WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. Please stay with us and keep us all posted as you go through treatment. HUGS.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Workout Wednesday - Workout or movement essential - my home (garage) gym. It's more functional than pretty, but it does the trick. I love that it's not in the house, and I can escape out there away from the kids. My spin bike and my ACT/elliptical trainer are the most used pieces by me right now, every single thing in here is well loved and used!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I’m crying for you. I’m so sorry for your diagnosis. My daughter is a nurse and has told me she learned to pay attention when patients say something is not right. You hang in there. Lots of prayers and hugs for you my dear.
    Long days. Thanks for the support everyone. I’m finding that I need to move slow this week but I’m still moving.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    The dedication to the workouts is partly because I pay to have the trainer. It's pretty expensive especially since I have 3 sessions per week. I would be paying whether I went to the session or not so it would be silly not to go.

I know that working with him helps me a lot so that's why I continue to sign up. I can push myself too but not to the same extent. Alex doesn't let me stop until the set is done and encourages me the whole time. If I was on my own and something was too difficult I could easily stop before I should.

I just think of the cost as an investment in my health. I'm not a traveler or a shopper and don't spend money on a lot of things.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Daisy and Charlie are both adorable!

Also, great transformation pictures!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wednesday 3/11
    Food: good
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer and 30 minute walk with my walking group

Apparently there are now 2 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Michigan on the east side of the state. I'm on the west side. The governor declared a state of emergency and it sounds like the colleges are thinking about doing all online classes. Not sure how that would work for the elementary, middle and high schools.

The dietitian who runs the walking group said the hospital is considering that all of their non clinical staff work from home if they can. They're also deciding whether or not to cancel the community classes they have. The local hospital doesn't get to make the decision. It's the upper management who is going to decide. I guess they're going to find out on Friday.
    I'm signed up for a nutrition class that is Tuesday and Thursday of next week. I assume I will get an email on Friday letting me know if it's cancelled or not.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @pacsnc6
    So sorry about your diagnosis. Hugs to you.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    There is nothing wrong with moving slow. Just take it easy and listen to your body and rest when you need to.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 3/11
    Food: on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Walking, PT, strength and stretching

I am tired. I went to the outlets with Shannon and then went grocery shopping. By the time I unpacked everything and then caught up with this corona virus stuff, I was exhausted. I will check in tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

@Cafelelia I hope your shoulder is better by now. Good luck getting everything done for your trip. :)
    @amsandos Awesome job having another good day! It is interesting what you posted about finding motivation or desire for this weight loss journey. I think that is what Corrine calls your hard why. It looks like you are taking another step toward understanding. I love your post workout picture! What happened to the smiley face in that picture? I guess you were a little tired after that workout!
    @tryingagain5. Nice loss! I am not surprised. You have been pretty consistent. I hope they don't cancel your classes. You seem to really like them.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Love that workout room. I remember you moving it from place to place when you were moving.
    @Mrsbell8well I am glad you checked in. Take care of yourself. xoxo
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Steps

Wed: 9283
    Thurs: 10423

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am having an office day today. After swimming yesterday I didn't get to sleep until after midnight I was so buzzed. I woke up at 4am today. I am the perfect combination of tired and hungry so it will be 'interesting' to see how I do today. I may be posting lots. I managed to have 1 cookie and 2 throat sweets and have so far left it there.

I think today I will mostly be staring at my screen like a zombie.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 10,028
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Rundgrenrocks
    Week 2
    PW 223
    CW 224

Sigh. I know I’m doing mostly the right things so I’m trying not to let the number bother me.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/11 steps 8872
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Terrible run yesterday, but it's still exercise! I'm going to repeat this week of training to get a little more endurance before moving on to week 5.

