Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3/15
    Food: logged and over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 40 minutes walk, PT, stretching and strength

Doing a little better getting back to my routine but not quite there. It was nice out so I was happy to get out for a long walk with Shannon. It is just so hard not to be pulled away with everything that is going on.

@tryingagain5 I am glad that you got some food prep done today and got to listen to your sister's church service on line. It is fine if you aren't able to respond to every post. Just come and post about your day. Hang in there with everything that is going on.

Awesome week steppers! Congrats to the winners this week! @timibotkin, @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx and @Freeglerock
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    xkxfx5k8011c.jpeg

Monday's Weigh Ins
    @jedaschultz
    @JillyBT
    @podperson1
    Tuesday's weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Amsandos
    @Freeglerock
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @rundgrenrocks
    @Ljdanny
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/15 steps 5962
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I followed my plan yesterday and it was a more relaxing one just to give myself a break. We stayed in, watched movies and I took a break from household chores. Our PM is speaking at 1 pm today and we expect more intense measures to be put in place across the country. I am following my plan and routine today. I am also working on a plan for my kids to homeschool them and give them some structure. I speak to and email my mother and MIL a few times a day. I find that they are comforting because they have lived through very tough times in the past like wars, so they are much calmer and more philosophical about the state of things now, even though they are at risk themselves. I wish they could stay with us, but at their age, they have been told to self-isolate. Ok, today the plan is to keep calm (mostly) and carry on. Hope that everyone is doing well today.

@tryingagain5 - Hope that work went well last night and that you are resting today.
    @sleepymom5 - Glad that you got out for a walk today. I am going to try to do the same myself.
    @brown6267 - Thanks for the steps and I am inspired by your consistency.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ox6tjqulwu2l.jpeg

Hang in there everyone. We will get through this. Try to stick with your routine as much as you can or make a new routine for this time. I know it is hard, I am struggling myself. Sending hugs to all of you!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I forgot to mention you in my earlier post. Great loss!! Keep it going!!
    @podperson1 - Great loss this week! I feel your frustration with the shops and panic buying. We all need patience right now. Come on to vent whenever you need to
    @lennoncpa - I am so sorry about your gym closing. They have closed here as well along with so many other businesses. I use some online apps to workout and they are nice. There is also a ton of free stuff on YouTube if you have a look around. Don’t give up on the workouts and do the best you can! You have been doing so great!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean what sweet words! Thank you so much. Its an ornamental plum tree I believe. Apples are my favorite trees. So gorgeous.
    I appreciate everyone’s comments and support. I’m sticking it out with the rest of you.
    My heart has been much better this weekend thankfully. I am heeding advice to take it easy. Molly went shopping with me yesterday which was very helpful.
    I’m running slow today. Lots of problem solving at work.
    I had such fun at the markets! Peas, artichokes, asparagus, herbs, strawberries and other seasonal goodies plus cabbage,potatoes and carrots for Tuesday with Irish soda bread. Also bought daffodils, campanulas and baby pink carnations.
    We start our 12 week walking program today. We will take before pictures. I sure miss being fit.
    @sleepymom5 the kids are fine. My daughters boyfriend spends a lot of time in the ER. He gets stressed. As far as second opinion for me, she hasn’t found anyone. I’m switching up my food and vitamins and seeing again what I can do.
    Just ate a big bowl of detox soup.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    My gym has cut back their hours and cancelled all classes. I only go for the classes. No zumba for 2 weeks could be longer. We had a teacher workshop today. We have changed our drop off and pick up routines. Parents are not getting past the front hallway. This will be interesting. We also cut back hours the kids can be in the building but staff still have to work their hours to disinfect more than we usually do. Some staff are not going to be working they are chosing to stay home. We will remain open until we are told to close so I will work for as long as I can. I'm staying out of stores until I have to go in. I'm hoping the craziness will slow down soon.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    3/15 steps 10,445
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 3/16
    Food: under
    Water:40 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes low intensity

The county I live in now has its first confirmed case of coronavirus. The news made it sound like this person had no travel history and hadn't been around anyone who had been sick. Like @lennoncpa mentioned my gym is also closed for 2 weeks by state order. It's going to be strange not going to the gym. I'm going to have to make sure to push myself to do something at home.
    Also, they're closing bars, pubs and dine in restaurants. They can still do take out, they're trying to limit the amount of people in one place.

