WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @hope002 Wow! Impressive! Thanks for sharing! Is that at your house?

yes, I also have a good treadmill, so I don't need to go to the gym :)

I am going on vacation tomorrow, will be back next Tuesday. Please use my previous weight for Friday.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    02/24 steps 14031
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    JillyBT
    Week 4
    PW 160
    CW 159

I was sick with a cold all weekend and had to take my husband for his colonoscopy today. I have mine scheduled for Thursday. Hoping I don’t have to reschedule because it took 3 months to get this appointment. Between the broken toe, sore throat and possible colonoscopy, no exercise for me. Really depressing, the exercise helps me cope with my parents. Looking at the positive side... being sick and prepping for a colonoscopy... I should loose weight this week!

@Cafelelia I love the hockey story! My son played baseball and many of his friends are collegiate athletes. So my husband and I get excited when we see an aspiring athlete get an opportunity like that and excel. So fun to watch in any sport! Being from California I have not been that knowledgeable about Hockey but now that our son goes to UMASS Amherst we watch college hockey. The frozen 4 got us into it last year.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Phoebe112476
    Week 4?
    PW: 153.0
    CW: 152.6
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Check in: Monday
    Food: Pre-Logged but was overly hungry so had an afternoon snack of a handful of cashews, hard boiled egg and 1 mandarin. Otherwise, on track
    Water: Good, lost track
    Exercise & steps: 90 minute yoga class; 6,251 steps

Good day yesterday. We got a little snow Sunday night but not enough to prevent me from getting out to my yoga class. Came home then took Gauge to the vet for his laser therapy. Made butternut squash ravioli (not homemade LOL) with homemade cauliflower alfredo sauce... so yummy. I lost track of how much water I drank but I'm mindful to up it on yoga days. I even remembered to set my IF app last night. There are definitely ebbs and flows in my level of motivation but feeling pretty good right now and ready to power through these next 8 - 10 pounds to reach goal. The mild weather and sunshine probably helps.
    Nowhere I have to be today for the first time in a while. Waiting for my fast to end so I think I'll do my JessicaSmithTV strength training video before eating and may take the dogs for a walk later depending on how Gauge feels.

Today is going to be a rest and recharge day. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Just wanted to check in with you all. Hope everyone is having a great day!!

@rundgrenrocks I really think it is important that we have balance. I like that you had the treat but actually enjoyed it. I tend to gobble and then its gone before I even got a chance to enjoy it. I remember a year or so back you went on vacation with your family. I want to say a cabin or something wintery. You were saying how you enjoyed mostly everything the others had but you portioned it out and savored everything. That is what I am working towards. BTW- I have so many questions for you lol! What are wall walks? Also you have mentioned that you are focusing on exercises that help you..I knew I wasn't going to be able to phrase it like you did. In real life, like getting up off the floor. I am actually interested in that too. Do you have a web site you use? I also have to work on getting up from a chair. I can get up with no problem but with the hip issue, I didn't realize how much I was using my arms to push up. I can tell my legs need to more strength. Also, I am not sure with eating to scale, I know I use on track just if I am where I should be with my food plan.
    @starcrystal3 Not a bad weigh in, hope all is well.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Hope you get some answers at the psychiatrist today.
    @hope002 Have fun on your vacation! We will use this weight for next week. Another question, what is the red piece of equipment you have there. It is like a big open box. Lol! I know at the trainer we would hang off of it and do these leg pull up things for abs. I actually liked doing them because I didn't get dizzy. I would love to get one for my basement but don't know what it is called or even if it would fit.
    @brown6267 Fab!!
    @JillyBT Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon. Colonoscopies are no fun but at least you will get it over with. I know you like your exercise but focus on your health and getting through the week. Hugs!
    @phoebe112476 Another good weigh in!
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Enjoy your rest and recharge day, we all need those!
    @Cafelelia I meant to also mention to you that I had heard on one of the podcasts that you should plan that what your drinking is leaving you in about an hour. I am not sure if that is necessarily true but may help you plan around your schedule. That is the biggest issue for me with drinking lol!
  • sleepymom5
    Today's Leaping-Groundhog challenge

Day 24 - February 25th. Cardio. Functional training. HIIT (high intensity interval training). Mindful yoga. Tabata. Circuit. Strength training. NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis), sports, hiking, dog walking. Exercise in all its forms – what works for you? What have you never tried? What questions do you have? What do you love? What do you hate?
    e2sw4nx9m9lo.png

