Who is racing this weekend?

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Finally time to jump back into this thread! Tryptophan Half Marathon, Thursday morning. Weather looks to be clearing in the northeast-of-Atlanta hills, should be low- to mid-40's and clear at gun time. Course is mostly flat along the Big Creek Greenway. Excited and nervous at the same time.

I can't be the only one earning my turkey on Thursday, am I?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    99clmsntgr wrote: »
    I can't be the only one earning my turkey on Thursday, am I?

Not sure how much turkey I'll earn but I'm running SMT Turkey Trot on Thursday (going easy with some friends) and Cocoa Bean 5K on Saturday (letting 'er rip and see what happens B) ).

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    No race for me this week. I'm still going to eat turkeys. And those turkeys will hopefully repair my tendon to be successful at my next marathon on Dec. 7 (St. Jude, Memphis).
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No race for me this week. I'm still going to eat turkeys. And those turkeys will hopefully repair my tendon to be successful at my next marathon on Dec. 7 (St. Jude, Memphis).

I did the St. Jude Half! Are you in Memphis?

I have Charleston coming up this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

@SchweddyGirl Not exactly in Memphis - I live in NW Tennessee near-ish Dyersburg.

Also, I will be at Charleston. And TBH I forgot about this thread and have done so many races without posting.

So... I have Charleston Marathon this weekend and Louisiana Marathon the next weekend. I'll try to remember to post my Feb. marathons closer, but will probably forget.
  • SchweddyGirl
    Options

@SchweddyGirl Not exactly in Memphis - I live in NW Tennessee near-ish Dyersburg.

Also, I will be at Charleston. And TBH I forgot about this thread and have done so many races without posting.

So... I have Charleston Marathon this weekend and Louisiana Marathon the next weekend. I'll try to remember to post my Feb. marathons closer, but will probably forget.

I don't have anything planned for February or March, but I will be in Hunstville in April. I may throw in a 5k in Feb or March just to get a fresh idea on my paces.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I don't have anything planned for February or March, but I will be in Hunstville in April. I may throw in a 5k in Feb or March just to get a fresh idea on my paces.

I PR'ed in Huntsville last month (Rocket City Marathon). I am not planning much that far out yet because I don't know when or where I move next for work, but will be sometime in 2020.

Are you in Memphis, then?
  • SchweddyGirl
    Options
    @T1CarnivorRunner Yes, I am down in Memphis.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Feb. marathons:
    2/9 - Donna Marathon - FL
    2/15 - Run Oak Island Marathon - NC

Mar. marathons:
    3/7 - Snickers Marathon - GA
    3/22 - Shamrock Marathon - VA
  • deraffemikey06
    deraffemikey06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anybody have any non-canceled marathons on the schedule?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Anybody have any non-canceled marathons on the schedule?

I have a HM in Sept.:
    Andrew Jackson half marathon - Jackson, TN

In Oct., now that Chicago cancelled and I deferred MCM + went virtual for 2020 MCM, I am just trying to figure out where to do the virtual.

Also, thinking about signing up for the Mainly Marathons Appalachian Series in Oct. and taking some vacation to do all 7 HM's. I don't need most of those states for marathons (except VA, where I have 2 now in 2021). So I figure I can knock out some HM's and join the 50 states HM club too.
  • deraffemikey06
    Options
    I totally agree with you I've had two of my marathons canceled in the past couple of days. Not surprising just getting the official announcement still kind of stings. I saw your post for mainly marathons and see they might have one coming up near me. I might have to look into it. Good luck on getting to all the states. Have you gotten Minnesota checked off your list yet?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I totally agree with you I've had two of my marathons canceled in the past couple of days. Not surprising just getting the official announcement still kind of stings. I saw your post for mainly marathons and see they might have one coming up near me. I might have to look into it. Good luck on getting to all the states. Have you gotten Minnesota checked off your list yet?

Yes, I did the 2019 Med City Marathon in Rochester, MN.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yes, so far Richmond looks like it will happen in November (they seem to be doing it right with the options). I also have 2 50k's that are still on (August 15 and September 13).
  • deraffemikey06
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner I ran the same race (full marathon). Good luck with the list.
  • deraffemikey06
    Options
    @dewd2 that's great news. Good luck!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner I ran the same race (full marathon). Good luck with the list.

Thanks! But Mainly Marathons shut off registration for the remaining 2020 races before I could get registered. It looks like they still might hold the Appalachian series yet, but just want to hold off on any new entrants until it gets closer and there is more certainty about it happening. I've booked hotels (refundable) already before I realized this. I'll keep those for now and cancel later if needed. I still have vacation time from work, so maybe will end up going to the Smokies during that time, I'm not sure. All this not knowing is annoying.
  • deraffemikey06
    Options

Thanks! But Mainly Marathons shut off registration for the remaining 2020 races before I could get registered. It looks like they still might hold the Appalachian series yet, but just want to hold off on any new entrants until it gets closer and there is more certainty about it happening. I've booked hotels (refundable) already before I realized this. I'll keep those for now and cancel later if needed. I still have vacation time from work, so maybe will end up going to the Smokies during that time, I'm not sure. All this not knowing is annoying.

@T1DCarnivoreRunner yeah I saw that yesterday. I don't think I'll sign up for any races the rest of the year. Totally unsure what I'll do for events that are 2021 yet. I feel like I should and shouldn't all at the same time. Really getting tired of "virtual" races.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

@T1DCarnivoreRunner yeah I saw that yesterday. I don't think I'll sign up for any races the rest of the year. Totally unsure what I'll do for events that are 2021 yet. I feel like I should and shouldn't all at the same time. Really getting tired of "virtual" races.

Sure - virtuals don't count for anything... the 50 states clubs, the maniacs/fanatics. I wouldn't normally do virtuals, but was signed up for the MCM marathon. When they cut the time limit, I was very nervous. But I wanted the special medal for this year. So I deferred and will run 2020 MCM virtually because I want that special medal.

Part of my challenge is that I moved to TN for work with the original plan to be here for about a year before transferring to the next location. So I figured I would run marathons in all the states in the southeast. I pretty much did that with several months to spare. So I decided to run half marathons in all the southeast states. I got 1 done before everything cancelled. My year was in June, but that is extended for now... not sure how long exaclty, but would still like to do some real half marathons and/or 25K trail races to be able to count some states with less travel than would be needed after moving again.