MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Anxiety sucks. I do find that just feeling it is easier than running from it. Usually my anxiety covers deeper fears. So I will sometimes write about it, and just feel how scared I am, which is hard, but then I usually feel better. So that is kind of like letting it float by....I might try one of those dance videos tomorrow if I get ambitious.

@trooworld how is your little dog doing?

@katmary71 I couldn't buy produce boxes like that, I think it would go bad before I got to it all. One thing with this pandemic- I am more careful about not letting food go to waste.

Well last night I had a couple drinks so today I was pretty lazy. I did some work, and I did a full 40 minutes of mobility work with the foam roller, lacrosse ball, and some mobility exercises. I focussed mainly on upper body- back (thoracic spine), shoulders, and lats. I always say when exercising my shoulders are like- snap, crackle, pop, you know when you move them around.

I had abit of a setback with my achilles, I thought I was being careful because I was just walking but I walked for an hour on a hilly route, and it was too much. So it's sore. I'm going to give it some extra rest.

Well and then because I had a couple of drinks last night I'm over calories because I also ate too much. I ate bc I was hungry, but I was way over. This is really old habits for me that I had pretty much overcome before the pandemic. I think partly I'm disappointed, but partly I feel like- I told myself I was going to stay in a maintenance window so maybe it's okay. Bah.

Tomorrow I will be on the phone most of the day for work but I will try to squeeze in a core workout and maybe another mobility session focussing on hips and lower body
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda, outside work is great exercise! I hope to get out on Friday and wash all the pollen from our patio furniture. It will be a good workout and I will be able to sit outside and not get covered in yellow. Congrats on nailing how to post a quote. :grin:

@trooworld, how is your dog? Your dinner sounds great! I really should use my IP more than I do. I mostly use it to cook my dog chicken and to boil eggs. :)

@raleighgirl09, girl!! You are sooo funny! Making out with your pimento cheese! :D:D Although truth be told I have been known to have a full-on affair with all forms of cheese and it’s always cheating on me and my butt pays the price. I don’t have a problem with nighttime snacking anymore since I started IF but my afternoon strolls through the kitchen have to stop!! :o I think I will do what you are doing and go ahead and plan my snack. It’s NOT like I’m going to refrain or something sensible like that. :p

@Katmary71, I think there is a mixture of Georgians who want us to get back to life and a lot of us who are scared and think it is too soon. I keep wavering both ways and mostly plan to continue sheltering in place and watching to see what happens. Those videos look like so much fun! :)

@its_cleo, YES!! We can’t let that other team win! Your participation is appreciated. :grin:

@trolong1308, yayyyy for losing this week!! B)

Hey Team! I have to admit to a very lazy day. And that is saying a lot since I've been stuck in the house for over a month now. I did do a good workout this morning and I've been having this nagging pain in my right shoulder and my DH thinks that it's more of a joint pain and not muscle. So, I need to stop pushing through the pain and give it a rest. I will still do weights that don't affect it and see if that helps. I also had a nice long conversation with a girlfriend today. She is hilarious and we always have fun and miss hanging out. Soon we hope! :) Tomorrow is my weekly staff meeting so I get to get dressed and leave the house. I might even make a real event and go to Aldis too. I need more sparkling water! :smiley:
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (3/25): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/1): 197.4
    Check in weight (4/8): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/15): 200.6
    Check in weight (4/22): 200.6

The desire to snack is real. I'm at the date for a double whammy of my due date for my botox (migraine treatment) AND my monthly injections for my migraines. It's all I can think to attribute this constant craving for almost anything. Still trying. I've been getting more walking in. Not yet to my small goal, but more than I have been.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Yeah I signed up for fitrockr and fitbit and now I have to figure out how to pair them.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo yay, glad you're signed up, I hope you got synced! Don't give yourself too hard of a time today, it sounds to me like you're still doing well at staying active, a few drinks isn't bad in the overall picture. I'm sorry to hear about your Achilles acting up again, it's frustrating not being able to do what you want or thinking you're doing better and hit a roadblock. As far as produce waste, I basically plan my meals around what produce goes bad next. That's what was driving me crazy about Imperfect Produce, the first few days I'd use up things like kale and zuchinni then would discover potatoes sprouted. That's NOT how it works!