The link- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • @Cafelelia I wish it was muscle going on but sadly it doesn't work that way. Apart from "newbie gains" (which I am not) muscle is incredibly hard to build. It takes months of dedicated exercise as well as eating at a calorie surplus to build muscle. The body can't build muscle from nothing. And even after months of heavy lifting and eating surplus, the scale might move a half pound. Shape will change as fat shreds and muscle becomes more visible, but the point of weight lifting or working muscles while eating a deficit is to prevent the body cannibalizing muscle for energy along with the fat. I lifted a lot when I was a Personal Trainer and my muscles got very visible, but that was through fat loss.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 97 Member
    @sleepymom5 Pam, Legs Up The Wall is just a yoga pose that stretches the back. I had stopped doing it when we got wood floors last year but I had a duh moment the other day that I could unroll a yoga mat to lie on! It’s easy but hard to describe — I think if you google it you’ll see a picture. It kills for a minute or two and then feels great.
    This month I focused on squatting, and making extra trips up and down the stairs. Not from a website or anything, just from thinking what I’d like to get better at doing, exactly like you realizing you need more leg strength. I literally want to move to a one story house because I hate going down stairs so much—probably because I fell down stairs and broke my leg ten years ago, and I worry about doing it again sometimes. Since hubby is not interested in moving, I’m trying to have a better attitude about staying here and stairs are just part of life in this house. The squatting helps me with things like feeding the dogs—I’m trying to squat instead of bending over sometimes.
  • sleepymom5
    Mon 2/25 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk, PT, Stretching and strength

Another good day! I am struggling with urges but think of the ball in the sand and not reinforcing bad habits and I have been able to keep them at bay. How is everyone else doing? Am I the only one who can't believe it is going to be March soon?

@rundgrenrocks Thank you, I am going to try that yoga pose. I am trying with stairs and squats but I haven't squatted down when I am doing things. Maybe I should try that too. I just know I am going to have a hard time...more of a reason to do it if I want to be able to do these things again.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I am sorry to hear you are going through so much. I hope you get some answers.
    @1theresamcvean That is a lot to have going on. Hugs! Hope that things get better soon. We miss you. You did miss week 3 weigh in, would you like to change your weigh in day to Tuesday or would you like to stay weighing in on Friday?
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    User ID: amsandos
    Week Number: 4
    Previous weight: 157
    Current weight: 158

It is the day after pancake day! However o have not been tracking frustrated by my pack of internet I haven't been on mpg. Sorting it out is going to be a whole thing. I need to make time.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Wednesday weigh in
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 145
    CW 146

Gonna give TOM credit for the gain, but yesterday was also Mardi Gras.

We're giving up alcohol and sugar for Lent and also trying to walk 3x a week together.

The sugar part will be difficult for me because I love flavored creamer in my coffee. Just bought some chai tea, and I'm going to make a coconut and cinnamon sweetener as well.

Hope everyone gets over the midweek hump!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    02/25 steps 8097
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Tuesday check in

Really busy day yesterday and more unexpected stuff, but I did well with eating, followed my plan & hunger scale, had 2.4 litres of water and went for a run (cut short .5 km by the water!). I am focusing sticking to these daily goals not matter what comes up in the day. I am very happy that the 64 oz plus of daily water is on its way to becoming a new habit. I have always found it so challenging. My leg is feeling good and I signed up for a 5 km race in early June. I can run 5 km now, but slowly and with breaks. I hope to be a little faster by June and my training is set to be very gradual. I can always walk the race, but my goal is to have fun and finish, with no particular pace targetted. It has been a while since I had a race to look forward to, so I am excited!

@freeglerock - We are so happy that you are back! I am so sorry about your brother and the tough time that you have been going through. This journey is not linear for most of us and we are here to support you! If you are having a tough moment or day, you can share here as much as you are comfortable. Very impressive that you have stopped smoking! Welcome back and big hug!

@brown6267 - Great steps!

GingerPwr - Ugh, TOM. You have been doing great through this month and stay the course! Very impressive that you are giving up both alcohol and sugar for Lent. For lent, I am going to set aside 10 minutes per day for a prayer/meditation. I have a little yoga space in my home office and my intention is to go there each for 10 minutes, regardless of how busy it gets.

@amsandos - Just a little gain. Hope you enjoyed the pancakes though!

@sleepymom5 - Great day yesterday and yes, I also cannot believe it is almost March! I love that furry scale btw & want to get one!

@1theresamcvean - Good to hear form you! It is very good that you mother got into a nursing home and it must have been so difficult for her and everyone with all of her health issues. I understand that the home is further from you, but at least it is close to your sister. Totally understand the late night eating during this stressful time. We are here for you. When you have that urge to eat at night, feel free to post here before, during or after you do it, if you are comfortable doing so. It can help to talk about it and many of us have been (or are) there. Sending a big hug to you!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Keep up your research and inquiries with your doctor and counsellor. It is tough, but try to advocate for yourself as best as possible and speaking to your family can help to. I really hope that you can get this all sorted soon.

@rundgrenrocks - Thanks for the yoga tip! I am focusing on squats this month too!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I saw some more impressive numbers on your feed with your cycling, congrats!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Daily Check In: Tuesday
    Food: pre-logged, ate as planned
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: JessicaSmithTV 30 minute strength training circuits; 6,266 steps

Good day with food and water. Spent a few minutes shoveling some snow I didn't get to on Monday. Caught up on a couple GH episodes. Feeling good but should not have stepped on the scale this morning as I'm up over 1 pound from yesterday. I know it can be any number of things besides my eating but it took the wind out of my sails. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I'll just have to wait and see. Food for today is pre-logged. My neighbor asked if I could drive her to a doctor's appt on Thursday... I suspect that will take up a large portion of my day. Oh well... so I need to get a few things done today.
This discussion has been closed.