MUAC: 3 of 6days
    Water Intake: 4 of 6days
    Steps: 5 of 6days
    I.F.(16:8): 3 of 6days
    MFP 5week prediction: 157.1
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

sheet/pan veggies should still work with frozen veggies! You just throw whatever mix of veggies you want in a bowl(I like green beans, onion, tomato, green/red/orange pepper, eggplant, summer squash/zucchini), toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, etc. Spread it out on a foil covered cookie sheet, and throw in the oven at ~375 for 40-50 minutes. You can also cook up ground sausage(or cut up cooked links) and throw it in with the veggies to give it even more flavor. I have to say it tastes better with the sausage!

Christine - I 200% agree. Roasted veggies are the best. I start with sweet potatoes and carrots. They are harder veggies and need an extra 7 minutes. Then I throw on my softer vegetables- onions, zucchini, summer squash, green beans and bell peppers. I use olive oil and pepper for seasoning, though I’ll throw on a little Italian Seasoning if I want a bit extra flavor. But I’ve found that the oven roasting makes everything so sweet and carmelized that they don’t really need much. And yes - adding some chicken sausage (Trader Joe’s has lots of choices) makes it a delicious healthy meal.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Week 4
    Saturday 04/25/2020
    PW 250
    TW 244

Portion portion portion!!! Hope i can stick with it. Biggest change ive made is to reduce my portions, I always ate till full now working hard on listening to my body and stop eating when ive had enough. Sometimes a daily challenge, but ill keep working on it!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Week 4
    Saturday 04/25/2020
    PW 250
    TW 244

Portion portion portion!!! Hope i can stick with it. Biggest change ive made is to reduce my portions, I always ate till full now working hard on listening to my body and stop eating when ive had enough. Sometimes a daily challenge, but ill keep working on it!

Wow!!! Clearly it’s working for you. Great week 🎉🎊🎖
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Week 4
    Saturday 04/25/2020
    PW 250
    TW 244

@GuessimGryffindor fabulous work this week!!! You really pushed yourself this week!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »

sheet/pan veggies should still work with frozen veggies! You just throw whatever mix of veggies you want in a bowl(I like green beans, onion, tomato, green/red/orange pepper, eggplant, summer squash/zucchini), toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, etc. Spread it out on a foil covered cookie sheet, and throw in the oven at ~375 for 40-50 minutes. You can also cook up ground sausage(or cut up cooked links) and throw it in with the veggies to give it even more flavor. I have to say it tastes better with the sausage!

Christine - I 200% agree. Roasted veggies are the best. I start with sweet potatoes and carrots. They are harder veggies and need an extra 7 minutes. Then I throw on my softer vegetables- onions, zucchini, summer squash, green beans and bell peppers. I use olive oil and pepper for seasoning, though I’ll throw on a little Italian Seasoning if I want a bit extra flavor. But I’ve found that the oven roasting makes everything so sweet and carmelized that they don’t really need much. And yes - adding some chicken sausage (Trader Joe’s has lots of choices) makes it a delicious healthy meal.

@simbersea hmmmm! Sweet potato! I also need to find a good chicken sausage! I'm not sure how far away Trader Joe's is from me, but I will have to check it out! :)
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »

@simbersea hmmmm! Sweet potato! I also need to find a good chicken sausage! I'm not sure how far away Trader Joe's is from me, but I will have to check it out! :)

OK... yall making these roasted veggies sound really good! Enough veggies has always been a weak spot for me, especially cooked they get mushy and just no. But yall have inspired me to give roasting a go.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    So, I ended up *not* roasting veggies for my lunch, and played around with eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. I ate two of these for my lunch, and it has left me pretty full! I need to change it a little next time, the eggplant was a little too watery!

45g85fjcovpb.jpg
    b7rz19t6aqiz.jpg

Tonight will be a mixed veggie and tilapia dinner(and maybe another one of these babies as another side!), and I will be cutting up veggies for roasting, tomorrow!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/25/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 20) - Dirty 30 (30 Minutes) and Lower Fix (30 minutes)
    Water: 120oz
    Steps: 5,447 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✖
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

Tomorrow is my last day of the 21 Day Fix! Just one yoga session to complete! :) I will be posting in the new May page, starting tomorrow!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

4/25
    Weigh in:

PW: 122.5
    CW: 124.3

🍰, a bit too many pieces of cake/ pie/ brownies and chocolate this week for breakfast lunch AND dinner , oops 🙁, off to try again with portion control this week.

