Replies

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen 790
    March week 4
    PW. 168.4
    CW 169.7
    Haven't been too focused. I also am a bit unwell with a cold, so stopping exercise until I'm over it.
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @Kenyaa3
    March Week 4
    PW:255.2
    CW:257.6

I just can’t seem to get it together. Working from home is not good for me. Gonna try my best to get back on track. My sister and I started walking this week so that’s a start. Hope all is well with everyone.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    March Week 4
    PW: 158.8
    CW: 159.2
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Allright everyone...it's FRIDAY. This has been a week. But we are all still here and we are all doing our best. That is all we can do right now. It's day to day. Focus on the things you can control; healthy foods, moving your body, drinking water, soft textures, nice light, a clean home, making your bed, reading or watching feel good things, abiding by the rules of social distancing so all people can be safe.

It is likely several of us have Covid 19 and it may be presenting as a cold, fever, muscle aches, tiredness, etc. I have had a low grade fever and chest tightness since Sunday; I had a virtual appointment with my doctor and don't qualify for a test. (I am in the United States.) So, my big focus is rest-mental and physical.
    If you can, tell us what you are doing to feel good and stay healthy.

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @fe45243
    @keepingtrack1234
    @Hsurbhi
    @Kimlp20
    @Lindewey
    @zengen09

Please post using this template:
    Username
    March Week 4
    PW:
    CW:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    keepingtrack1234
    March Week 4
    PW: 137.8
    CW:139
    I am fine with this; it's a more sustainable weight for me.
    I am sick and my body is likely retaining water, etc. It's possible that last Friday I was dehydrated.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,353 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all of you who are not feeling well. The most important thing I do is my essential oils. I take several different immune boosters daily. I seem to pick up a cold once a year around fall time, but otherwise, I stay healthy all year.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 27
    Exercised: Yes (7.5 km walk in 67 mins - hills)
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Challenging walk again. Less people today, only saw 8 the entire walk.

Daughter is now in care for a week. Hopefully this gives her support. It should also give my wife a break.

I hope everyone can stay well and safe.
  • lindewey
    lindewey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lindewey
    March week 4
    PW 190.1
    CW 188.3
  • zengen09
    zengen09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    zengen09
    March Week 4
    PW: 228.3
    CW: 229.7

I've been adjusting to working out with online videos and walking/jogging outside since my gym closed. I'd rather be doing my usual gym routine but I'm still making sure I work out. Been eating unhealthy for dinner and dessert this week. I'm planning to get back on track tomorrow with food. Stay healthy and/or feel better everyone!
  • craigo3154
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 28
    Exercised: Yes (7.5 km walk in 65 mins - hills)

Challenging walk again. More people out today.

Daughter is doing OK in respite. Long conversation with her this evening, working out plan for beyond care.

Got to play Mario Kart wii with friends this evening. Set up a network connection and each could play in their own home. Required some fancy game console hacking, but I am no stranger to IT security. Had not done that for years.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    allietuge
    March week 4
    PW 162.1
    CW 164.0

Ate horribly all week and still trying to get in the groove of home workouts.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    March week 4

PW 167
    CW 163.8
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Yes, the scale means a lot to me but today for the first time in I can't remember when I actually looked at myself in the mirror. Yes I do look at my face everyday but never below the neck but today I forced myself to look. I have a self body image disorder. I avoid all mirrors. I refuse to look at myself in pictures or allow anyone to take a picture of me. I get very depressed when pictures get posted on social media if I am in them. There has been many times I have asked people to remove the posting which is very difficult to do because they always need an explanation. I always hear, "you look fine or that isn't a bad picture" but in my mind its horrible and depressing. Since I started this journey in Jan 2019 I have lost a little over 106 pounds, I know that's awesome and believe me I worked very hard and will have to work just as hard to keep it off. But when I do look in the mirror I just wish I could see how I look now, I only see how I looked over 106 pounds ago. I keep hearing I'm crazy for feeling this way but I can't get out of my own head. My goal is to lose another 14 pounds and it's sad that I will still be considered overweight in the eyes of the medical world but with the starting weight of 270 pounds, today at 163.8 and the my goal of 150 it will need to be overweight. Im nearly 5 feet tall and I will never be able to reach what is considered normal weight. Thanks for letting me get my words out, I really need it.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Yes, the scale means a lot to me but today for the first time in I can't remember when I actually looked at myself in the mirror. Yes I do look at my face everyday but never below the neck but today I forced myself to look. I have a self body image disorder. I avoid all mirrors. I refuse to look at myself in pictures or allow anyone to take a picture of me. I get very depressed when pictures get posted on social media if I am in them. There has been many times I have asked people to remove the posting which is very difficult to do because they always need an explanation. I always hear, "you look fine or that isn't a bad picture" but in my mind its horrible and depressing. Since I started this journey in Jan 2019 I have lost a little over 106 pounds, I know that's awesome and believe me I worked very hard and will have to work just as hard to keep it off. But when I do look in the mirror I just wish I could see how I look now, I only see how I looked over 106 pounds ago. I keep hearing I'm crazy for feeling this way but I can't get out of my own head. My goal is to lose another 14 pounds and it's sad that I will still be considered overweight in the eyes of the medical world but with the starting weight of 270 pounds, today at 163.8 and the my goal of 150 it will need to be overweight. Im nearly 5 feet tall and I will never be able to reach what is considered normal weight. Thanks for letting me get my words out, I really need it.

