Monica's OMAD Journal

Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Good morning
    thoughts of today

sticking to Omad : today green beans, coquelet chicken one half and coleslaw salad,some blueberries
    keep the gratitude journal
    making easy things at work , I will be in the afternoon shift this week
    mum was feeling ill , the flu got her,so we have not gone shopping and I need to take some meds for her and to buy some milk

have a wonderful week !

• Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Yay, Monica! You're doing great!

Hope your mum gets better soon.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YOu are doing awesome!!!!!
  • pessxx
    thanks, she has a bad cough but she feels a little better

Goals for today
    Succeed with some job work which means research, my boss gave me a theme yesterday and I need to answer till tomorrow with a plan, at our meeting
    Omad - same coquelet chicken with sauteed green beans and blueberries
    Write my gratitude journal
    Enjoy my loss : 2 kilos since I restarted Omad
    Stay away from flu people ,but also from toxic people, I mean toxic like thinking, it seems that the world is full of them, lucky me that I am alone in the office and I can enjoy the peace sometimes
    Have a good and calm day!

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Sending over quick healing vibes to your Mom ❤️ Congratulations on your 2lbs loss👍 Keep up the good work 👍❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hi Monica and welcome back! Sorry I've been MIA but just caught up and sounds like you're successfully back on the bandwagon! We welcome you back with open arms <3
  • pessxx
    Thanks , my mum is better
    Thank you Mistymeadow!

Well I had today a bad day, head aches, sensation of vomiting, I was tired all day
    The meeting with my boss went exceptionally well so at least this was good
    Today meal some chicken and sauteed spinach and grilled cheese toast
    I hope tomorrow will be better
    Hugs <3
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you are feeling better!
  • Morena_2020
    Ohhh... that doesn’t sound good. Hope it’s just a 24-hour thing and you can get back to attacking life with gusto soon.
  • pessxx
    A better day today I hope!thanks for you thinking of me <3
    So thoughts of today
    My Omad will be grilled toast cheese , fried perch with red pepper salad and a protein cake with strawberry yogurt, my husband prepares the perch for this evening as he is not working today
    No meetings, no tasks today so basically a normal day at my job
    I have to go to pay some invoices and house bills after work
    Then I go to visit mum , she lives very near my home, hopefully she is even better than yesterday
    Then dealing with my stress in order to get more Equilibrium and I thing that's all

Have a nice day you all!! <3
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better <3 Hope your Mom is getting better too <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2020
    Congrats on losing 4 plus pounds so far :)

I agree with you about staying away from toxic people, its stressful and hurts the losing weight process. KUTGW I hope you and your mom are feeling better soon <3
  • pessxx
    today thoughts
    Well we are better, mum is recovered and also I am feeling better
    Sad and blue these days, at work there was the evaluation time of the year
    So marks were give by my manager, by my colleagues and myself - auto-evaluation
    The maximum was 5 as mark, I took 4.87 from my colleagues , 4.33 from my manager and 4.44 was the average for myself
    So I was under evaluated in the eyes of my colleagues , but over evaluated in my boss eyes
    I took not so good marks from my boss at 3 points
    managing the stress situations - true
    managing conflicts - true
    and finding the most efficient solutions - here It is true that my boss always find the best solutions, but I am not so bad myself, so I felt I did not deserve the mark
    So I was a little sad as almost all of my colleagues took more than 4.5 as average from their boss
    But life goes on, I will have to try to manage better with difficult situations

Today Omad - turkey patties and sour cream and pickles
    Preparing a meeting for tomorrow - have to read some documents
    And hoping it will be a good day! <3
  • Morena_2020
    I am sorry, Monica! I don’t think these evaluations are always fair or useful, and they are definitely not impossible to manipulate.

By way of a reframe, is it possible to ask for a 1:1 with your manager and get some constructive feedback, and then hopefully some professional development?
  • jadepearl
    So sorry to hear that ❤️❤️❤️
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry to hear that.....eval time is never fun.......
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I agree with Morena on requesting a sit down with your manager. In the military we have feedback sessions after our evaluations so that our supervisor can tell us what we can improve on or what they are looking for so that we know what to work on.

I too think that sometimes the evaluation system is skewed because the higher ups sometimes don't want everyone to get the highest marks so the supervisors have to mark some people down just for the numbers sake. Just continue to do the best you can and hopefully it will reflect on your next evaluation.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Agreed!!! Evals like that that are numbers based, I find useless, inaccurate, stressful, bad for morale, and just in general DEMOTIVATING and DESTRUCTIVE - yet another reason I'm so glad I don't work for anyone else anymore - so sorry you're dealing with that love, dont let it get to you!!!
  • pessxx
    Well, yes, I discussed with my boss how found normally that he gives me so ans so marks, he said this is constructive and it is not good to put a very good mark when you're still struggling sometimes, he remeber to me last year I had so and so marks at communication and that I improved a lot
    So we talked and found some ways of improving also this year and overpass this moment

So I am good

Surrounded by flu people, including my husband, but I still resist :)

Today Omad : roasted chicken breast with a lot of garlic and pepper and some pickled cucumbers and sour cream sauce
    A lot of tasks at the office but I will manage

Have a nice day Omad' ers and thank you for yr support!! <3
  • Morena_2020
    Ohhh that’s awesome! Well done for being proactive with it. If that was your performance last year then this year will be a great year for you too.

Keep up the garlic! It’s good for vampires and the flu!