Lauren's (OMAD) one meal a day journey

Options
Hi all, Lauren here , I thought I'd start my own journey on here to help me track my progress and keep me motivated to lose some pounds . This is day one of my one meal a day journey and I'm soooo excited to start this journey with you all, I want to put my meal pictures up throughout each day , put positive quotes to motivate me and help motivate others. My starting weight isn't that much at 122.8 pounds and 5 ft 5, but I'm only trying to get to 110 pounds as that's always been my target goal, my main reason for starting this is just to stop my daily binges and the obsession I have for chocolate at the moment :'), can't think of anything else to put at the moment as I'm new to all of this but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it . Thank you all, and I wish you all the best with your weight loss journeys or if your doing it for any other reason πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Β«13456789

Replies

• Loxxia_Xenalia
    Loxxia_Xenalia Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    f1qsm8ucn9kr.png
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Lauren! I look forward to sharing in your journey. Both OMAD and this group are great.
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Thank you soooo much :') , this seems like an amazing and supportive community 😊
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren ---glad you are here!
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Thank you soooo much :') I'm glad to be a part of your amazing community πŸ€—
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Lauren!!! We're a lil family here and we're happy happy to help you with your journey <3 Just let us know where we can help :)
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Thank you soooo much πŸ€—, you all seem so lovely , I'm already getting cravings for food but I'm just staying away from kitchen , trying my best πŸ˜‚, thank you I appreciate it 😊
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thank you soooo much πŸ€—, you all seem so lovely , I'm already getting cravings for food but I'm just staying away from kitchen , trying my best πŸ˜‚, thank you I appreciate it 😊

Caffeine, lots of liquids (we are BIG proponents of HYDRATION round herrrrrr), and keeping busy is my best suggestion <3 I never do it, but I worked out yest and that squashed some of my cravings too though it'd probably be MY last resort of desperation LMAO :D
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Water does help a lot :) yha I've found keeping myself busy or doing some sort of exercise has kept my cravings at bay , I guess my body is used to eating three meals a day rather than the one , so just going to take some time for my body to adjust πŸ˜ƒ, thank you for the wonderful tips 😊, they are most useful in my time of need πŸ˜‚ hows your OMAD going so far? :')
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yes, there's an adjustment - after a while it'll feel VERY unnatural to eat outside your window...I don't even THINK about food until a few hours before my window (USUALLY! This damn quarantine has been fu*king with my head LOL).

How's my OMAD today or in general?
    My OMAD today is NOT! LOL - Fasting today :)
    My OMAD in general is AMAZING! I've been in maintenance forrrrrrrrr almost a year? Like 9-10 months? I hit goal May of 19 :) All OMAD, nothing cray cray added other than extended fasts which are TOTALLY optional depending on your preference - I'm just the kinda person that would rather add a day or two of full fasting to eat GIANT meals during my weekend OMAD - so tinker with it, figure out what you LIKE and what's sustainable for YOU!!!

Feel free to go through my journey! I've only had one thread since the very beginning back in 17 so you can see the full transformation :)

• LadyBlanks
    Options
    I love OMAD and have great results with it when I stay on track. If you look through my number of threads you will see times where I strayed and it cost me time and some weight gain. You will have times when you slip up but you must not let them get to you; just recognize it happened and get back to OMAD without any guilt. During this troubled time, some of us are struggling but we will prevail because OMAD does work and we have great friends on this tread to encourage and sometimes give us some needed tough love.

A lot of what we think is physical hunger is just mental hunger that will subside quickly if we just find something to keep our minds off it and once it is gone, it was as if it never happened.

You are going to do great Lauren. Wishing you a successful day 1. You've got this!!! :)
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Yes, there's an adjustment - after a while it'll feel VERY unnatural to eat outside your window...I don't even THINK about food until a few hours before my window (USUALLY! This damn quarantine has been fu*king with my head LOL).

How's my OMAD today or in general?
    My OMAD today is NOT! LOL - Fasting today :)
    My OMAD in general is AMAZING! I've been in maintenance forrrrrrrrr almost a year? Like 9-10 months? I hit goal May of 19 :) All OMAD, nothing cray cray added other than extended fasts which are TOTALLY optional depending on your preference - I'm just the kinda person that would rather add a day or two of full fasting to eat GIANT meals during my weekend OMAD - so tinker with it, figure out what you LIKE and what's sustainable for YOU!!!

Feel free to go through my journey! I've only had one thread since the very beginning back in 17 so you can see the full transformation :)

That's good to hear then :) I'm glad it gets easier , that's really good to hear 😊 yha it doesn't help being indoors whilst doing OMAD just best to try and stay busy or focused , hope your safe and well over where you are πŸ€—
    I meant in general haha :') , that's really good , you must have good willpower to be able to fast , bet fasting must feel really good and have great benefits overall πŸ˜„, that's so good , well done you , must be so proud , to maintain for nearly a year as well is brilliant achievement :) , bet it must feel soooo good to finally reach your goal , yha that's understandable I bet extended fasts means you can eat more foods what you enjoy , wow that's amazing again a big well done πŸ˜„πŸ€—πŸ˜Š
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    I love OMAD and have great results with it when I stay on track. If you look through my number of threads you will see times where I strayed and it cost me time and some weight gain. You will have times when you slip up but you must not let them get to you; just recognize it happened and get back to OMAD without any guilt. During this troubled time, some of us are struggling but we will prevail because OMAD does work and we have great friends on this tread to encourage and sometimes give us some needed tough love.

A lot of what we think is physical hunger is just mental hunger that will subside quickly if we just find something to keep our minds off it and once it is gone, it was as if it never happened.

You are going to do great Lauren. Wishing you a successful day 1. You've got this!!! :)

That's good to hear :) , it's okay to go off track some days , well done to staying on track though, should be proud of how far you've come πŸ€—, yha I think there the times I'm going to struggle but every day is a new day to start again right :') , it's always good to have a nice community that helps you keep on track and to motivate you with support and encouragement 😊, yha I've had that a bit today where I thought I was hungry , had some water and I felt much better :) , thank you soooo much , yha today I've just had a few cravings but I've staggered on :')
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    A quick update from yesterday ,,,,

I forgot to take a picture of my meal but I'll take one today ,,,, I had a healthy alternative pizza and chips it feels so much better making your own pizza with your own toppings and cooking it , obviously had to add cheese for extra calories πŸ˜‰ ,,,,

I also had a snack ,,,, I caved and had a few digestive biscuits but I definitely didn't indulge and eat as much chocolate so that's good πŸ˜†

My weigh in days are only going to be Mondays so we'll see what the scale says on Monday πŸ˜‚, don't like weighing myself daily as it becomes an obsession and I don't want to get discouraged over fluctuations.

• Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    u3k7bwnm8jqm.png
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Love the quote....so inspiring!
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options

Hi there and a warm welcome <3

Thank you sooooo much πŸ€—
  • Loxxia_Xenalia
    Options
    Love the quote....so inspiring!

It's one of my favourite quotes 😊, I love motivational quotes always seems to help me stay on track πŸ’™
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    It is not only motivational but oh so true. Thanks for posting, I will be heeding its wisdom.