WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Okay, folks. I need you to give me a swift kick to the pants. I've lost my way. I'm going to have Covid+19, if I don't get back on track.

Tell me I'll disappoint the group. Tell me to stop snacking. Tell me to read the posts and log my food. I need bootcamp pressure! Don't be nice. Bring it on. Help me. 😣😁😡
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/17 = 8825

Oh I slept so bad last night, my allergies are kicking my butt... I attempted the yoga this morning, got halfway through then just said nope, not feeling it... I will do it once I get home.. Today is treadmill for 45 minutes...

@deniner2 Consider this my foot in your nether region... GET IT TOGETHER, YOU CAN DO THIS... PUT THE SNACKS DOWN... NOW... GET UP AND DO SOMETHING... NO... Not get more snacks !!!!! I MEAN EXERCISE...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    @deniners2 OK. You put on 5 pounds in week 2. You took OFF 3 pounds in week 3. KEEP GOING! You do NOT want to be one of those one week green, one week red, rinse and repeat people, do you???

Use the habit tracker. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INbPBPKY5byiMto99WHLxiuzYOlyE4hxyCWGWlq99ws/edit?usp=sharing
    Go to the WaistAways tab at the bottom. Your name is already on the list. Put in up to 5 small habits (good ones!) that you will stick to every day. Start today - those green check marks get to be addictive after a while. It helps! Give it a try! If ever you lose the link, it is permanently there on the F2F main page under Announcements. No excuses.

LOG YOUR FOOD. All of it, even when it makes you feel bad to put it in there. That bad feeling is one of the most effective tools in the box! You won't want to feel it very often, so maybe our little voices in your head will keep you from having to log those bad things. :open_mouth:

You know how to do all this stuff - so just do it! I want to see a green number on your next weigh-in! Virtual tiara for you if you do :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar heroics on the driveway! Geez, what a trek! I still think you could use a snow mobile/4-wheeler...oh, I know! Phoebe can get you a Hummvie! That’d be amazing getting up your crazy riverbed/“driveway” would be a snap!
    It seems like it should be Thursday already but, no. It’s just that we’ve been catapulting through hours of drama with tinges of Pandemic.
    All is well. My Boston based daughter drove a 10-foot U-Haul truck with her stuff (remember when *all* of your stuff fit into one of those with room to spare??) - well, that was her last night. Rather than being potentially exposed to the C-19 virus, we put her up at a hotel nearby. Her plan is to go northward where friends of her paternal aunt have a vacant house she could be in for the next 13 days for free. I love how this is unfolding with all the right people helping. I was even given some help from my tenant who works at the same hotel Monica is in - he brought her a fresh cup of coffee. It helped lift all of our spirits with minimal wear and tear. It really is all about there little things.
    I’m staying away from work at this time and advocating for non-essential departments and positions to be shut down.
    There are too many people getting and spreading it through the greater community without having any direct contact - pretty scary.
    Now that the employee gym is closed, I’ll be doing walking and catching up on Pilates from last week.
    We’re also getting some housework done in the interim, which feels great.
    “Old fashioned” exercise at its best.
    Well darlings, have wonderful sleeps with delightful dreams. I’ll be back tomorrow!
    🥰😻😴
    Thanks for the good news about my fabulous niece! I am glad that none of you are taking any chances, and that she has a great place to stay for a while. I will call her often and tell her silly stories while cleaning house. Old fashioned exercise indeed - I'm starting the spring cleaning, partly in hopes of keeping the tall guy's asthma more under control (it is BAD lately), and partly for the exercise and chance to listen to good audiobooks.

Oh, and the Canadian surplus decommissioned vehicle? Great idea. I want this one. I'll let Phoebe know where to have it delivered :lol:
    lmdgc8j1dvyr.png
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    n5ltep266nna.gif
    Hi everyone! We started a F2F community thread where anyone can post their tips and online resources for staying motivated and healthy during this difficult time. I amassed everything I could pull from our team WNM thread. Please feel free at any time! Let’s stay motivated and support one another!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789350/support-tips-and-online-resources-for-our-f2f-community#latest
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Sounds like quite a few of us are having a hard time staying out of the snacks and focusing on our health journey. I know sometimes tough love sounds like the right direction but do spend some time considering what you really need right now. Sometimes we need care and compassion for ourselves like @Terytha's snuggle blanket.

I have also been driven to food lately. I really had to stop and decide what my body really wanted. It wanted a distraction from all the crap going on. I could fulfill that with bbq potatoe chips OR...just some well crafted super flavorful meals. I could eat 5 rice krispies treats OR...I could make myself an americano and savor a really good piece of chocolate. Either option will get me the desired feeling but one has less guilt and leaves me satisfied longer.