Thankfully it was sunny and 50’s today so I took advantage of the beautiful weather ! We had rain , sleet and snow this past week, crazy weather pattern near Lake Erie !
    Happy Saturday everyone 🙂
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Week 4 Pulse check: Who's still present and accounted for? Let's pull in together and finish April strong!!ahyx8w8dffa8.jpg

I am here, but this month has been a absolute struggle for me. I have been super busy. I am in a food rut. I ran out of low cal balanced ideas. The produce at the store lately has been crap. So I have resorted to comfort foods and my weight shot straight up.
    I can tell it has an impact on my mood as well.

I am trying today to get back to planning and staying away from the Doritos. Everytime this happens I feel like I should quit because I am not helping the team to be the biggest loser and I haven't been a good co captain or cheerleader for the team. But tbeing on the team helps me remember to get back up.

Brandi, I am so grateful for all your help in keeping us on track! It's a lot of work, but it is most appreciated. This is a difficult time right now but I know you can get back in the swing of things...just one day at a time.

@richmondwriter Thank you.
    I am looking forward to starting the new month and getting back on track.
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Monday 4/20
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 40 min lower body strength and HIIT
    Water: 72oz

Tues 4/21
    Exercise: 35min Upper body and cardio

Wed 4/22
    Exercise: 52 min HIIT and core

Thurs 4/23
    Exercise: 52 min Upper body and 21 min walk with stroller
    Water: 96oz

Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: April- week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 169.5
    Todays Weight: 171.0

Ugh, not sure what happened. I feel like my workouts have been spot on, but I know my sugar has been on the high side even though I'm within my calories. Definitely was not expecting to gain a pound and a half.

I feel like we're in a good flow with home schooling. Now we just need to survive the next 4 weeks. There's light at the end of the tunnel, at least for that.

You have been doing all the right things. This fluctuation is not unusual. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will pay off soon!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    So, I ended up *not* roasting veggies for my lunch, and played around with eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. I ate two of these for my lunch, and it has left me pretty full! I need to change it a little next time, the eggplant was a little too watery!

45g85fjcovpb.jpg
    b7rz19t6aqiz.jpg

Tonight will be a mixed veggie and tilapia dinner(and maybe another one of these babies as another side!), and I will be cutting up veggies for roasting, tomorrow!

These look delicious! Very healthy meal planning.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Sat. weigh-in (sorry a day late):
    PW: 142
    CW: 142.6 - :(
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Sat. weigh-in (sorry a day late):
    PW: 142
    CW: 142.6 - :(

@richmondwriter no worries-at least you still posted your weight! Don't be down about the tiny gain this month! You WILL make May a better month! :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Sat, April25th:
    PassDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: No😥, -1043
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 40oz
    Steps: 13350
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 4 of 7days
    Water Intake: 4 of 7days
    Steps: 6 of 7days
    I.F.(16:8): 3 of 7days
    MFP 5week prediction: 158.6
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Week4 Weigh-in
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Sat, April25th
    Current week's weight:
    156lbs

This weeks summary:
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 4 of 7days
    Water Intake: 4 of 7days
    Steps: 6 of 7days
    I.F.(16:8): 3 of 7days

My ultimate goal is to complete the MUAC on a daily and I'm starting to notice that if I don't complete the water challenge or my personal Intermittent Fasting challenge, most likely I'm not staying under calories for the day. I'll keep a closer eye on this through May...

Week3: 156.5lbs
    Week2: 157.8lbs
    Week1: 158.7lbs
    April Sw: 161.4lbs
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Hi guys! It's time to move over to May! Click on this link and don't forget to Click the Star at the top so you'll get notifications when someone posts. Good luck team!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792970/team-the-big-butt-theory-may#latest
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options

4/26/2020 Weigh In
    Previous: 256
    Current: 254.6
    Loss: 1.4
This discussion has been closed.