I'm having real bad internet problems so I can't comment on everything, just want to say there's actually such thing as too much hummus? Pass it to me! I used to come home and eat cans of garbanzo beans with a spoon as a kid, love them in everything!

Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- 30 minutes marching video (will post), Shaun T Day 3 challenge (awesome!), internet crashed so I did what I recalled of my fav arm weight and core exercises for about 45 minutes, dance, yoga, foam rolling. Does foam rolling count as exercise, it feels too good?
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- 2/1
    Yoga/core- done
    Recipe- counting the pickled ginger. OMG, I had some of my frozen berries tonight for dessert and mixed in a tablespoon of the picked ginger slivers and juice, it was so good I can't believe I didn't eat more! I'm saving the other half of the berries for tomorrow night's dessert and will do the same thing. It would REALLY be good on vanilla ice cream.
    10,000 steps- 15,000

Spent half the day at the dentist's office in the city as I lost a filling last week then he was willing to do some more work I needed done. Between lines and not having options I could eat with a numb face I settled for a Diet Pepsi Big Gulp over fast food for the drive home. It never dawned on me how little "mushy" food I have, just oatmeal, canned soup, beans, and protein drinks, the rest is fruit and veg.

Anyhow, discovered a new "walking" instructor. I like Leslie Sansone but have "juiced the joints" and "raised my hand to God" so many times in the last weeks doing all her videos multiple times that I've been trying other walkers and have now done all of them too, I'm glad I found a new one! There's some new moves, I still added light weights to it to make it a better workout but recommend it for those of you that walk:https://youtu.be/u_VxrFeyiEs
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username - bethanie-825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 232
    Current 233

I'm over it. Intermittent fasting, more water and less caffeine, more moving than ever. And I still gained a pound. I'm tired of being stalled. I'm tired of the same 2-4 pound every week. I'm just over it right now :/:|
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo Thanks for asking! He's doing much better on the mend. :)

@TeresaW1020 He's on his way to being his old cantankerous self lol. Thanks for asking. He's really doing much better. Well, at least you use your IP for something! ;) Sounds like a lazy day is just what you needed. Enjoy the staff meeting and good luck at Aldis!

@Katmary71 Thanks for the new video recommendation! Leslie is great but a break from her would be nice.

Hello everyone! I'm going to brave the outside world today and actually...LEAVE THE HOUSE! I never leave the house but I need to go for groceries. I'm going to two grocery stores, I have to go to the Asian grocery store for ingredients to make my Vegetable Tom Yum soup and then the International market to get my regular groceries. I'm going first thing when they open so there won't be very many people. Yesterday I did do a Leslie video, I did it as soon as I dropped my husband off at work. I think that was smart to do. Otherwise, I would have made excuses as to why I couldn't do it.

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: possibly a rest day but possibly a YouTube video of some sort, 52+ oz of water.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Check-in - Wednesday Report
    Good day 🟢
    Especially happy calories were on track. Tuesday I was over by a bit -- I didn't exercise at the usual time (I had planned to exercise early... and didn't), and then family time seemed especially needed, so I took a deep breath and went to bed in the red. Okay, but I wanted to be sure to be back on track on Wednesday.
    Also a yay to exercise variety! @Katmary71 , I did two things that you found - THANK you! I did a Jenny Ford platform video, and the time flew by. I also did a Cummings weights and cardio workout - whee! I have to make modifications, but was so happy to do anything with my found-and-dusted-off weights.

