3/4:11,731
    3/5:16,687
    3/6:10,771
    3/7:13,155
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy International Women's Day, Team!

So yesterday was an eventful family day - we were planning on going to Nigeria for a fortnight in May to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday, but Covid-19 is there now, and we don't want Mum out there as she's in the high risk group. She's tough as old boots, and lives independently in London, so we'd rather that she stayed safe and just check up on her from here!

Even though I have a very eventful 2020, with 4 family weddings, I want to replace my June slot with something else - I'm tempted to do a 5k or 10k walk for MS as I'm a sufferer. What do you think? Might be able to combine it with city break with my beloved.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    And here are my numbers:

PW: 176.2
    CW: 177.3

Steps for the week
    01/03 - 3666
    02/03 - 6483
    03/03 - 4520
    04/03 - 6266
    05/03 - 4740
    06/03 - 6137
    07/03 - 2671

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    PW: 146
    CW: 153

I apologize for bringing the team down.

That all happened in the past 2 days. I weighed 146 Friday a.m. I know a lot of it is water/sodium because I had a lot of water & a big bowl of soup yesterday, but hardly went to the restroom afterward.

I still feel fabulous in my better body, so I hope to be back on track next Sunday.

I did my first HIIT class on Friday, and I could tell it would hurt afterward. Sure enough, I felt my butt & thighs like crazy that night. Yesterday a.m. I did a faster 6 miles with my niece. My thighs were on FIRE last night!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps- Have I posted at this week? I'm going to post them all, just in case.

Sun-17,737
    Mon - 11,780
    Tues- 13,430
    Wed- 12,887
    Thurs- 9,953
    Fri- 16,421
    Sat- 6,409
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I had such high hopes for March, but as the first week has ended, I know I did not pit in enough effort. On Fri, I had a great weigh in, but, my weigh in day is tomorrow and it was higher today.

March Goals
    1. Check in here 5 days a week (I need to take advantage of the amazing support)
    2. Log my food (I hate this for so many reasons)
    3. Walk 4 nights a week and workout 4 days
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think I'll weight again tonight to see if I can pull a less bad number... 😁
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SUNDAY STEPPERS!

Thanks for the steps. Here's what I'm missing...

@KellyBgetsfit Mon-Sat (Hope is well with you. Haven't seen you post in a couple days.)
    @evangsimmons170 Tues-Sat
    @Shexio Wed, Fri, Sat
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Sat

@Gidgitgoescrazy How are you feeling? Any better? Hope so. That sinus infection sounds awful.

@lovethyneighbor Great job on you race! It looked like a great day. That's one thing I haven't done yet.

@evelynladams527 - Scary with the Covid19 I have a feeling there will be quite a few disruptions to our lives for a while. How exciting, yet sad to have your spouse learn something new, but far away. I'm not sure I would know what to do. Good luck figuring it out.
    @YinxFed Your little workout buddy is adorable. My cat is all over me when I exercise. I'm not so sure she's a buddy, but rather, thinks something is wrong. She looks worried. My favorite part is when she gets her tail in my face (sarcasm), Good idea to keep your mom out of areas with known Covid19, especially as a high risk person. We have a trip planned for the end of May. I'm going with @AmyRobF . Not sure how that will play out. It seems like it would be find, but who knows how this will go. I know they have cases there, but nothing like Italy.

@Terytha Waking up with cuts and scratches? What the heck indeed!! Have you check your or hubby's nails lately? Do you have pets? Or maybe you were abducted. ;)

I did get to the gym yesterday. Had the whole place to myself. It was a good, quick workout. Went out to listen to jazz last night and went over my calories because I treated myself to a few glasses of wine. First I've had in a long while. It's suppose to be in the 60s all week, so hopefully I'll get some walks in with the little girl. But I want to do 3 cardio workouts. I will have to plan them in, like you Vikki.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. <3
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ddmiddleton2:

PW 198.2
    CW 199

Sorry for not posting this last night. It was a busy day of working out, running errands, working outside sanding my quilt rack that I am building and making homemade Chinese food. I got up today and rode my stationary bike for 50 minutes. Sis’s song- Unstoppable got me through the second half of my workout. I strongly recommend you guys listen to it. Hope you’re feeling great this week!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Ok @jugar no working scale here.. so no weigh in today or next week ..
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @micki48 did you see my steps above your post?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    yrbvxbq7yzha.jpg
    cd938luc0eqw.png
    eje3skpnva9q.png
    1jtmgz8c142k.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.62%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.38%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.11%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 28.8 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 19.5 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 4.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @kirsten11872 4.77 %
    2nd @ErinBEW 4.59%
    3rd @Vegan4lyfe2012 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @kirsten11872 8.7 Lbs
    2nd @ErinBEW 7.2 Lbs
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @Beka3695

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gharvey2753
    @Freeglerock
    @podperson1
    @Jactop
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @kilobykilo
    @deniners2
    @charlottemilton

49dilp82dk1j.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2kuq3itt4oza.jpeg

1. Weight No More 64.0%
    2. Shrinking Assets 60.0%
    3. Trimstones 54.2%
    4. Mission Slimpossibles 52.4%
    5. Downsizers 52.2%
    6. Waist Aways 34.6%

Congratulations WEIGHT NO MORE!!!!!
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Congratulations Team Weight No More on your success this week!