My trainer texted that he plans on coming up with some workouts for his clients to do at home. That's really nice of him. I don't have any equipment at home but I'm sure he'll come up with some great ideas for me to do without equipment. I also have a book of bodyweight exercises that I can use and I"ll probably do some more of the walking videos.

Every evening activity I have is now cancelled for at least 2 weeks, some for a month. Even the local library has opted to close. The only place I"ll be going to is work. It's understandable that everything is shut down but it's going to be strange just going to work and home.

@sleepymom5 if I remember correctly, you have a bar. Do you have the same policy as Michigan?

I got up early today to go with my dad to his cardiologist appointment. Just a regular follow up appointment. They gave me a visitor pass but they are wanting just the patient to be there. My dad is getting forgetful and he knows it so he likes me to go with him to help him remember everything the doctor says. She was pretty blunt in telling my dad that he is in the high risk category for this virus, like a lot of our parents are. She basically told him to stay home as much as possible, like we should all be doing.

Since I didn't get enough sleep today and have nowhere to go until it's time for work, I'm going to take a nap.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Monday 3/16
    Food: logged and over
    Water:64 oz
    Exercise: 40 min walk, PT, strength and stretching

Not a great day, I did overeat at dinner but I followed my plan and worked out. I had a very good PT session too . I could really feel a difference when I didn't do my PT and stretching for a few days in a row. So, even though I overate, I did well overall today and I am happy about that.

As you all know, this is an unprecedented time in our lives and the entire world is affected. Each day there seems to be graver news and more restrictions. I know that we all are stressed with everything going on. I am trying just to keep things as normal as possible. If you want to come on here and do your check in for the day or if you want to come on and vent about what is going on-please do! I believe that what is going on in our lives effect our eating and exercising habits. This is something huge that everyone is experiencing. Please know this is a safe place to come and get things off your chest. We may not answer right away or may not have the answers but we are here to support you all. Virtual hugs are still safe so I am sending them to you all! :)

@podperson1 Nice loss! I am glad you are feeling better today. It is crazy all over and we all seem to have the panic buying in common. I have a feeling that your gym will be closed. :(
    @lennoncpa You are in such a good routine with your exercising. I bet if you make a plan you can still get a good workout in. There are a lot of routines on youtube and other sites.
    @Mrsbell8well Looks like your market still has a lot of produce, I am hoping for the same. I am hoping to go tomorrow. How do you get protein in? My daughter was a vegetarian but had to add in chicken and turkey because she had a hard time getting the protein in that her dietician recommended. We were surprised to see how much of the vegan protein sources she had to eat.
    @ljdanny I am sorry about the gym. I know you are a regular in your classes. Do you have a place to workout at home? I think the baby might have taken over that room if I remember correctly. I am sure there are zumba classes on line you can do. You also are good with getting out for walks. I hope that you stay open longer for work.
    @amsandos I think it is just as important to check in when things aren't going well. Everyone seems to be taking a hit financially. It is scary! There isn't much you can do about all of that now. Remember that eating and not working out isn't going to change anything that is happening. It is kind of a bummer of a birthday week, but Happy Birthday. :)
    @hope002. Great stepping!
    @tryingagain5 It sounds like Pa and Michigan have the same restrictions. My husband and his partner closed the bar right before it was announced that they had to. They are going to offer take out. They are hoping to be able to do that tomorrow. I am sorry about the gym but I love that your trainer is keeping in touch and making a plan for when you are at home.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    aojt3y0suzb1.jpeg

Monday's Weigh Ins
    @jedaschultz
    @JillyBT
    Tuesday's weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Amsandos
    @Freeglerock
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @rundgrenrocks
    @Ljdanny
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    ernsynx9o8j4.jpeg
    tr4i846z84vo.png
    Our first “Spring” dinner.
    First day of walking program.
    Dinner Vegan oven Rissoto with pesto from “Rabbits and Wolves” blog. Delish! With roasted asparagus.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I get my protein from ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, nuts, legumes and tofu.
    We had 1 serving of risotto left. I was 148.8 this morning. If I see 147 on the scale tomorrow, I get the leftovers. If not, Molly gets them. Seemed like a fair deal lol.
This discussion has been closed.