Wednesday Report
    Calories: 🟢 on target; all good, on-plan choices. Hurray!
    Exercise: 🟢 Jenny Ford platform video (THANK you @Katmary71 and a Sansone walking video; plus weight lifting with Sidney Cummings (I found some hand weights! And am using them!)
    Water: 🟢
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Other Goals
    - 10K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video 🟢
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Activity Calorie Burn (stretch goal) - 1000+ 🟢 (FitRockr says 1907 total; not sure that makes sense, but I set this goal up to see if I could move up a level in FitRockr, so going to take it that yesterday's exercise was enough to have me move up)

Thursday Goals
    - Another platform workout! Weights!
    - 10K steps
    - Stretching - Classical Stretch for foam roller series
    - Dancing - catch up on all the great dancing posts in this thread and DO at least one!
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - FitRockr - get over 75 Activity Points today
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Check in Thursday
    PW: (4/16) 166.4
    CW: (4/23) 164.8
    Very happy about this :smile:
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in (23Apr2020)
    Previous weight: 182.7
    Current weight: 183.8 (boo-hiss)

So - at the risk of saying something very close to 'the dryer shrunk my pants,' I have to say that I don't really trust this scale. I have a Fitbit scale in Raleigh but here at the coast I have a cheapie digital one. I find I have to kinda trick it in order to not get the same weight every day (I stayed the same, down to the decimal, for 4 days running and thought.....nah, not likely) by getting on while holding something and then stripping down to skin and getting back on to see what is closer to my usual morning type weight. But this morning the scale had me at a 5 pound gain - which is not the above, that was yesterday's weight; I'm calling it for the sake of today's weigh in.

And just to be transparent, I do believe I've gained some weight and I'll take that lump but I also want to be realistic and not buy some crap off of that slacker scale....not enough monopoly money in the world for that!

Have had a good day - sleep, water, exercise, food, mood.....it's all on target. => Dug a trench for the wheel on a big gate and helped hubs pour in concrete so that we can much more easily open and close the gate. Anxiety started out kinda loud but has quieted, that is surely the best win of the day.

@its_cleo I sometimes have trouble wrangling in the eating if I have a drink - and I can usually skip a few days fr a drink and find that helpful but the last couple of weeks I have only skipped sporadically. Next time I do, I'm going to pay attention to my energy level and see if there is something there like you feel, maybe less energy if I have a couple of drinks - would be interesting to see!
    @TeresaW1020 gurl - just remember (like I did not) that if ya plan it, it's good to go ahead and have it and not frget you planned healthy bran cereal with almond milk and follow the hubs into the kitchen for a spoonful of peanut butter!!!1 Wait - whut? Oh....maybe that was me and I shouldn't project....sheesh. =>
    @leonadixon h yes - the urge to snack is SO REAL!! Working to avoid that for me, tonight, I'm with ya. My fingers and toes are crossed for your small goal for today! I had a pal who did the botox for migraines and it helped her a whole lot....I hope it's as good for you and that it offers staying relief to the next batch.
    @AustinRuadhain gah - I remember the feeling of red (oh no!!) and it's really in yer face the way MFP does it. => Good on ya for having a great day right behind it!! I prefer to exercise early and I don't like it when something happens to delay it and then....time just slips on by. But family time is so important, especially these days, it's not a bad trade-ff from time to time!
    @gwamajtw91 what an amazing weigh in - I am so happy for you, way to go!!
    @bethanie0825 hang in there and keep doing the right things!! It is hard - you have come a long way and all the good efforts will prove themselves over the long haul
    @Cornanda here's is what it is like for me to just let anxiety play out. I usually feel it in my stomach before I realize I'm anxious - I used to get kinda worried or worked up over that and it didn't make it better, especially if I told myself there was no reason for it. So now I just focus on the physical feeling, and think about why I might feel that way but then I turn my thoughts to something else - and the anxiety thoughts will come and go but I don't worry those, I just acknowledge them and move on to other thoughts. It also helps to work on something that may need to be done or take a walk or do some stretching. I actively do not push the thoughts away, I just give them a nod and move on to another thought and when they come back.....give them a nod and move on. I know this sounds very hippy-dippy but it is helping. I haven't had such an anxious period for a couple of years, the last was almost a year long when 3 friends passed away within months of each other, jobs changed for me and hubs in that time and we bought a house. I certainly did enjoy the quieter period and I believe it will calm down again... => Just gotta let it play out.
    @Katmary71 Thanks for the new walking video, I did that today! I think I'll try another kind tomorrow - something about this caused some knee soreness, not entirely sure why, the dancing doesn't. Anyway, I'll come back to this one in a few days - I can see why you would want to switch them up, just for the sake of variety!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in (23Apr2020) (so sorry - I meant week 4!!!
    Previous weight: 182.7
    Current weight: 183.8 (boo-hiss) (yeah - but this is still accurate)!!
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 well with the drinks and energy level- if I have so much as one drink it effects my sleep. So I'm never 100 % the next day, it's just of course a matter of how much I'm off....but this week I had more than 1 lol.

