Share your Numbers

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Great numbers going down!
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    My weight starts with a “1”!!

I crossed over to 199.7 and been hanging there for 3 days now. Feels pretty good seeing that number. I whooped in my bathroom 😂
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @GeminiLady159 congratulations! That's a wonderful victory!
  • conniewilkins56
    @GeminiLady159 congratulations! That's a wonderful victory!

You are doing great, too.....all of us losing are doing fine!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @GeminiLady159 Congrats! That's awesome.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My weight starts with a “1”!!

I crossed over to 199.7 and been hanging there for 3 days now. Feels pretty good seeing that number. I whooped in my bathroom 😂

NICE! Onederland!
  • NovusDies
    Thanks to the virus I am back to losing and today is numbers day:

This was a whoosh week so I am down 4.4 pounds for the week and it looks like I am masking at most .25lb. There doesn't seem to be much point in reporting my rate of losses right now so when those catch up I will.

All of the weight I upticked going into maintenance and all the new exercise seems to be gone unless I whoosh some more. If I do, it means my energy numbers still need some refinement which would not surprise me.
  • NovusDies
    Numbers Day

Apparently I forgot to report last week.

Last week I was up .6 pounds.
    This week I am down 5.8 pounds which is throwing my numbers off quite a bit. It definitely suggests that I should be eating 100 percent of my exercise calories. My calculated TDEE is 3586 and the MFP avg TDEE is 3575.

Based on MFP's deficit numbers I would have been projected to lose 1.2 pounds this week so even with the big drop that is only a touch faster than I should be losing. It just means I have been losing slightly faster all along. I expected to be wrong but this is a little more wrong than I was anticipating... assuming these number hold.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Ah, numbers! As much as I prefer weighing daily, I'm lucky if I get to go to the bathroom by myself most mornings these days so my thoughts are to record weights weekly and compare to four weeks previous. Weighing daily in the past has given me great insight into my cycle though. I know I typically gain about 5lbs of water weight around ovulation and that doesn't drop off until day 2-3 of my period. It's even been as much as 10lbs. I take measurements once a month as well.

I'm 5'6" and as of today I'm 232, my goal weight is somewhere around 140. My weekly loss rate is set to 1lb but I am also still breastfeeding my toddler and I am unsure what sort of expenditure in calories that adds, so don't want to do anything too steep. Add to that what I call the 'toddler tax' of anything I try to eat and sadly the numbers are not as accurate as I might like, which is a whole new challenge this time! My activity is set to sedentary, but I have a fitbit to add my activity back in. I eat all my exercise calories because I'm either pushing a 25+lb toddler in the stroller or carrying him, 2L of water and emergency supplies in the hiking carrier.

I've spent time reflecting on previous attempts and my biggest issue is boredom snacking. I would restrict calories at meals further and further to keep extra for snacking which would make me hungry and overly food focused, always thinking about what I could eat next, what snacks there were. Doing only one snack before bed for a week let me put more calories back into my meals and helped me shrug away thoughts of snacks, since I wasn't hungry, just bored.

I'm going to give this style a good try for a month and see how it goes. If I have bad days, log it and move on, success is not dependant on perfection, it's not giving up!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Forgot to post here again this month. I've been off a little for the past 2-3 weeks eating more around maintenance. I'm up a few pounds from my recent low of 266 lbs (or -120 lbs), but am tightening up my budget again since yesterday to get back at it.

1/1: 285.0 (-101.6)
    2/1: 281.3 (-105.3)
    3/1: 276.1 (-110.5)
    4/1: 270.0 (-116.6)

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
    9/1: 306.2 (-80.4)
    10/1: 301.9 (-84.7)
    11/1: 292.2 (-94.4)
    12/1: 283.0 (-103.6)
  • conniewilkins56
    I hit my lowest weight this morning!...I have lost 76 lbs since May 28, 2019.... at first I was very excited and felt really great about it...as the day has gone on, I am letting myself get kind of down because I have about 75 to 85 more to lose...I want to enjoy and feel good the rest of my life....realistically I might live 12 to 15 more years....and then I ask myself why am I doing this?....I am never going to be a body builder,a model,or wear a bikini....my skin is going to be very saggy and I already have a few wrinkles...I slather myself with body cream every day...I should have stock in Oil of Olay!

Oh well, onward I go...I am like a science experiment...at least I have my binging under control presently and I do feel good....my husband is also losing some weight...my daughter continues to sit on the sidelines and observe...maybe she will wake up eventually...

Done whining...
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @dishiznice congratulations! I haven't lost nearly that much, but I still understand what it feels like to start being body structures. It was amazing for me to actually have collarbones - that was one of the first things to start showing for me :)
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I've weighed myself 4 times since August 1 and two of those times were at the Drs. I dont know if I caught myself on a good day or what but I'm officially in The 100s!!! Only by 0.6 lbs but I'm taking it and not looking back. I wont weight myself again until my current pants are loose so I will remain blissfully unaware if this was just a fluke.
  • conniewilkins56
    papayahed wrote: »
    I've weighed myself 4 times since August 1 and two of those times were at the Drs. I dont know if I caught myself on a good day or what but I'm officially in The 100s!!! Only by 0.6 lbs but I'm taking it and not looking back. I wont weight myself again until my current pants are loose so I will remain blissfully unaware if this was just a fluke.

Congratulations!...I can’t go that long without hopping on the scales!...you should be very pleased with yourself!
  • dishiznice
    dishiznice Posts: 22 Member

way to go!!
  • NovusDies

Onederland! Woohoo!

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,306 Member
    I'm frustrated with my numbers right now. Last week wasn't great. On paper I was over my weekly calories by about 3000. I have my weight loss rate set at 1.5 lbs per week, which should be an automatic deficit of 5250 per week. So even if I miscalculated or underestimated by a LOT, this shouldn't be worse than a maintain week. But nope. Big gain. It's up over 3 pounds in about 5 days. And I'm back above 260, which I can't seem to get away from.

Effin' scale. Tuesday has typically been my official WI day, but I'm going to see if tomorrow is any better.