Things are hard right now and we all have to find our center and our new normal. Offer yourself the same care and compassion that a good friend would offer. Hang in there and do your best. Keep up the small changes. We are here for each other and we can do this ♥️
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thank you. I needed that.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I’m in the stress eating club right now too. 😶 @conleywoods you are exactly right. We need to think of what we really need and I’m with you. I need a distraction. While I have been good about exercising, I just ate a bunch of pretzels and pimento cheese. Not the end of the world, but not controlled and mindful eating either. So thanks for the reminder to give it more thought.

So @deniners2 You are not alone. But get yourself in control and think about what you really need. But don’t beat yourself up if you need to eat something off track. We have to take care of ourselves now. Counter what you eat with some extra movement. It will burn some calories and help your mental health too.

Take care of yourselves everyone. ❤️
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    RAIN RAIN RAIN now storms. I want to get out and walk and it has been raining constantly. Tonight they are calling for storms. I did get some exercise...my kids were down our dead end road on our side by side and it quit working so we had to push it home! Not sure how to record that. 😂 I am eating more than I should but not too crazy. Trying for healthy snacks, trying is the keyword.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @deniners2 Set your routine! What are your goals for tomorrow - write them out and post them!! (I will be looking) So the outside is going crazy (it doesn't matter), inside YOU it is peace and tranquility!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My time travel this morning would be 1620 - which was also a leap year and the Mayflower sailed from Plymouth, England, bound for the New World (how exciting and scary!). So you know similar to these times... :)

@Micki48 here are steps so far this week
    3/15: 11,069
    3/16: 15,637
    3/17: 14,112
    3/18: 10,348
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Good morning Thursday! I really feel like it should have been Friday yesterday, but here we are.

I love the time travel idea Liselyn!

I have not slept well and have literally been out of bed since 5am (which I never do!) There was no point to laying there. So I got up, drank some water, lit some candles, got out my mat and did 30 minutes of Pilates. I’m sure it won’t be an everyday thing, but it beats tossing and turning for two hours. I may be very tired come 2pm. So now, I think I’m going to go make some yummy muffins for hubby and all.

Love to you all. Hope you can take a few minutes to find peace and calm today.
    Michele 💕🤗🙏🏽
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wed: 14270
    Tues: 9997

I think I’m caught up!

❤️The time travel!!!

I too ate too much the past 2 days. Mainly healthy but servings are off. Better tracking is the issue. When I track I get it done and am on track. I do have better BMs when I eat too much though. 🙄

More walking, less shopping.

• jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Even if life is seriously weird right now, I hope we can have some good feelings too, each in our own separate space, of course :smile:

I love the news for 1620 @steph1498 - a leap year for sure!

Now we need some news from these weigh-ins! What year are you? If you don't have time to look up things, I'm sure one of us will jump in and help :grin:
    @evelynladams527
    @cory17
    @eggfreak

I am also hoping to hear from both @reflectionofme and @juliemargaretkim -- if you are friends with them, send a message! Hopefully they are OK and just too busy to get in here.

Stay green, and happy Spring tonight! DH and I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to unblock the biggest of our several streams yesterday. A couple of trees had fallen over it, and as they have sunk down, they are so close to the water that all the gravel and debris washing down has created a dam. The water is trying to run under the thick ice, but the blockage is so bad, it has started to divert the stream in a different direction. If it stays that way, our vegetable garden will be flooded and our pond will be unfed! This is not good, so we trekked up there with pickaxe, shovels, heavy iron bar, and chainsaw. What a job! But we got it running much better, and hopefully will be able to move the two deadfalls once they thaw and we can get up there with the tractor to pull them off the water. The thaw has begun, so the stream will be in full spate soon - we froze our hands, slipped and slid a lot (DH even fell IN the freezing water at the end - yikes!), but it was actually fun. Messy, but fun. Hot showers were enjoyed afterwards!

I hope today's exercise will be more along the lines of a very ladylike Pilates session, and maybe an episode of something amusing while on the exercise bike :sweat_smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    ❤️The time travel!!!

I too ate too much the past 2 days. Mainly healthy but servings are off. Better tracking is the issue. When I track I get it done and am on track. I do have better BMs when I eat too much though. 🙄

More walking, less shopping.

I think we're all tending to eat a bit more right now, so "More walking, less shopping" is great advice! And - even when your portions are back to normal - MORE FIBER!!

Your time travel will be the furthest back in time of the team. Hopefully there was not a plague in your year :grimace:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thought I'd share a little silly humor from my texts with husband today:

1x3942thzd3k.jpg
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Doing a quick search of the year 1758 - Noah Webster was born that year.
    Jul 24 George Washington elected to Virginia House of Burgesses representing Frederick County

First US President George Washington
This discussion has been closed.