TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi teammates! My name is Sandra. I'm 44 and live in Scotland with my husband and my 14 year old son.
    I first joined MyFitnessPal about 9 years ago when I reached my highest weight of 191lbs. Over the next 2 years, I managed to get down to 140, only 5lbs away from my goal weight! I managed to keep the weight off for a few years, but due to life events the weight crept back on and I'm back up to 171.2 :disappointed:
    I need to get my mojo back. I know what to do, but I just can't seem to give myself the kick in the *kitten* that I need. If I've done it before, I can do it again!!!
    New goal weight is 140 or I'd even be happy with 145. My weight loss goal for May is 3-5lbs.
    I've got to do it, or I'll never feel happy in my own skin.
    I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! :naughty:

@slinky_BraveHeartBuns
    Welcome back. So glad to see you here this month!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    4/28/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 2) - Lower Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 112oz
    Steps: 13,706 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    21 Day Fix: ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

I have the next six days off. We originally had a small weekend away planned starting Thursday, but obviously that is now cancelled. With how hectic things have been, I decided to keep my time off as it was (Thurs-Mon)... Today I had an overwhelming day of people getting WAY too close to me... literally continuing to step in my bubble to ask a question, me having to reach my arm out and tell them to stop coming closer(after continuously backing up away from them)... so I told my boss I am taking a personal day tomorrow... my anxiety was through the roof! He was fine with it, after taking 3 weeks away from the madness as well. I know people won't be acting better when I go back, but after weeks of this madness, I needed to get peace of mind!

I will get back on here in the morning to read through the last page of posts!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Tues, April28th:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +246
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 65oz
    Steps: 8886
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 3 of 3days
    Water Intake: 3 of 3days
    Steps: 2 of 3days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 2 of 3days
    MFP 5week prediction: 145.1
  • asha170880
    asha170880 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Scale Check! (please don't freight or be embarrassed to post if the scale went up! Ultimately we are all here to hold ourselves accountable as individual people!!) With that being said, we are missing the following weigh-ins:

@asha170880 Sunday
    @petrocoetsee Monday
    @sekotsjd Monday
    @smithbonnielouise740 Monday

Sorry, here it is.Is this weighing considered for May?

Weigh-in Day : Sunday, April 26
    Previous Weight : 147.27 lbs / 66.8 kg
    Today’s Weight : 147.27 lbs / 66.8 kg
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Tue 28th April
    Tracked:
    Yes
    Exercise: Yes (5 mile walk)
    Water: 32oz
    Steps: 15,714
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    MUAC 4/27/20:
    Under: No
    Exercised: Yes (painting a bathroom)

I was really determined to be under my calories all this week and didn't make it already, though was close. But I do have a plan--today I'll try to be under by the amount I was over yesterday. My goal is to track my calories every day and stay under my calorie count for May. I would like to lose four pounds for May.

@richmondwriter that is a very good goal for the day. If each day you have a different goal, that's ok too! :) I think you are fully capable of reaching your goal for this month!

Also, I admire those of you doing projects during this time! I picked up marble stone when I was leaving work yesterday, so I can work on finishing the front of the house. Hopefully the weather cooperates with my time off!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hi teammates! My name is Sandra. I'm 44 and live in Scotland with my husband and my 14 year old son.
    I first joined MyFitnessPal about 9 years ago when I reached my highest weight of 191lbs. Over the next 2 years, I managed to get down to 140, only 5lbs away from my goal weight! I managed to keep the weight off for a few years, but due to life events the weight crept back on and I'm back up to 171.2 :disappointed:
    I need to get my mojo back. I know what to do, but I just can't seem to give myself the kick in the *kitten* that I need. If I've done it before, I can do it again!!!
    New goal weight is 140 or I'd even be happy with 145. My weight loss goal for May is 3-5lbs.
    I've got to do it, or I'll never feel happy in my own skin.
    I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! :naughty:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel I'm glad you have joined back this month! I love your goals for this month, too! You've got this, girl!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new here, though not to MFP. I successfully lost weight last year and it was slowly creeping back on and then WHAM! Pandemic strikes and I'm up 5 lbs in 5 weeks. :'( The loss of my gym, coupled with my husband thinking that we needed 3 months worth of cookies and chips rather than meat and frozen vegetables, has not been good. I can't seem to keep myself from going to the pantry. Hoping that this challenge will give me a boost.

@DaffyGirl88 welcome to TBBT! I can relate to the snacks! My boyfriend has only requested popcorn, chips, bakery items, and candy/gummy snacks, lately. It is hard to stay 100% focused with all that around you! I am wishing you a very successful May, and best of luck on our team! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I feel like this meme is still very relevant! 😂

dl2ds1gmpl06.jpg

@Krysless2 this is definitely relevant! I was having a rough patch right before this was posted last month! It could become reality if we don't make a change! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Give Yourself 30 Days
    "30 days from now you're either going to be BLOWN AWAY by how much you've improved in how you look, feel and perform. OR, you're going to regret not having done your best. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

The beginning of a new month of The Biggest Loser challenge is a great time to give yourself a new goal list that you wish to accomplish in the next 30 days! I know that our team has been struggling for the past two months-some of it we have no control over! However, there ARE things we can control over this next month to become more successful during this difficult time!

