Options

Replies

• petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    3/16/2020
    How are you guys handling things there?

Yesterday, my work announced that we will recieve 80 additional sick hours, and part timers will recieve 40. I don't know if we will continue to stay open, but they've cut down on our operating hours. We will see 🤷‍♀️

For me is is business as usual. I am working from home with 5 people that work for me. We are just hoping that none of us get exposed to the virus and be forced to close for 2 weeks or longer. All public events have been cancelled. Some people got into a shopping frenzy, but hopefully they will calm down.
    So far we have only 116 confirmed cases, but our winter is still coming. In South Africa we have the highest number of HIV/Aids and probably TB infected people in the world. That will be our challenge when the virus gets hold of those people with their already immune compromised systems.
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    Wednesday 03/18
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes - 7km run
    Steps 12134
    Water 64
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to hold steady this week....I haven't worked out since Sunday. My workplace has been in turmoil due to the virus and I have been working longer and have been exhausted - physically and emotionally. Sorry for the whining, I just need to make it to the weekend so I can regroup. I didn't even have my lunches prepped either :neutral:

Hang in there, we will find our new normal! It's going to take time and patience but we will get there! I'm so glad people are still checking in here though. This Team has been my only constant so I am hanging on for dear life! I'm here, whine it out if you please!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 thanks for the encouragement and support. I don't want a few days to throw me off my goals....I won't give up....just so tired. I hope Saturday will help me turn things around and I can spend the day cooking my meals and maybe start planting my seeds for my garden.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I've not been posting for any of the mini challenges, what with everything that's going on, but will start doing it agai soon. :smile:

It's been a nightmare trying to get my hubby heart medication for the past 2 days as the pharmacy workers are under a lot of pressure just now. He has enough to last till Fri/Sat so hopefully It'll be ready tomorrow. if not, I 'll run the gauntlet again on Friday and won't leave till I get it as it is extremely important.

The school's here officially close on Friday (about time!) but I already took my son out of school at the start of the week.

I had an appointment for an MRI brain scan on Monday, but I cancelled it because I don't want to go near that hospital as there are 50+ cases of the virus in that area. :grimace:

Hope everyone is well! :smile:

(I did 45 minutes elliptical and 10 minutes bike yesterday. Today's exercise was walking, thanks to the "Great Teabag Hunt" :lol: .I managed to get some, woohoo! I NEED my cup of tea!) :drinker:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    45 minutes on the elliptical is awesome. Great job getting your workouts in. I think last weekend an app on my phone shower that I walked 2 miles just from trying to find stuff at the grocery.
    I hope you can get what you need today. I hope you and your family stays well.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @Krysless2 thanks for the encouragement and support. I don't want a few days to throw me off my goals....I won't give up....just so tired. I hope Saturday will help me turn things around and I can spend the day cooking my meals and maybe start planting my seeds for my garden.

@RoseyandReady
    Make sure you give yourself a chance to rest and relax this weekend. You have been doing fantastic. Hopefully, things will become a little less chaotic soon.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I've not been posting for any of the mini challenges, what with everything that's going on, but will start doing it agai soon. :smile:

It's been a nightmare trying to get my hubby heart medication for the past 2 days as the pharmacy workers are under a lot of pressure just now. He has enough to last till Fri/Sat so hopefully It'll be ready tomorrow. if not, I 'll run the gauntlet again on Friday and won't leave till I get it as it is extremely important.

The school's here officially close on Friday (about time!) but I already took my son out of school at the start of the week.

I had an appointment for an MRI brain scan on Monday, but I cancelled it because I don't want to go near that hospital as there are 50+ cases of the virus in that area. :grimace:

Hope everyone is well! :smile:

(I did 45 minutes elliptical and 10 minutes bike yesterday. Today's exercise was walking, thanks to the "Great Teabag Hunt" :lol: .I managed to get some, woohoo! I NEED my cup of tea!) :drinker:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    45 minutes on the elliptical is awesome. Great job getting your workouts in. I think last weekend an app on my phone shower that I walked 2 miles just from trying to find stuff at the grocery.
    I hope you can get what you need today. I hope you and your family stays well.

Thanks @brandi_84. I managed to get my hubby his heart meds today! Yes! Result! Although my migraine medication and my son's inhalers weren't there yet. They say it will be Fri-Sat for those. :confused:
    I also managed to acquire 2 tins of tomatoes and some toilet paper (I only had 1 left) These items are like gold dust here just now. :lol:
    I know! It's amazing the amount of steps we're getting by hunting.. I mean shopping.. just now! :wink:
  • brandi_84
    Options
    jrrutten wrote: »
    Starting weight: 228.8
    Week 1: 231.6
    Week 2: 230.0
    Week 3: 228.4

@jrruten
    That is a great loss!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I have loved seeing all the show and tells. I am still trying to figure out how to add a picture.

Does it allow you to click on the image portrait icon? You should be able to just click on that and select your image

Yes, but when I select the image it returns me back to here and nothing is actually selected.
    I will try from the computer later and see if it will work from there.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: March Week #3
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 300.4
    CW: 300.0

I wasn’t really eating the best this week at all but the fact that I still lost 4 ounces makes me feel a little better about it!
    @rawrxamberx
    You should feel good about it. Just let it remind you what you can do when you are eating good.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh in for @sarahannsuarez

Starting weight in January: 205lbs
    Starting March Weight: 194.2
    Week 1 weight: 193.1
    Week 2 weight: 193.1
    Week 3 weight: 190.4

Well I have to say I haven't weighed in since last week. Not that I want to bring this into this discussion chat... but I am a healthcare provider and things are getting crazy... I'm not currently in a high risk area, but things are changing hour by hour. Gyms are closed, we're all at home in off hours and I'm trying not to snack/stress eat. Although last night I had some of my ice cream birthday cake that was still in the freezer from a month ago:) Everyone out there stay safe, stay home. This isn't a joke or conspiracy.

@sarahannsuarez
    Fantabulous loss!
    Ice cream cake sounds awesome.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    March 19
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 170
    Current- 170
    Second week at a stand still 😐
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Wed Mar 18th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 27min HIIT and abs
    Water: 96oz
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    March 19
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 170
    Current- 170

I see this as a win! So much better than a gain
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    Thursday 03/19
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes - 7km run
    Steps 12755
    Water 64
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Thurs, March19th:
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: No
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 100oz
    Steps: 6669

*Daily personal goal this week* Eliminate eating from 730pm to 1130am the next day.
    No, I shamefully overate yesterday to the point I made myself physically sick
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nicoletime4me wrote: »
    March 19
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 170
    Current- 170

I see this as a win! So much better than a gain

@petrocoetsee thank you!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Fri, March20th:
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: No, over by -333
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 9018

*Daily personal goal this week* Eliminate eating from 730pm to 1130am the next day.
    I ate too early this morning
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    Friday 03/20
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes - 7km run
    Steps 13394
    Water 50
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been MIA for a few days. I was worried about my kids spring break killing my progress then life laughed at me and said “How about trying strep throat instead?!” Ugh. So I have been down for the count for most of the week. No tracking, although I wasn’t eating much, and definitely no exercise. I did manage to do my Friday weigh in and considering everything I’m not too disappointed. 🤪

Friday weigh in: 130

Happy weekend all!!
This discussion has been closed.