Jumpstart January 2020 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1) No binging 💩I binged again this week, recorded every bite, started the clock over. I've had this problem since I was 12 though so I know it will take some time. No guilt whatsoever because I tracked it and got right back on track.

2) Exercise outdoors 💪 Hiked 5.5 miles up and down a mountain yesterday and it was great. Didn't feel challenged during but feeling wiped out the day after! Next week I will go up faster and higher.

3) Meal prep 💪 Today I am making a double batch of miso ginger chicken soup with lots of veggies and salmon with roasted sweet potatoes and sauteed kale. Cooking has been so much fun lately.

4) <1700 calories, <100g carbs & >130g protein, fasting between 8pm and 12pm. 💩My average for the week was ~2200, which is right at my TDEE and I've kept my protein up so not a total disaster this week

5) Shed “all or nothing” attitude and remain accountable 💪Doing so good at this!!

TBH I am starting to get tired of this cutting phase. It's been 7 weeks and I thought that by now I would be used to it and could go on autopilot but I am thinking about food constantly and have been binging every week. But also I've been cooking and eating healthier than ever and paying more attention to my destructive behaviors so I want to keep going and make those habits stick. Almost at the halfway point, I think I can push a little more and have a better week, then I'll reconvene.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am back up to our cottage, it’s very cold and we are getting quite a bit of snow. I was very disciplined when I did my grocery shopping, no convenient/easy food that I am tempted to binge on, an ugly old habit that threatened to come back over the holidays. If I can eat clean and controlled for a couple weeks I am confident I will be back to the good place I was in before the holidays. While I am grateful I didn’t gain much weight, having a few binges in a short period of time makes me very anxious. Definitely working to Jumpstart a healthy 2020, thank you for this forum!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good water consumption day but low on NEAT due to this miserable weather. Fasted for about 16 but snacked on nuts late in the day. Could have done without that but I’m still a work in progress. Didn’t eat great at lunch today due to going for Mexican but I don’t feel I overate. The scale should give some insight tomorrow.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 17 - 19:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day)
    Do the planned workouts every day
    Get 10K steps a day

I didn't track food this weekend, and I didn't work out since I was doing manual labor clearing the back yard at the beach...plus, we washed the house...so, lots and lots of activity, but no phone on me so no clue about steps...Saturday was all loading the dumpster from like 11-5 with about an hour break for lunch...Sunday was washing the siding from like 10 to maybe 1ish, I wasn't really watching the clock.
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Totally dropped the ball last week, but back on track today. Have my day all prelogged
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    So, looks like we forgot to check in here again the past few days. 😾 Luckily we've been tracking stuff, cos I can't even remember what we've been up to, lol. 😸 Like waking up from a 3-day bender, except we don't drink or take drugs. 😹

Jan 17:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ❌
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️◻️

Jan 18:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️◻️

Jan 19:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️◻️✅

We didn't close our diary on the 17th so I dunno if we logged everything or not. So I put a X on that cos its unknown. Pretty sure we didn't go over on carbs or calories, cos we've been super good about that. And getting workouts in every day, too!

Have a great day everyone! 😸
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in for Dec 16-19.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, going okay, don't think I'm going to make 5 pounds unless something drastic happens
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Good Friday and Sunday but Saturday a little over on goal
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Good!
    4. Exercise every day YES! I shoveled snow for over an hour on Saturday and was really hungry later in the day. I found some exercise Youtube videos from my TV. Turns out I'm not just a beginner but a "total beginner". I could not keep up to the first one.
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Good

I am hopeful for the rest of January to stay strong and see what happens.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Day 20
    Doing much better this week. Finally have my energy back. Drinking a good amount of water, logging most everything, eating within my macros, getting outside for fresh air, and remembering my strength training before bed. 👍 the scale has stayed around the same give or take a pound but it hasn’t been a month yet so I wouldn’t call it a plateau yet. Gonna keep up what I’m doing, as I know the scale will start moving again... I have periods of energy and periods of blah throughout the month. Does anyone else experience this? I’m currently up up up, lots of energy, staying very busy and can’t sleep good. Not sure if it’s my new way of living/eating or if it I’m bipolar or if it’s my thyroid disease. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 20:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