WOW! What an amazing accomplishment! I am so proud of you! Give yourself grace...grace...you deserve it. This isn't about weight or our bodies. This is about self-acceptance and self-love, which is the hardest thing in the world. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Take gentle care tonight.
  • matthewsfive
    Options

WOW! What an amazing accomplishment! I am so proud of you! Give yourself grace...grace...you deserve it. This isn't about weight or our bodies. This is about self-acceptance and self-love, which is the hardest thing in the world. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Take gentle care tonight.

Thank you for you kind words
  • craigo3154
    Options

@matthewsfive. Thank you so much for posting.

First let me say this is nothing short of incredible. You are an amazing person and you have accomplished something you have every reason to be proud of. Even if you do not lose another pound.

Something no one ever tells you about losing weight is how long it takes your self image to change. Without A LOT of work it never really does. For example, I reduced my weight by 30% in 2018 (200->140 lbs). In 2020, at times, the self-image I carry of myself is almost the same as when I was overweight and unfit (I am still 140 lbs). This is despite knowing I am over 60 pounds lighter.

This is part of the reason progress photos are SO IMPORTANT. They become a non-subjective way to SEE how much you have changed. They help you see AND ACCEPT what you have accomplished.

One thing that is important is to discard any clothing from when you were a lot heaver, except for one item that you will never wear again. By having completely different clothes it helps you break the old image of who you were in your day to day life.

I understand you are still working on reducing further, but the mind, as well as the body needs to change. This is the reason for the wardrobe change even while in transition.

The mirror, unfortunately, is a "now" image with no past reference image to compare changes to. Your mental "before" image gets re-remembered as similar to your now image and objective comparison becomes impossible.

So the second important thing is take a progress photo. This is for you and you alone. Promise yourself that you will not disclose it. (This is so you can take the photo in the first place. Without the promise to self to keep it secret you never will take it). Our brain never registers small day-to-day changes, but when we compare snapshots taken across large timeframes you can start to REALLY see and ACCEPT changes.

Keep being amazing.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 29
    Exercised: Yes (3.5 km walk in 33 mins - hills)

Challenging walk, but shorter. Had an online drone race to attend (local club - cannot fly at field due to restrictions. So held event via simulator).

Tired so early bed.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    [/quote]

@matthewsfive. Thank you so much for posting.

First let me say this is nothing short of incredible. You are an amazing person and you have accomplished something you have every reason to be proud of. Even if you do not lose another pound.

Something no one ever tells you about losing weight is how long it takes your self image to change. Without A LOT of work it never really does. For example, I reduced my weight by 30% in 2018 (200->140 lbs). In 2020, at times, the self-image I carry of myself is almost the same as when I was overweight and unfit (I am still 140 lbs). This is despite knowing I am over 60 pounds lighter.

This is part of the reason progress photos are SO IMPORTANT. They become a non-subjective way to SEE how much you have changed. They help you see AND ACCEPT what you have accomplished.

One thing that is important is to discard any clothing from when you were a lot heaver, except for one item that you will never wear again. By having completely different clothes it helps you break the old image of who you were in your day to day life.

I understand you are still working on reducing further, but the mind, as well as the body needs to change. This is the reason for the wardrobe change even while in transition.

The mirror, unfortunately, is a "now" image with no past reference image to compare changes to. Your mental "before" image gets re-remembered as similar to your now image and objective comparison becomes impossible.

So the second important thing is take a progress photo. This is for you and you alone. Promise yourself that you will not disclose it. (This is so you can take the photo in the first place. Without the promise to self to keep it secret you never will take it). Our brain never registers small day-to-day changes, but when we compare snapshots taken across large timeframes you can start to REALLY see and ACCEPT changes.

Keep being amazing.[/quote]

Thank you too much

This discussion has been closed.