I can't seem to join the Slimpossibles group on fitrockr team. I know there was a link here and I'll find it but been working all day. Will try tomorrow
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    3gjj4ut6d5gc.jpg

Happy Monday, Slimpossibles Step Challengers!

As we start this new week, our Step Challenge for last week is being closed. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

The results for last week will be finalized, and we'll post winners tomorrow!

P.S. Not in on the Step Challenge but wish you were? Feel free to join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up!

@its_cleo here you are - I dug up this post from @AustinRuadhain, maybe this is what you wanted to see fr FitRockr?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimpossibles!

It is time to start to build up our teams a bit in preparation for the May challenge. F2F needs new members! Your team is in pretty good shape, but we hope you can help recruit some new challengers for both yours and some of the other teams as well. Spread the word on message boards, among your non-MFP friends, and wherever you can.

The May registration is at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10793488/f2f-may-2020-registration/p1?new=1

It is also good to suggest that people look around our general site and the teams.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

If they have a team preference, they should say so on the registration thread.

Thanks for you help! You all are amazing :heart:
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Dance Video!

Ok, so here's one that seems good - I will be free stylin' it in several places. Is anyone else seriously challenged to get the steps/moves right???? Ha! My resolution is to just freestyle until I can figure it out! Onward and upward!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfdy5AahM4M
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Oh no, I'm sorry your weight is bouncing around right now, it's so frustrating when you're doing everything right! Are you making too many changes at once? Sometimes the numbers just don't make sense even though the data says you should be losing.

@trooworld How were the grocery stores? I've been wanting to go to the Asian market! I keep talking myself into only going to one store when I go shopping to lessen exposure but I sure miss stopping at Trader Joe's or Sprouts! If you say what types of videos you like we can post recommendations. I found two Body Project videos that were new to me today and another of those walking ones, love Body Project HIIT.

@AustinRuadhain Yay, glad you liked them! First thing I thought of when I saw Jenny had step videos was you! Then I wondered if my old stepper was around anywhere but I'm positive I got rid of it when I moved. I'm glad you're able to use your weights! I struggle a bit with Sidney Cummings weights as mine aren't very heavy, especially for leg exercises. Not her fault but my equipment. I get to use my new mini resistant bands though!

@raleighgirl09 Oh cool, I've done one of hers before but this one is new to me. Getting steps right? I can't even stand on one leg without falling! Anything jumping I instantly modify and make my own filler. I've found doing arms and legs separately in the beginning at hard parts helps. That hip hop video and belly dancing I really had to do a body part at a time. You can also slow down the videos on YouTube under the setting button, that thing is needed with Fitness Marshall! I know I don't look anything like the dancers, there's one where you move in a circle swiveling your hips and whipping your arm over your head. I caught myself in the TV reflection and was mortified, a 90-year-old in a retirement home with a cane would move better than I do! I definitely don't look as sexy as the 20-year-old dancers in the videos! I still feel kind of anxious when I start a new dance but kind of force myself to do it, they're so fun once the moves are down.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in

Calories- under
    Exercise- Marching Live with Jenny, 2 Body Project low impact HIIT, Sidney Cummings glutes and legs, Sidney Cummings ab resistance bands 5 minutes, yoga, foam rolling, plank
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30- done
    Weights- 2/2
    Yoga/core- done
    Recipe- going to probably try turkey kuftas tomorrow
    10,000 steps- at 18,000
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4