I did beans, rice, and chicken in the instant pot with some of the vegetable better than boullion...so good...pilates and yoga were also great...all in all a solid day!!!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 21:
    I started on January 1st, but didn't start logging in until a week or so ago.
    Sticking to a mix: Keto/Lowcarb/Lowsugar/Carnivore lifestyle. For my body- it does very well with protein & fats... which is good because bacon rules!
    I've have some goals in my head, just need to start logging everything to keep my progress on track.
    I have an 'Accountability Weigh-In' on Fridays at work. I'll check in here too, daily or weekly. Will post goals/habits next time... time to leave for work! B)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Jan 20
    on-plan cals: lower day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 1/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Just doing the stuff.
    Today is supposed to be strength but my knees are being rude, particularly the right one. So I guess we'll see how it goes. My knees HATE lunges so bad. :angry:
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @baconslave how do you track your NEAT? I love this goal, especially in the winter!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do about waking up dreaming of eating lasagna at our local Italian restaurant? or this morning, I woke up thinking about Pizza Hut sausage pizza with extra cheese. I haven't had either one, not even a taste for over 3 months. :/
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Dec 20.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31, going okay, don't think I'm going to make 5 pounds unless something drastic happens
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Eek!, didn't realize the food I made for supper last night had so many carbs
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Good!, still under calories
    4. Exercise every day YES! Still really hungry for some reason.
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Didn't do so good planning ahead since I was surprised about amount of carbs in the smoked sausage last night for supper.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @vkrenz - meat sauce or bolognese with lots of garlic and cheese is one of my go to meals. I use carrot noodles which are higher carb but zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or baking inside bell peppers are all options. It's easy to make a big batch and freeze.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Update January 21, 2020

Hitting water goal daily
    Hitting fiber goal almost every day. I think missed 3 days this month.
    Hitting exercise goal. So much easier now, that we are actully getting some cooler temps here in Florida.
    Staying under calorie/carbs daily. Staying good on fats and proteins easy, it is always the carbs that try to get sneaky.

Made a nice size batch of Chili today, added a bit of a twist I added 3 oz of chopped up fresh radishes to it. Came out tasty. Keeping half for this week, and the rest I batched up and into freezer in dinner/lunch portions.
    Logging food, weighing food every morsel.

Snacks done up in baggies for week. Keeps me out of trouble

Down 3.6 lbs for January, goal is to lose 5 lbs. Just keep going!

Starting as of Wednesday 1/1/2020

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I’ve felt more hungry and had strong urges to snack even though it hit when I wasn’t hungry. Yesterday I gave in to a few nuts but today have tried to distract myself. Today is the first day I didn’t fast for at least 16 hours but I won’t get too hung up there. Lost a smidge last week so at least weight is moving slowly down. The weather kept me inside all weekend so NEAT was much lower than normal but I’m back up for the last two days. Hang in there everyone!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We're still not able to get back here every day to check in. Yesterday was super-stressful with work stuff, and normally that kind of thing triggers us to want to eat. It didn't this time, and we wound up not eating at all till later than usual. Despite the other issues, we've managed ok for week 3.

Jan 20:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◻️✅

Jan 21:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️✅

We hope week 4 is good for everyone!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    amckholmes wrote: »
    @baconslave how do you track your NEAT? I love this goal, especially in the winter!

Well I have a Fitbit that fusses at me every hour to remind me if I haven't gotten at least 250 steps. Then I try to pay attention otherwise to how much I'm moving. I add in extra pacing, fidgeting, and taking extra trips to put things away just to move around. I stay on my feet when I'm up as long as I can. That sort of thing.

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 20:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

Had a lovely happy hour with the girls...so fun to catch up with everyone and there were a few new gals so I even got to make some new friends. Didn't workout, but I did some extra walking at the mall, so some activity level was achieved.
This discussion has been closed.