And although I am thrilled to have placed second in the team's top 3 losers last week, I feel bad for straying into the red today.

Nevertheless, go Team!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/7 = 8898
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    Well! Sunday is flying along. It is my dad's 92nd birthday today (as well as my sister's @evelynladams527 , of course!) and he sounded great on the phone. I'll get down to see him later in the month, COVID-19 willing, and we'll celebrate for real then. But it is a beautiful sunny afternoon, and I'm getting outside asap!

I am enjoying everyone's news, though. There are renewed commitments, admissions that getting in here as close to every day as possible is a good thing, thighs on fire, plans for 5k and 10k events, great photos, and the hatred of logging. I am glad that @deniners2 posted about feeling great in spite of a weight gain (it's the thighs on fire thing...), and I am going to find Sis's Song and give it a try on the bike. Thanks for the recommendation, @ddmiddleton2 ! Don't worry about submitting your weight a bit late. But don't do it again! :wink:

I brought our vague and slightly chaotic idea of finding a way to celebrate the steady, slow losers as well as the high roller losers to the moderators. Some wonderful discussion ensued, and I think we're going to give it a try. I'm going to work on a formula that would go on the spreadsheets to track green weeks. There are 3 possibilities, so here is my question to you all. Which do you prefer? (Each person would get a numerical score at the end of each month, and there would be a running tally from month to month as well.)
    1. Add up only green weeks and everyone gets a running total even if there are black or red weeks in between.
    2. Add up only green weeks, and as soon as there is a black or a red, it all goes back to zero.
    3. Keep a running total where green = +1, red= -1, and black =0.

There is something good about each of them, although I don't want to think about the complicated formulae for #2 or #3. I'll figure it out somehow!

Your thoughts?
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Well! Sunday is flying along. It is my dad's 92nd birthday today (as well as my sister's @evelynladams527 , of course!) and he sounded great on the phone. I'll get down to see him later in the month, COVID-19 willing, and we'll celebrate for real then. But it is a beautiful sunny afternoon, and I'm getting outside asap!

I am enjoying everyone's news, though. There are renewed commitments, admissions that getting in here as close to every day as possible is a good thing, thighs on fire, plans for 5k and 10k events, great photos, and the hatred of logging. I am glad that @deniners2 posted about feeling great in spite of a weight gain (it's the thighs on fire thing...), and I am going to find Sis's Song and give it a try on the bike. Thanks for the recommendation, @ddmiddleton2 ! Don't worry about submitting your weight a bit late. But don't do it again! :wink:

I brought our vague and slightly chaotic idea of finding a way to celebrate the steady, slow losers as well as the high roller losers to the moderators. Some wonderful discussion ensued, and I think we're going to give it a try. I'm going to work on a formula that would go on the spreadsheets to track green weeks. There are 3 possibilities, so here is my question to you all. Which do you prefer? (Each person would get a numerical score at the end of each month, and there would be a running tally from month to month as well.)
    1. Add up only green weeks and everyone gets a running total even if there are black or red weeks in between.
    2. Add up only green weeks, and as soon as there is a black or a red, it all goes back to zero.

There is something good about each of them, although I don't want to think about the complicated formulae for #2 or #3. I'll figure it out somehow!

Your thoughts?

I am trying to get my head around these but Maybe 1 (adding up only green weeks with no penalty for red or black weeks), Since it seems the least complicated. 3 also seems nice.

I was a bit worried this week because I was not loosing much on the scale...so I looked through hundreds of articles 😩..turns out I needed to add more water to my daily intake... so I got half a gallon water bottle and drank 1 a day for the past 2 days...when I added good sleep, I lost 1 pound in those 2 days after more than 6 days of nothing . I was nervous that I’ll have had to report nothing today (first weigh in) but 💃🏽💃🏽...I’ll keep doing this. I haven’t started excercizing but I am encouraged by the steps I have seen some of you do. I’ll comit to improving my steps I guess.

PW 186
    CW 185
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wed: 8337
    Fri: 10759
    Sat: 16763
    Sun: 15543
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Your thoughts?

I like #1. It's simple, straightforward and easy to understand. Plus it doesn't penalize anyone for rough weeks/fluctuations/etc.
  • YinxFed
    Options

Your thoughts?

I like number 1 - I think it's the most straightforward.
This discussion has been closed.