WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    iq6u390g5gfb.jpeg

One last thing-Quite a few members of our team gyms have closed. Why don't we all pitch in with websites or apps that we enjoy. Hopefully we will have enough that there will be plenty to choose from.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    That was nice of your husband and his partner to close before they had to. Glad they will be able to still do takeout.

I saw on Facebook that my gym's owner is still going to pay his staff while they are off because as he said "it seems like the right thing to do". He is also offering a small discount to members if they feel the need to be reimbursed for the 2 weeks, although the cost for the month is generally around $40, so for the 2 weeks $20. Several members have already posted in response to the owner "keep my dues since it seems like the right thing to do". If there are members who are in financial difficulties now because of everything the owner is going to work with them on that so that's also wonderful. This is a fairly new owner since the previous owner retired not too long ago.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food IF 20:4
    Water 10 cups
    Exercise 45 minutes weights, 40 min walk, 30 hulahoop
    Steps 10,350

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/17 steps 9730
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice @Cafelelia and @sleepymom5. I got up this morning at my usual 5 am and did a YouTube workout and so its giving my life some sense of normalcy.

I’m still eating really good and trying to stay in my food routine. For the last few weeks - on Monday I cut up all kinds of vegetables and roast them in the oven with a little olive oil. I eat them with hummus or beans and sometimes a few of the healthy types of crackers. I’ve been changing around the vegetables and started chopping up some habanero peppers in it too - since I like my food spicy. This week I had a really hard time finding onions - not sure why that is - but mostly I have a great variety of vegetables. I usually have enough vegetables to last me through the week - so that I have something to munch on when I get cravings!

I hope everyone is staying safe and not struggling with all that is going on.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

I stayed on plan yesterday, drank all of my water, but did not work out due to stress and distraction. As @1theresamcvean mentioned, our PM spoke to our country very seriously yesterday, shut our borders to everyone except the US and called on all Canadians overseas to come home immediately. He is always an excellent speaker, and like Theresa, I cried. New restrictions have been put in place at our borders, in our province and our city. While we are not in an Italian style lock down, everything is pretty much closed down except groceries, pharmacies and convenience stores. Restaurants can do take out, but some have just closed. While the number of cases in Canada remain relatively low to the rest of the world, our cases doubled over the weekend and will likely continue to rise as people return home. I feel overwhelmed at times thinking about my kids and our elderly moms. I worry about my husband as he has to continue to help keep his firm going, and for now that means going into the office for critical services since staff have been sent home. I bounce between resilience and the opposite of it. My best plan for today and going forward it to maintain some structure in our lives, help people where I can and stay connected with family and friends.

@1theresamcvean - It has to be hard not having your family with you. You are doing all of the right things with your daily intentions, working, walking with your daughter, staying connected with family online and helping Wendy and Juan. It must be terrible for them to be so far from home right now. That diary suggestion is a great idea and I will use it for my kids. I can kind of picture your routine as I am just a few neighbourhood away doing similar things! Big hugs to my fellow Torontonian and we will get through this!

@lennoncpa - Glad that you found a Youtube workout and that you are keeping up your healthy eating! You are a role model for all of us!

@brown6267 - Great steps!

@hope002 - Great day, keep it up!

@GingerPwr - Fantastic workouts and focus! That’s how you do it! I have the same problem with my extroverted 13 year old. He is really having a hard time with this. While I normally limit electronics, I am so thankful he can at least socialize through his games and online!

@Mrsbell8well - Yummy supper!

@sleepymom5 - Great that you are keeping things as normal as possible and focusing on the PT is really good right now!

@tryingagain5 - So sorry about your gym closing and that would be ideal if your trainer can provide you with some workouts. Those YouTube videos that I posted above include many workouts that do not require equipment, so have look. I know it is very difficult not having any of our usual places and activities open. I am trying to you FaceTime, texting, group chats and online sites as a substitute, but it is not easy. Take care of your dad and yes, he absolutely should be self-isolating now.

@amsandos - Happy Birthday!! Try to make the best of it today because celebrations are needed right now. Come on to post any time, positive or negative.

