TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Setting up and breaking down for work conference, 1 hour total
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Part of the reason I didn't meet my calorie budget for the day. Mimosas at the work conference. Whoopsie!!
    vdevpatymoa8.jpg
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Here is a history of my weight. This is more like a note to self so I remember these dates and events later:

*Until 2005 (age 34) I didnt have a real weight issue. I was always in the 115-125 range and 20% fat.

*I moved to the USA in 2005 and went up to 145 in the next 3 years. Bigger portion sizes and lack of physical activity are to blame. 100% my fault.

* I was 162 lbs in 2008 (age 37) at full term pregnancy. I had a complicated pregnancy, on bed rest for 18 weeks, and gestational diabetes managed with metformin. 7% chance of carrying the baby to term. But I did it!

*I lost some and then gained some, and finally got stabilized at 135-140 by 2011.

* daily and extreme stress gradually became became part of my life starting in 2011(age 40); my weight crept up to 194 by 2018 (age 47)!

*At 194lbs, I was diagnosed with diabetes (A1C 7.5) I reversed it in 7 months with nutrition and 37lbs weight loss. I was down to 157lbs, A1C was down to 5.5, as of October 2018.

* I gained back 24lbs in the next 9 months, and I'm stuck here since July 2019. I'm sure my A1C is over 6.5 again, wont check it until March but my fasting sugars have been in the 130-140 range😔🙁

I'm frustrated.

Over and out.

I am so sorry--this is hard. I know that feeling like you're not in control of your body and choices can really weigh on you. I am going to recommend some books that have inspired and helped me.
    Dr. Sara Gottfried's book were inspiring to me, mainly knowing I was not alone in all the hormone craziness. She has LOTS of ideas, some fairly drastic that wouldn't work for me (grain free, for example) but my #1 take away was to dramatically reduce sugar; I rarely eat it and only then very little.
    Habits books:
    Better than Before, Gretchen Rubin and Atomic Habits, James Clear-these are about rethinking your routines and systems to set yourself up to be successful.
    Finally, I really only eat between 6am and 6pm. (Obviously, there are exceptions: nights out, etc...) this is my #1 thing--I eat plenty all day, and then not after dinner. This helps a TON. Let me know if you want to talk more...it's SO hard! I totally understand.

Thank you so much...
    I'll check the books. I love to read! And I love different styles and topics.

I know where and when I'm heading in the right or wrong direction. I just feel like I dont have any energy to change anything. Maybe I need more accountability.

I am working out to old Gilad videos recently😊 He was my fitness hero for 2 decades. It is fun to do the old school workout programs with old school workout music. But, boy, do I feel every muscle in my body ache! I forgot how challenging his so-easy-looking programs were!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Here is a history of my weight. This is more like a note to self so I remember these dates and events later:

I'm frustrated.

Over and out.

I am so sorry--this is hard. I know that feeling like you're not in control of your body and choices can really weigh on you. I am going to recommend some books that have inspired and helped me.
    Dr. Sara Gottfried's book were inspiring to me, mainly knowing I was not alone in all the hormone craziness. She has LOTS of ideas, some fairly drastic that wouldn't work for me (grain free, for example) but my #1 take away was to dramatically reduce sugar; I rarely eat it and only then very little.
    Habits books:
    Better than Before, Gretchen Rubin and Atomic Habits, James Clear-these are about rethinking your routines and systems to set yourself up to be successful.
    Finally, I really only eat between 6am and 6pm. (Obviously, there are exceptions: nights out, etc...) this is my #1 thing--I eat plenty all day, and then not after dinner. This helps a TON. Let me know if you want to talk more...it's SO hard! I totally understand.
    @metubal. The suggestions from @Keepingtrack1234 are spot on.

The top recommendations are:
    1. Reduce nett carbohydrates (sugar, processes carbs with reduced fibre, etc..) as this will reduce the incoming blood sugars. (Atkins, Keto and low carb diets are good for this).
    2. Some sort of intermittent fasting (like 12 hours of not eating, or 16:8 or 5:2) as this gives the body time to lower insulin levels and restore some insulin sensitivity to the cells.

