyla77 2.79 %
    2nd @Freeglerock 2.70%
    3rd @kayla7303 2.56%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @DreaRN15 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @Freeglerock 5.3 Lbs
    3rd @kayla7303 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @corporatelawmom
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @LaurieWrobo
    @DreaRN15
    @conleywoods
    @SaraMakingChanges
    @apple852hk
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @deniners2

g1bzrr56b7zf.png

• micki48
    Options
    Steppers, I am still missing some steps.

@ddmiddleton2 - all week
    @offitgoes Thurs-Sat
    @KellyBgetsfit - Monday on
    @YinxFed - Wednesday on
    @Gidgitgoescrazy - Thursday on Just Sat
    @evangsimmons170 All week (I know you post all at once at the end of the week)
    @fourathomej - Thursday
    @cedarfoxy - Wednesday on
    @Steph1498 - Thursday on
    @mrsjar5311 - Monday (did I miss this?) Just Sat
    @evelynladams527 - Wednesday

If you only owe Saturday steps and were up to date I didn't tag you. Steps in asap today.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Steps
    Thurs10,008
    Fri 8,202
    Sat 5,080
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Here's my 5 things
    1. I also married young at 21
    2. I hate cabbage and beetroot, they make me gag
    3. I don't like animals (please don't hate me), I get nervous around them, too unpredictable.
    4. I speak 6 languages
    5. I am embarrassed to share the volume of food I can consume when I'm not tracking.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    nq8ktc41t8mn.jpeg
    Congratulations to Mission Slimpossibles for being the #1 Green Team on the spreadsheets this week!!

#1 Mission Slimpossibles 70.4% green
    #2 Weight No More 66.7%green
    #3 Trimstones 65.4% green
    #4 Downsizers 59.1% green
    #5 Shrinking Assets 56% green
    #6 WaistAways 47.05% green
This discussion has been closed.