@ljdanny - I am sorry about your gym classes being cancelled. I posted that Zumba link just for you!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    4lh5vcrvqowg.jpeg
    Guess who’s eating risotto for lunch? 147 even 😁
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    lubokggglyuv.jpeg

This isn't tailored to the corona virus but with being home bound it is good to get into a routine to put some structure and a sense of security in your day.

Guess my photo cloud still isn't working. I will post what I was going to later in the day hopefully. If anyone has suggestions I would love it. I have all apple products. Its on the phone but wont go to the computer.

@tryingagain5 It is nice to see people coming together in times like these. It is nice that your gym owners and the members are doing what they can during these times.
    @GingerPwr I like how you made a plan for your workouts. Looks like you are making the best of this time being homebound. My daughter is almost 20 and she is reacting like your 12 yo lol! She is so upset about not going back to school this semester. (I am not going to lie, I am too ;))
    @brown6267 Nice! Hope all is going well.
    @lennoncpa I am glad you didn't let the gym closing get in the way of your workout! I also love how you are getting all those veggies in. Can you work remotely? My son has to go in still. A CPA doesn't have much of a life this time of year lol! No matter what is going on in the world.
    @1theresamcvean I know it is hard to be away from your family but it is good that you have the international students to care for. How old are the international students? College age? You are amazing, with all that you have going on, you are still hosting students. Wow! I do not think you overstepped with the sleeping in. I said how my 20 yo isn't happy about being home and doing online classes. These students are very far from their families and have the same restrictions. I am glad you had a talk with her and I am sure her mother would be happy to know that you are so caring when she can't be with her. Boys sometimes just need to be fed lol! I am sure it is not easy for him either but I am glad he is doing a bit better than Wendy. I love that idea with journaling and I think I am going to suggest that to my children as well. This is history in the making.
    @Cafelelia Thanks for posting those websites! Even if we have other options, I am sure we are going to get board of them after a while. It is nice to have a few other things to change it up. I think you are a great example of how to react in this crisis. You are keeping things going and helping where you can. xo
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @mrsbell8well Lol! Poor Molly has to make her lunch ;)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @gingerpwr it’s so good to have you back on the team! Your post made me smile
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    For those of you who love to cook, I'm looking at you @Mrsbell8well, I wanted to share a new private Facebook group. Erin Clarke, cookbook author and blogger at Well Plated, has such reliable recipes including classics made healthy, international, vegan, etc.

Well Plated Community - Easy, Healthy Recipes & Fun!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/195554671692122/
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@Mrsbell8well what a great haul from the market and loving your flowers, it's been nice to see the spring flowers appearing the last few weeks - gives a little boost amidst all the doom and gloom. The positive I have found searching the shops is that 'fresh' foods seem to be all in stock still :)

@tryingagain5 how nice of your trainer to plan at-home workouts for everyone, I hope they come back again after lol

@sleepymom5 my gym is not closed yet but have a feeling it will just be a matter of time, well done on the PT session :)

@GingerPwr I am feeling for the extroverts at the moment, as a life-long introvert I don't think it's having the same mental impact on me. Does he have any alternative ways to connect with his friends - social media, online games etc (I wouldn't normally recommend to kids but think it can be so important not to feel isolated)

@1theresamcvean I think that's really lovely how supportive you're being of your student guests. It must be frightening to be dealing with something like this so far away from home and family so am sure they appreciate you being there for them x

@Cafelelia thank you for posting those links, will have a look through later

It does feel like we're living in such strange times. I don't know about anyone else but it's odd because in some ways it's 'life as usual' - I'm still going to work as there's not really an option for me to work from home, I get the bus in the morning, I go to the grocery store - and everyone I meet is still going about their business. But then we have these constant updates on everything shutting down - concerts I was going to are cancelled, my local cinema closed today 'until further notice', I was supposed to be flying to Spain in April and that's cancelled now. It's just a bit of an odd mix. I wonder sometimes if I'm being 'too calm' but then it's not like there's anything I can do other then the same general precautions anyway.
    Anyway, have stayed under calories so that's all good. Still not quite feeling up to going back to exercise but hopefully in the next day or two. Hope everyone's staying safe and healthy x
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Finally had some time to read the posts. Sending everyone good vibes. I live in Los Angeles, and we might have to shelter in place! We are staying home but sheltering in place is a whole other level!