Soooooo... was in the car headed to work this morning and got a call that all schools are closed because our county is under a boil advisory for e coli. Mass hysteria at stores grabbing bottled water. I watched a woman wheel 13 cases out to her car.

ij9rey39c0gm.jpg
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

What a difference 24 hours makes with the coronavirus. The NBA suspended games. The NHL will likely do the same. President Trump banned travel to & from Europe. The coronavirus is now a pandemic. While the case number continues to be relatively low in Canada, there is increasing pressure on our PM to shut things down to slow the spread, which is what South Korea did successfully. This means at the very least extending school March breaks by a week or two, most people working from home, and cutting out all travel. So with all of these changes and uncertainty, I decided to cancel my trip to Phoenix. I just did not want a situation where I was stuck there and then the kids did not have school back home. I am disappointed, but I feel like I have to do my part to help with this situation. Cancelling was easy. I was staying with my friend so there was no hotel to cancel. I purchased my ticket on points, so it took 5 minutes online to cancel and receive a refund. My husband is still going to take the kids to his mom’s, but who knows if their sports camp will take place. I am going to take today to think about how I can refocus for this March break on my fitness and diet. I also need to figure out how to occupy the kids if March break is extended. Normally, I would take them to sporting events, movies, museums etc, but with social distancing, I will need to get creative. I see a lot of hiking, reading, Netflix and board games in our future.

In spite of all the uncertainty, yesterday was a good day. I was on plan, had a walk and got all of my water. I had to take it easy with exercise this week because of my shoulder, but I am going to try to do a run today.

@GingerPwr - Not every run is great, but yes, the good news is that you were running anyway! That hysteria must have been surreal to witness.

@rundgrenrocks - You are right, don’t let the number bother you. You are doing all of the right things and the number will catch up with you eventually.

@brown6267, @Freeglerock, and xX_Phoenixrising_Xx - Thanks for the steps!

@amsandos - Post all you want to today, especially in those tough moments. You are such a determined woman in that photo! You should be very proud for being promoted to the faster swim lane! I really like your thinking about your fitness goals. If they are feeling like a punishment, that is not a good thing. One thing to look at is which parts of fitness do you really enjoy and make you feel good, in a non-punishing way. I went through that a few years ago and decided that running outdoors was the best thing for my spirit and mental health. I do other things too, but try to make is so that I really enjoy it and it is not just something to get through. That is how I discovered boxing, which I would never have guessed felt so good! I don’t do a huge amount of it, but it is incorporated into a cardio app that I have been using.

@sleepymom5 - Hope that you got a good night’s sleep!

@tryingagain5 - Nice loss! I agree with you that your trainer is worth the money, and that way, you ensure that you work out 3 times a week. Hope that your nutrition class is not cancelled, but everything is so uncertain these days.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Love your home gym, particularly the variety of choices that you have!

• amsandos
    Options
    Thank you @Cafelelia. Things do seem to be progressing quickly coronavirus wise. There is talk here of schools shutting down. Our next hoilday isn't until Easter it would mess up lots of things exams and tests not to mention child care arrangements. I think the authorities have to way the situation and fgiure out what is the least damaging all round. It is not a decsion I would like to have to take. We will just have to go with the flow. There is nothing for it. I have had a few schools cancel their visits to the museum but we have brought in additional hygiene measures to keep people safe.

Really craving biscuits but I know it is not real hunger because I have veggie and soft cheese and I ate them and felt sick. I am mostly fantasizing about my bed. Only 3.5 hours to go until home time. I had such high hopes for getting stuff done today it is like wading through mud but mentally. I am hanging tough and haven't had anymore sugary things since this morning.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just popped in quick, I had to get Daisy to the groomer and then sadly ran around like a nut making sure we have enough food if we do get quarantine. I don't think it will come to that but I didn't want to be unprepared just in case. Now I have to hop in the shower quick and go get my hair colored and cut. I hopefully will catch up later.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx, @Freeglerock, @brown6267 awesome stepping!
    @amsandos Can you get up and walk around a bit when you are feeling drowsy? Good job staying away from the sweets. There is some connection for me at least with being tired and eating, especially sweets. You are in the home stretch now. I am thinking it must be almost time to leave. I agree that it is a tough call with the coronavirus. Is it crazy over there too?
    @rundgrenrocks It sounds like you have been doing well so like you said don't let the scale get to you. Hope you have even a better week this week.
    @GingerPwr Exactly, no matter how you did, you still got your butt out there and ran! Great job! I am complaining how crazy it is with corona virus and you have an e coli warning on top of all of that. Hang in there!
    @Cafelelia Sorry you had to cancel your trip but it sounds like the right thing to do considering all that is going on. I am still on the fence with mine. I imagine if things stay the course, I will have to cancel too.
  • amsandos
    Options
    I have broadband back. Hurrah. Of course I have to tell you guys first. Now I have to set the wifi. It is completely crazy coronavirus wise. @sleepymom5
This discussion has been closed.