Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Spring it forward photo challenge

qbovqnzs7uj0.jpg

Thirsty Thursday - Water, water, water
    Show or tell us us how you drink your daily water!
    You can post here, on the link or both!

Here is the link-
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 3/4 check in
    Food: on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 15 minute speed intervals on the treadmill, 30 minute very intense session with my trainer and 30 minute walk with my walking group

I stayed for OT today and they've already told us to expect to work Friday night, it's 3rd shift's weekend so I'm not really surprised. The OT will be nice but I"ll end up sleeping most of my weekend away.

I did pretty well on the treadmill. I try to do 20 to 30 second sprints, which really aren't very fast for an actual runner, but for me it is. I know several runners at the gym, I would never be able to keep up with them.

My trainer worked me really hard today. He varies each workout with some being harder than others. Some are hard and some are harder and some are very hard.🤣 After my session I laid on the hydro massage bed and then went to my walking group. The dietitian's lesson this week was on being positive and doing some random acts of kindness. The positive part is something I needed to hear this week.

After the walk I went home to eat and then took a nap before work.

I'm really behind on reading and responding to all the posts. Hopefully I can catch up with them soon.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been off work today with nerve pain/eye pain/migraine, it all kind of rolls into one. I've been asleep a lot. I don't get too many bad days and this isn't bad compared to what it used to be, but enough to bother me. No exercise, but food is on track. I just dug out a "Workout Wednesday" photo from a few months back that sums it up for me. That's me lifting weights, because I do what I can, when I can.

ek0u10qh020y.jpg
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @amsandos I was going to recommend same as sleepymom5 - maybe a higher protein lunch or going for a brisk walk when you feel the slump coming. I find a quick walk outside tends to wake me up a bit. If you can't get out for a walk, put some high energy music on (even better if you can have a little bop to it!)
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx love the photo - beautiful tattoo, let's make those stories great ones!
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    Steps 04/03 8,548
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx beautiful tattoo! Are you a fellow Whovian?

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/04 steps 13227
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Rundgrenrocks
    Week 1
    PW 223
    CW 223

I’ll chalk it up as a win because we got Chinese food on Sunday and I made two other meals with the leftovers, so I imagine I’m holding on to a lot of salt!
    My water strategies are that I try to keep a glass or bottle everywhere (kitchen, car, upstairs), and sometimes I like to flavor it with an orange peel, cinnamon stick, cucumber slice, or apple cider vinegar (weirdly good). I’m on a water pill for BP so I’m constantly in the bathroom!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Yesterday was a good one. I followed my plan, got all of my water and went for a run. It is a strike day today so while we don’t have a teen invasion, we are having a best friend invasion as both boys have their best friends over for the day. It is along day and I am a bit run off my feet already. I will try to post later and catch up with everyone. Hope that you all have a great day!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    bruzgzlmsvek.jpg

This is how I get my water in. It may not be for everyone as I don't like my water too cold. That glass holds 16 oz. In the morning I drink 8-16 oz right away, then I have 8 between my two cups of coffee. I leave it out and I take sips though out the day. I also bring a to go cup with me when I go out. I also drink a lot when I am working out. I don't add anything to it but occasionally it is a nice treat. Water is one thing I have no problem with. It wasn't always like that though. I used to hate drinking water but slowly came around to it.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Just walked close to 2 hours! Had 2 dog jobs with 3 doggy's! One of them I had to walk. My knees ached pretty bad when I began then they let up some, but then my thighs got tight and felt like jello! Does anyone know of a good OTC joint med?!

I could quit pet sitting and dog walking...But there's many reasons to keep doing it. I get exercise and will get healthy, in shape and continue to lose weight. I get paid, and I get to see lots of animals which I love. So is it worth it to keep doing it?!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 1
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 153.4
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@GingerPwr thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, it is exactly that feeling of 'what's the point, why bother' but am trying to push through! Congrats on the weight loss :)
    @sleepymom5 it was just one meal but soooooo many calories lol! Thanks so much for the support though, am feeling more positive today. Your doggie family is adorable.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx your tattoo is gorgeous :) I have a necklace with that exact quote on - big Doctor Who fan here.

So, feeling a bit more positive today. Within my calories and have just been to a new Bodybalance class - it's a mix of yoga, pilates and tai chi with a wee 5 mins mediation at the end. I did quite enjoy it, have a feeling I'm going to have some aches tomorrow but figure it's good to throw a more 'toning up' class in with the cardio. My 2 week reduced gym membership ends tomorrow though so not sure what the plan is then. I'm waiting on a referral from my doctors to possibly get subsidised fees but until that comes through I'm not sure if I can afford the full price - might be Youtube vids for a bit!
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    @sleepymom5 sorry they were for 4th March (think this side of the pond we do the day/month different to you!)
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This is probably a really weird and stupid question, but I gotta ask...

When you lose weight and you actually become slim and fit, does it hurt? I've always had this big ol' belly and I feel like once it's gone, it'll feel like...Tight, stretched and painful or something, lol. Idk why I'm thinking about this, or why I think it will hurt, but it just came to mind for some reason!
This discussion has been closed.