If you get control of the blood sugars to no longer need metformin or insulin, then the weight will usually follow.

Needless to say stress reduction will help, but this is often harder to manage.

Breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day. This is a "Kellogs" slogan to sell more cereal that has become part of the common misinformation. If you don't "feel" like eating breakfast, don't.

The thing that helped me the most was to not eat between meals (only water or black unsweetened tea). Second thing that helped was a largely gluten free diet (I felt much better when I didn't have foods with gluten).

Lastly, make good habits and let your habits make you. It's hard to build good habits. Takes a lot of work. But well worth the effort. Habits are formed by doing the same actions repeatedly, daily, over many months, so they become automatic and almost sub-conscious.

@metubal. I appreciate how frustrating managing weight can be, but you can do this.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes-run/walk
    Track everything? Yes
    Stayed under? Yep
    I weigh in tomorrow and I’m hopeful I see results..it’s been a good week.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    February 26, Week 4
    LW: 141.1 (64.0 kg)
    CW: 140.9 (63.9 kg)

Small loss, not as much as recorded over weekend. Started medication this week which is making me very tired (but also not feeling much like eating). Hopefully as my body adapts the fatigue will subside.

Disappointed that I could not maintain momentum that was at the start of the month. However, celebrating (valentine/anniversary) with my amazing wife and helping both my daughter and myself became more important.

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Setting up and breaking down for work conference, 1 hour total

Part of the reason I didn't meet my calorie budget for the day. Mimosas at the work conference. Whoopsie!!
    vdevpatymoa8.jpg

a mimosa is literally ALWAYS WORTH IT!!! cheers!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@Keepingtrack1234.
    @looneycatblue.
    @33sandy1223.
    @abigail659.
    @audreypawdrey.
    @BB_1033.
    @lacatgirl.
    @Metubal.
    @Kenyaa3.
    @tuddy315.
    @craigo3154.
    @GLouis4.
    @inshapeCK.
    @Tickie99.
    @Colleen790.
    @flourchild225.
    @Kaj848.
    @fe452436.
    @MayaVDM.
    @zengen09.
    @allietuge.
    @BonnieHosk85.
    @Kiadams317750.
    @Matthewsfive.

This is the last week of the February Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the March Challenge.

The March challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gurbusters (March) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786501/team-gutbusters-march#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • Keepingtrack1234
    edited February 2020
    Options
    THURSDAY:
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @Colleen79
    @flourchild225
    @Kaj848
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 4
    PW:
    CW:
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Feb 27
    Calories: over a little
    Tracked: in my mind. this doesn't really work well
    Exercise: no but it was a busy day. I did 8k steps and a lot of house chores.

Today we're flying again for my son's medical appts. The whole trip will be 36 hours. I'll be back home on friday evening. Easy!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Safe travels, @metubal. Hope everything works out. :heart:
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen 790
    February week 4
    PW 168.2
    CW 168.4
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    February Week 4
    PW:161.8
    CW: 162.8

Im suprised. I had a good week and thought weight would be down for sure.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Feb 27
    Exercised? Yes a lot of leisurely walking
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Feb 27
    I feel my body fighting something...this winter has been a LOT of me fighting illnesses. thankfully, I haven't been really sick, but the fighting is hard. I am tired and I get HUNGRY-like, so hungry. you can see I overate today, but it's like I have no choice! :)
    Exercised? 20 minute walk at lunch
    Calories? No
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

@Keepingtrack1234, feel better! :heart:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @fe45243
    @keepingtrack1234
    @mayaVDM
    @zengen09
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 4
    PW:
    CW:
  • zengen09
    zengen09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    zengen09
    February Week 4
    PW: 231.7
    CW: 231.8
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM
    February Week 4
    PW: 172.5
    CW: 171.8
    Careful eating but again a yo-yo week.
    Ups and downs 🤷‍♀️

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 5 minutes (getting sick, ugh!)
This discussion has been closed.