So stressed with care givers coming to my parents house but I can't move in and take care of them. It is to much. And I don't want these care givers to loose their jobs. I pay a lot through an agency but I am sure they don't get that much. I would hire them privately but the Long Term Health Care insurance my father purchased years ago requires I go through an agency to get reimbursed.

I don't have a scale at home, I was using the gym scale to motivate me to get to the gym which is now closed until further notice. So I need to order a scale, any suggestions from anyone?

@sleepymom5 I obviously didn't get my weigh in yesterday. Can I just use last weeks weight or should I skip this week and I will hopefully get a scale delivered by next week. Sorry I missed posting my steps. I'll post all at once for this week. Hope to get out for some walks. We have had a lot of rain.

@Cafelelia THANK YOU for the work outs

@Freeglerock Sorry you might loose your room. It is bitter sweet to go from an empty nest to having our nest full again.

@ljdanny so happy to hear your son's surgery was successful. Our gyms are closed too!

@amsandos Hang in there

Being stuck at home, should give me more time to check in.

SUGGESTION on what helps me......

This app "Unplug" (blue) is made by the studio I started going to. It is great for meditation. I think you can get a 7 day trial and if you like it is $7.99 a month or $50 for the year. They have 100's of meditations, in groups by topics (stress, sleep, anxiety, eating, beginners, travel, hypnosis, recovery, health and more) They also have them by time, by teacher. It has helped me so much with my anxiety. Sometimes I pick one that I don't like the voice or words they use but I haven't tried them all and most have been amazing!

xoxo
    Jill
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    For those of you with school age children, Khan Academy offers online learning modules and just released excellent schedules on how to structure the day with kids. I was just trying to devise this myself and this is so helpful. Khan Academy is free, and they accept voluntary donations to help them keep running. Please share the link with any parents out there in need of this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSZhOdEPAWjUQpqDkVAlJrFwxxZ9Sa6zGOq0CNRms6Z7DZNq-tQWS3OhuVCUbh_-P-WmksHAzbsrk9d/pub?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Covid-19 non-donors&utm_content=C&utm_term=all regions-all users-non-donors-covid
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I told her Molly she good go to McDonalds lol. That used to be a regular stop for her before she met me. I did offer to eat detox soup but she said I won the lunch fair and square lol!
    @podperson1 I too was so impressed with how much fresh stuff was still available. I did sneak in some popcorn and chips for wifey...and maybe a few dark chocolate bars for me. Bought a yummy orange dark chocolate.
    @1theresamcvean I am headed over to that recipe site now.
    BTW...are you the one that recommended the chocolate mint tea? I had to order it. It took over a week but very tasty.

my favorite fitness routine is Adriene yoga on you tube. It's free and really changed my life.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    The meditation app that I discussed earlier, Calm just released a list of free meditations, music, soundscape and stretches. Please feel free to share the link with anyone who may need it.

https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath?utm_source=lifecycle&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=difficult_times_subs_031720
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you are all getting used to our new norm! Still feels weird, but knowing everyone is going through the sme thing is a litte comforting! The only one happy about the situation is my puppy, he loves that we are home all the time, lol. The only one still working regular hours is my hubby. He works in a doctor's office doing IT during the day and works part-time at night & weekendds at Costco, you can imagine how crazy Costco has been!

My step counts:
    Sunday 3/8 - 15,583
    Monday 3/9 - 25,012
    Tuesday 3/10 - 15,727
    Wednesday 3/11 - 5,153
    Thursday 3/12 - 6,196
    Friday 3/13 - 21,724
    Saturday - 3/14 - 13,291

Sunday - 3/15 - 18,699
    Monday - 3/16 - 3,933

Some days were good, but some were just sad!

Try to have a good day! I will try to catch up with all your posts! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.