Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 190
    Cw 189.8
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Hugs to you.

This coronavirus is making me crazy. Went to get a few things at the store. It was a madhouse. It was like Christmas. No toilet paper , water, bleach. Did nobody wipe their *kitten* before this virus. My husbands passport expired and he is going to get a new one, I'm afraid they won't issue it. We don't travel until August but you never know. They are starting to close schools. My work is afraid of closing and how they will pay the staff. Hopefully that doesn't happen. My son has surgery tomorrow and I worry a little with all his health issues.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    And school is now cancelled in our province until April 6th. Everybody is losing their minds as to how to deal with this. Good call deciding not to go to Phoenix! I just ordered a bunch of groceries & supplies for delivery. On the bright side, my older son somehow managed to score a bunch of hand sanitizer at our corner store.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Very crazy times. We are wisely being told not to shake hands at the bank. My daughters boyfriend went to ER to be tested. Feeling ill and they were in Italy recently. My daughter doesn’t think they should visit us. Our hospital just had a confirmed case. There are 4 adults in our home with compromised immune systems. The school systems are shut down and church meetings canceled. One day at a time. Hang in there everyone.
    @GingerPwr your posting cracked me up.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I’m going to have to pull out of the step challenge for now. So sorry.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @ljdanny - I hope that your son’s surgery goes well tomorrow. I said a little prayer for him.

@Mrsbell8well - You just take care of yourself and your family. No need to apologize about the step challenge. Hope that your daughter & her boyfriend are ok.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3/12
    Food: on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Nothing

I feel like I have been running the past few days and not getting anywhere. I had a couple of doctors appointments this week. I did have fun shopping with Shannon yesterday but I had so many other things I should have been doing and I knew that I would be putting myself behind by going. It was her birthday and it was her suggestion so I am glad I went. Today I had hair and nail appointments. I also have been so sleepy all week. I should be over the time change by now I would think. Tomorrow I will have time to get back into my routine and I need to plan my weekend. We will be staying in for obvious reasons.

I also canceled my trip to go see William in Houston. I am so bummed but every day there is something new going on so it is for the best. I was lucky and was able to cancel the hotel and the flight with no trouble. My husband didn't last long in New York. The games were canceled. A county near me was "closed" so non essential businesses are to closed for 2 weeks. Only healthcare facilities, gas stations, grocery stores, government offices, public safety, correctional facilities and utility services can remain open. I have never seen anything like this. Hopefully all these cancelations and precautions will slow the progression of this virus and things will start to improve. We are prepared if we need to stay in for any amount of time. Hopefully we wont need it but it is better to be prepared.

I am so tired so I am going to stop before I start babbling too much Lol! Hope everyone has a good night.

@amsandos I am glad your broadband is back! I miss you when it is down! How did the rest of your day go? Hope you have a good nights rest tonight and will be refreshed in the am.
    @ljdanny Sending hugs and prayers to you and your son tomorrow. You all have been through so much. I still can't believe that everyone is behaving the same way all over the world apparently. It is just unbelievable to me.
    @Cafelelia Yes, good call to cancel. Your son was lucky, I think the hand sanitizer has been sold out for a while by us. I wish I had thought to order by delivery, saves time plus no exposure to any germs at the store.
    @Mrsbell8well I hope your daughter and her boyfriend are ok. Sending prayers and hugs. Hope you are feeling better too.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to post Thursday's photo challenge-it is never too late if you want to jump in! I will post mine tomorrow

Thirsty Thursday - Your favorite morning drink
    I am always curious about what people drink in the morning! I love my coffee and it has evolved over time. Post a photo or describe your favorite morning drink. Selfies with the drink are great or maybe you want to show us your favourite mug or glass, or where you are having your drink!

Food for Thought Friday - Surprising favorite food item
    Let us know about a surprising food item that you love since starting your healthy journey. Maybe you discovered a new product and now can’t live without it. Maybe you never really like broccoli before, but you now love it.

Share here, on the link below or both!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    6aqcnmp1a2b3.jpg
    Here's my morning coffee - boringly just on my messy dressing table whilst I get myself ready. Wish I was drinking it in the garden listening to the early morning birds sing, but alas, I get up at 6:30am and have barely enough time to get me and kids ready in time, let alone enjoy a coffee in peace!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 10,339
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    jgjfx10q9h7b.jpg
    Thirsty Thursday - these are my morning drinks at work. Pink amino blend for recovery after my 5.30am gym session, I have found it helps to drink it through the morning. And the other bottle has iced coffee, my machine at home makes better coffee than the machines at work. My happy little Toy Story alien cup lives on my desk and the other side says "Stay Weird". Seems appropriate for work! And me, who am I kidding. I'm just a big kid at heart lol 🙃
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 the rest of the day went fine. I may have had a small piece of cookie but that was very restrained for me. I was in bed by 8pm read my daugther a story until she fell asleep and then went to sleep myself. I woke up this morning really early because my coach had schedule a 1 hour hill session. However I could not get my brain and body together in time. It took me about half an hour to get my running kit on stretched, my app programmaed and out the door by which time I only had about 40 mins to work out. So I did the 40 min fartlek session he put on for me. That is right he schedule 2 runs totalling 1 hour and 40 mins. Tomorrow I have to run for 1hour 30 mins. I can't wait until I am done with this coach. He just doesn't seem to listen and hits me with unrealistic targets and then when I tell him he hasn't done it he just says oh well don't worry. I am like well it is it not important why have you scheduled it. You are setting me up to fail.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Friday check in - steps 9046.