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the May Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share these with us, but write them down somewhere that you will remind yourself of what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror.

None of these are perfect ideas, but they're ideas to get you on the right path! :)
    ixf6epj6wyq7.jpg

Okay Christine, I am going to follow your example 😄 Maybe if I put my goals for the month down, I will reach them.

GOAL:
    1. Reach weight goal. I am about 5.6 pounds away and it’s an aggressive goal for me, but I want to try.

HOW TO REACH GOAL:
    1. 9k steps per day
    2. Stay in calories goal. Log everything.
    3. Stay active. Not just daily workout. Get out and move.
    4. Walk after dinner - burns calories and avoids snacking.

@simbersea you really are very close to your goal! I like your plan of action for reaching your weight loss goal! I need to remember to add more walking throughout the day, especially when I'm not at work! I hope your plan for this month is helpful! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sekotsjd wrote: »
    I am at 236 now AAAAHHHH it went up a lot the past week. Its okay i keep telling myself. We will do better!!

@sekotsjd you have had much success since you joined us! This is a tiny bump in the road. Make one change this week, and next week can bring you more success!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    asha170880 wrote: »
    Scale Check! (please don't freight or be embarrassed to post if the scale went up! Ultimately we are all here to hold ourselves accountable as individual people!!) With that being said, we are missing the following weigh-ins:

@asha170880 Sunday
    @petrocoetsee Monday
    @sekotsjd Monday
    @smithbonnielouise740 Monday

Sorry, here it is.Is this weighing considered for May?

Weigh-in Day : Sunday, April 26
    Previous Weight : 147.27 lbs / 66.8 kg
    Today’s Weight : 147.27 lbs / 66.8 kg

@asha170880 thank you for posting your weight here! I could have sworn that I saw it in the April thread, but I may have passed right over it! And yes, the April challenge ended Saturday(4/25), and the May challenge has begun! I know it gets fusing because we are still in April!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 4/28/20:
    Under: Yes!!! (175 calories under total, almost making up for day before; will try to go at least 66 under today)
    Exercised: Yes, walked dog 1 1/2 hour

• Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel hopefully it is not too late! I just requested that you be added to the team, and will need a starting weight if they say yes!

Thanks Christine! :smile:
    My starting weight for May is 171.2lbs

@cmhubbard92; did we miss Sandra's weighin day? It looks like Ashley/Craig hasn't added to the spreadsheet... Just FYI.

And I'm also very excited you came back! 😊 I remember seeing you in our Fitbit challenge as well. Any chance you guys want to get back into that?
  • Krysless2
    Options
    rn6sx0toicqj.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel hopefully it is not too late! I just requested that you be added to the team, and will need a starting weight if they say yes!

Thanks Christine! :smile:
    My starting weight for May is 171.2lbs

@cmhubbard92; did we miss Sandra's weighin day? It looks like Ashley/Craig hasn't added to the spreadsheet... Just FYI.

And I'm also very excited you came back! 😊 I remember seeing you in our Fitbit challenge as well. Any chance you guys want to get back into that?

@Krysless2 I've requested over in Captains quarters :) when they get around to it I am sure they will add her in, they've already ok'd it :)

And Fitbit-yes I keep forgetting to start challenges on there!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    @Krysless2 I'd like to do the Fitbit challenges again. What's your Fitbit username? I have so many friends on there, I forget who's who! :blush:
  • Krysless2
    Options
    @Krysless2 I'd like to do the Fitbit challenges again. What's your Fitbit username? I have so many friends on there, I forget who's who! :blush:

Well that's easy! It's Krysless2 !! 😉
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    4/28/2020
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 2) - Lower Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 112oz
    Steps: 13,706 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    21 Day Fix: ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

I have the next six days off. We originally had a small weekend away planned starting Thursday, but obviously that is now cancelled. With how hectic things have been, I decided to keep my time off as it was (Thurs-Mon)... Today I had an overwhelming day of people getting WAY too close to me... literally continuing to step in my bubble to ask a question, me having to reach my arm out and tell them to stop coming closer(after continuously backing up away from them)... so I told my boss I am taking a personal day tomorrow... my anxiety was through the roof! He was fine with it, after taking 3 weeks away from the madness as well. I know people won't be acting better when I go back, but after weeks of this madness, I needed to get peace of mind!

I will get back on here in the morning to read through the last page of posts!

@cmhubbard92
    I hope you will be able to enjoy your time off. I am sorry you had to cancel your planned get -away. But sometimes being at home away from work and the world can be nice too.

• Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Wedns, April29th:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +299
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 7854

DailyGoals CountOff: