Mon 27th April
    Tracked:
    No
    Under: No
    Exercise: No
    Water: 32oz
    Steps: 2,010

Poor start from me. I'll try harder today. :disappointed:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel that's ok! Being honest about it will bring positive changes for you! Like you said-try harder today! :)
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC 4/27/20:
    Tracked: Yes
    Exercised: Yes (painting a bathroom)

I was really determined to be under my calories all this week and didn't make it already, though was close. But I do have a plan--today I'll try to be under by the amount I was over yesterday. My goal is to track my calories every day and stay under my calorie count for May. I would like to lose four pounds for May.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Give Yourself 30 Days
    "30 days from now you're either going to be BLOWN AWAY by how much you've improved in how you look, feel and perform. OR, you're going to regret not having done your best. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

The beginning of a new month of The Biggest Loser challenge is a great time to give yourself a new goal list that you wish to accomplish in the next 30 days! I know that our team has been struggling for the past two months-some of it we have no control over! However, there ARE things we can control over this next month to become more successful during this difficult time!

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the May Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share these with us, but write them down somewhere that you will remind yourself of what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror.

None of these are perfect ideas, but they're ideas to get you on the right path! :)
    ixf6epj6wyq7.jpg

Here is my example(and my goals for this month):
    Here are my goals:
    2. 9,000 steps a day, 5 days each week.
    3. Complete 2nd round of 21 Day Fix with minimal modifications.
    4. Accurately log food/drinks for the entire month. One day a week with flexibility allowed.
    5. Lose 3 pounds.
    6. Meal prep at least 2x a week

How I will accomplish my goals:
    1. Step goal: Keep moving.
    2. 21 Day Fix: Up 2.5lbs(to 7.5lb) on dumbbells, do weight exercises completely. Modify pushups/planks as needed, but try to do as much of full exercise as possible, before turning to modification.
    3. Log all foods/drinks. Weigh food when possible.
    4. Stay dedicated. The weight will come off ONLY if I eat less than I burn. I have 100% control over this!
    5. Try meal prepping on Saturday or Sundays for the week. It will make the week much easier for you.

This is so inspiring, Christine! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi my name's Krystal(co-Captain/cheerleader)
    wife and mother to a 14-year old daughter. Florida native. I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the following 3 years I took my time to research and familiarize myself with the keto diet. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, watch the scale creep up then get back on it(I did this in conjunction with a whole-lotta keto YouTube/ Pinterest/ social media *following* of all types). By the end of 2018 I was down to 189lbs when I turned to this group I accelerated my weight loss and have had much success with the accountability here!

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself that I need to stay in this challenge to reach my goal weight of 130lbs):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge)
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July2019 SW: 155.6

**Left the TBL Challenge😥 **crickets sounding off in the distance**

Rejoined the challenge:
    Feb2020 SW: 164.8
    March2020 SW: 165
    April2020 SW: 161.4
    May2020 SW: 156

• Krysless2
    Options
    I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to all our new and returning teammates! 🤗 Please take a moment to introduce yourselves.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Hi teammates! My name is Sandra. I'm 44 and live in Scotland with my husband and my 14 year old son.
    I first joined MyFitnessPal about 9 years ago when I reached my highest weight of 191lbs. Over the next 2 years, I managed to get down to 140, only 5lbs away from my goal weight! I managed to keep the weight off for a few years, but due to life events the weight crept back on and I'm back up to 171.2 :disappointed:
    I need to get my mojo back. I know what to do, but I just can't seem to give myself the kick in the *kitten* that I need. If I've done it before, I can do it again!!!
    New goal weight is 140 or I'd even be happy with 145. My weight loss goal for May is 3-5lbs.
    I've got to do it, or I'll never feel happy in my own skin.
    I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! :naughty:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Sun 26th April
    Tracked:
    No
    Water: 8oz
    Steps: 1,325

Mon 27th April
    Tracked:
    No
    Water: 32oz
    Steps: 2,010

Poor start from me. I'll try harder today. :disappointed:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel that's ok! Being honest about it will bring positive changes for you! Like you said-try harder today! :)

thanks Christine, I am! I'm at 13,000 steps for today so far! Much better! :sunglasses:
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new here, though not to MFP. I successfully lost weight last year and it was slowly creeping back on and then WHAM! Pandemic strikes and I'm up 5 lbs in 5 weeks. :'( The loss of my gym, coupled with my husband thinking that we needed 3 months worth of cookies and chips rather than meat and frozen vegetables, has not been good. I can't seem to keep myself from going to the pantry. Hoping that this challenge will give me a boost.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    MUAC 4/27/20:

I was really determined to be under my calories all this week and didn't make it already, though was close. But I do have a plan--today I'll try to be under by the amount I was over yesterday. My goal is to track my calories every day and stay under my calorie count for May. I would like to lose four pounds for May.

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is "MUAC"? Thanks!
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    MUAC 4/27/20:

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is "MUAC"? Thanks!

brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, April 26!

• Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I feel like this meme is still very relevant! 😂

dl2ds1gmpl06.jpg

• Krysless2
    Options
    Scale Check! (please don't freight or be embarrassed to post if the scale went up! Ultimately we are all here to hold ourselves accountable as individual people!!) With that being said, we are missing the following weigh-ins:

@asha170880 Sunday
    @petrocoetsee Monday
    @sekotsjd Monday
    @smithbonnielouise740 Monday

• Krysless2
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Scale Check! (please don't freight or be embarrassed to post if the scale went up! Ultimately we are all here to hold ourselves accountable as individual people!!) With that being said, we are missing the following weigh-ins:

@asha170880 Sunday
    @petrocoetsee Monday
    @sekotsjd Monday
    @smithbonnielouise740 Monday

Lol@mytypo: freight = fret; like "don't fret my pet" 😉
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Simbersea
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 152.6

I had a great March (- 9.6lbs)
    April was a plateau month (-0.8)
    So hopefully May is the start of a good month. I have 5.6 lbs to goal. I’m not sure I can make it in May but I’m going to try. 🤞🤞🤞

I know you can do it--you've been doing a great job!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Hi teammates! My name is Sandra. I'm 44 and live in Scotland with my husband and my 14 year old son.
    I first joined MyFitnessPal about 9 years ago when I reached my highest weight of 191lbs. Over the next 2 years, I managed to get down to 140, only 5lbs away from my goal weight! I managed to keep the weight off for a few years, but due to life events the weight crept back on and I'm back up to 171.2 :disappointed:
    I need to get my mojo back. I know what to do, but I just can't seem to give myself the kick in the *kitten* that I need. If I've done it before, I can do it again!!!
    New goal weight is 140 or I'd even be happy with 145. My weight loss goal for May is 3-5lbs.
    I've got to do it, or I'll never feel happy in my own skin.
    I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! :naughty:

Hi Sandra, Welcome to our group! I know you can do this, too! You've had such great success before. My Dad was from Aberdeen. :)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge- April Week #4(Sun, April 18 to Sat, April 26)

Winner's Circle
    @cmhubbard92 (6)
    @thedestar (6)

Awesome week!

Notable Effort:- 4 or 5 days
    @krysless2 (4)

Attempted: 1-3 days
    @jmalderman (2)
    @simbersea (1)

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new here, though not to MFP. I successfully lost weight last year and it was slowly creeping back on and then WHAM! Pandemic strikes and I'm up 5 lbs in 5 weeks. :'( The loss of my gym, coupled with my husband thinking that we needed 3 months worth of cookies and chips rather than meat and frozen vegetables, has not been good. I can't seem to keep myself from going to the pantry. Hoping that this challenge will give me a boost.

Welcome to the team!
    I can totally relate. We have more snacks in the house right now than we have ever had.It is hard to resist.
This discussion has been closed.