Calories, tracked and I am 99 over. I have also been several hundred under every day this week so I'm not sweating it.

Exercise - just 30 mins Elliptical this morning. Haven't felt particularly great this afternoon/evening so I decided to rest rather than do anything else. Just a bit migraine-ish, not full on but enough eye pain and nausea that I don't want to make it worse.

Watching the Corona Virus effect spreading... I think those of you not traveling made good decisions. But crazy how much effect this does have! Some big events are canceled here in NZ now, although we still just have the 5 known cases. Kids sports events are still going ahead, but no touching hands etc after the games - they've been touching elbows instead and all look like they're doing the chicken dance 🤣 Little kids would be funny, 15 year old boys makes it hilarious (I am such a good mother lol)

It's 10.40 pm Friday here. We have a bit of a drive north tomorrow morning for basketball, then I am hoping for a walk along the coast at some point. And we have to do the grocery shopping which will no doubt be complete madness, everyone is panic buying. Completely mental. But you know, we need to eat. The kids start complaining after a few days of feeding them grass and leaves. 😜 And teenage boys eat everything else that isn't nailed down!
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    Week #: 2
    PW: 65.30 Kg / 143.96 lbs
    CW: 65.75 Kg / 144.95 lbs

Check-In: For The Week
    Food: Went A Bit Over In Calories This Week
    Water: Need To Drink More Water
    Exercise: Lawn Mowing

Over done the lawn mowing, so ended up eating a bit too much during my recovery time (hence not loosing weight this week). But had an enjoyable happy week & slowly planning my meal plans to have a more reliable meal routine soon.

Have a good weekend & take care.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    weigh in Friday
    week 2
    pw: 160.3
    cw: 159.8
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/12 steps 4145
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I am still feeling fine, just a little more tired in the evenings - Hard to believe anything is wrong inside my body. Biopsy is scheduled Monday afternoon, Thursday I will know what the plan is and I'm trying not to worry about it.
    I agree with all of you about the crazy response to the coronavirus and how reactions are the same worldwide. If nothing else we should realize how people are the same everywhere.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Watching the news this morning and there are now 4 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in West Michigan. Apparently they are in their 60's and are known travellers but none of them have severe symptoms so that's good.

The governor also ordered all the K-12 schools closed until April 6th. Not sure how that's going to work for families who have little kids and need daycare so mom and dad can still go to work. No businesses closed here yet. Waiting for that to be next.

At work by me, they've cancelled all of the company sponsored luncheons and told us we can't have any potlucks or get togethers until further notice. They're also having everyone wipe down the machines at the start of each shift. The circuit boards are made of fiberglass so the company has always provided gloves for us to wear so we don't get slivers. I'm guessing more people will start using them now.
  • Cafelelia
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Fridays
    PW - 150
    CW - 149.7

Good morning everyone, Weigh in day seems not as relevant when we are in the midst of a pandemic. I stopped counting calories 2 weeks ago and am making a daily plan and following a hunger scale. I am still making this a new habit. While my losses have been small, I am happily surprised that I have not gained. I am very curious to see where this takes me.

Onto pandemic news. Our PM’s wife has the virus and our PM is in self-isolation. She had travelled to London for a conference and fell ill the day she returned. I am happy that they are being transparent about it. They have suspended Parliament, but everybody, including the PM, is working remotely. It is likely that they will announce a travel ban today, and they have already asked all of us not to leave the country. Pretty much everything is cancelled. Cities are banning larger gatherings, religious services etc. The economic impact will be significant. I will just take a pause in my own part-time business, unless a client really needs something. My husband still has to go to the office, but he can work remotely a lot more. He is actually really busy helping clients with pandemic issues. The no school issue is really awful for everyone. We are lucky to have a teen who can help out. He is going to do some babysitting for kids in the neighbourhood and I will likely babysit some of my younger son’s friends through this time. I am going to take the weekend to plot out some structure for everyone, including some daily exercise. My older son has some school assignments to work on, and I will pull some curriculum worksheets from the internet so that my younger son keeps learning. I am worried about my mom, but she is a smart lady, who pretty much went into self-isolation weeks ago. She was a child in WW2 Europe, so her house is always stocked up with food and supplies. To end on a lighter note, one of our nation’s toilet paper makers made front page news by saying there is plenty of toilet paper to go around and they are manufacturing plenty more. So toilet paper was the front page headline!

I hope that you are all managing ok. I find anxiety creeping in here and there, and I am doing my best to stay focused and calm. Being part of this team and our F2F family is comforting right now.

@tryingagain5 - Everything you describe is so familiar. Hope that you are doing ok at work and able to keep up your fitness routine.

@pacsnc6 - Hope that the biopsy goes well and that you get the best news possible from it. Nice loss there and just keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care and big hug!

@rosieposiesrl - That is not a very large gain, and glad that you had an enjoyable week. Happy meal planning!

@amsandos - Glad that you had a better day yesterday. Is there any way to change coaches now?

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I love that toy story mug!

@Freeglerock - I love your mug! I am up at 6:30 too (sometimes 6 am if needed) and it is a mad dash to get everyone out the door. My brain just does not function well at that time, even after 7 or 8 hours sleep. I do as much as I can the night before so I don’t forget anything in the morning, which has been known to happen!

This discussion has been closed.