mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, May 5th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 17,395 ✔️

Good morning Team. Happy the scale is still creeping in the right direction. The changes I’ve made have been working. I decided to do OMAD on Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s as it really helps with my tummy issues. The other days will be normal IF days for me. Yesterday, the boy’s begged for homemade chocolate chip cookies. I can never say no to an opportunity to bake. I’m very happy to say I only ate one.....and a half 😂 . And they had their fill of chocolate chip goodness. I’m not sure what I will be baking today but I think it will be more cookies. I just came in from my morning 5K run and I’m about to start homeschooling. Today is also grocery shopping day so it’s gonna be a busy one. Have a great HUMP DAY Downsizers ❤️

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    What a week already and it's only Tuesday. haha. I managed to get into the 2nd car accident of my entire life. Thankfully it was a small one. I got my new scale today. Yay. All scales are a little different but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also got my new running shoes. I went with the Asics. So far I really like them.
    This week, I am really going to focus on calorie intake. I cleaned out my pantry and fridge and I have the worst habit of opening the fridge and looking for...something...and then getting frustrated and walking away. My emotional food association is so bad. I don't know where to start to fix that. I know it's mental/emotional. It's not physical.
    I've started keeping a journal and writing down exactly what I'm feeling. It seems like putting it into words helps me identify it and thereby helps me address it.
    We'll see!
    Hope you all are staying sane and busy!

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 05/04/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: Don't remember. I think it was 212 or 213
    Current weight: 211.8

Well done with your loss this week! Sorry to hear about your car accident but glad you are not hurt. Congrats on the new scale and new shoes! I love getting new fitness gear it always gives me a little boost to want to work out. I also is ASICS for my running. They are the beat ones I’ve had so far. I do want to get fitted for some proper shoes as I think I could use the extra help for my knees and hips.

That’s food that you cleaned out your pantry. It’s the best plan to be honest. Many can do it with pire will power but many of us (including me) need the crap food out of the house or I will eat it. Let us know how it goes with the journal. I’m curious to know if it helps curb the emotional eating.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh In

Week 1 May
    PW 173.8
    CW 171.4

Last week I know I was up due to water weight and I’m happy to see that gone, now to just keep the scale moving downward.

Yes! 💪🏻 awesome loss this week! Keep it up 👍🏻
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Steps for the Challenge:
    5/3--11,130
    5/4--11,807
    5/5--12,288

I swear, I think I've struggled a little bit over the last month or two with the stages of grief over losing a sense of normalcy and control over my own life and all the relationships that have been put at a distance. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so thought I'd just throw it out there this morning and own it. Over the last week, though, something has changed. I've focused EACH DAY (one day at a time--sometimes one moment at a time) only on the things I have control over and tried to make them better each day--what I put in my mouth, how much water I drink (although not obsessing over a number), and being as active as possible doing things that make me happy. Quarantine is easing here, too, which helps, although I'm still very cautious. I'm feeling better and the scale is cooperating as well. Hoping the trend continues.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, or at least, I THINK it's Wednesday!

2rqz6t391oxx.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, May 4th

•Exercise: 45 min walk with the kiddo ✔️
    •Steps: 15,496 ✔️

Weekend damage repaired. I completed OMAD day yesterday and today I’m back on my IF schedule. I was able to get in a nice walk with Sam and I mowed my lawn. Spent a lot of time outdoors making the most of the sunny weather before the rain comes back today. I already got my 5K in bright and early this morning and about to start homeschooling. Have a wonderful day everyone!

May goals:

I want to look more into IF. Do you have any resources to recommend? On my good days I only eat in an 8 hour window but I do drink black coffee in the mornings.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide

This is the link I share when people ask about IF. It has lots of useful information.

My eating window is between 12pm and 8pm. I stop eating and head to bed by 9. Before 12 PM I drink water, tea, and coffee no creams or sweeteners. I’ve gotten used to unsweetened black coffee going on 2 months now. I never had it with cream but I was using stevia prior to this. I decided to just stop altogether. This IF plan works great for me and I do add in a day or 2 of OMAD or a full 24 hour fast. I usually do this when I’m having tummy issues.

Thanks for the information. I have pinned the link in Pinterest. I am going to tighten up my days and give it a whirl. I would be afraid to try OMAD as my blood sugars would bottom out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    o32k42ny04dq.jpeg

Just a little motivation and inspiration for you all and also a little reminder to myself of how far I’ve come! I tend to be very hard on myself these days.

Your transformation is amazing! You have given me inspiration!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh In

Week 1 May
    PW 173.8
    CW 171.4

Last week I know I was up due to water weight and I’m happy to see that gone, now to just keep the scale moving downward.

Don’t you hate that pesky water weight. Congrats on the amazing loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    What a week already and it's only Tuesday. haha. I managed to get into the 2nd car accident of my entire life. Thankfully it was a small one. I got my new scale today. Yay. All scales are a little different but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also got my new running shoes. I went with the Asics. So far I really like them.
    This week, I am really going to focus on calorie intake. I cleaned out my pantry and fridge and I have the worst habit of opening the fridge and looking for...something...and then getting frustrated and walking away. My emotional food association is so bad. I don't know where to start to fix that. I know it's mental/emotional. It's not physical.
    I've started keeping a journal and writing down exactly what I'm feeling. It seems like putting it into words helps me identify it and thereby helps me address it.
    We'll see!
    Hope you all are staying sane and busy!

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 05/04/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: Don't remember. I think it was 212 or 213
    Current weight: 211.8

So sorry about your car accident! Let us know how the journal works out. It sounds like a great tool for working through the emotional food association.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, May 5th

•Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Steps: 17,395 ✔️

Good morning Team. Happy the scale is still creeping in the right direction. The changes I’ve made have been working. I decided to do OMAD on Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s as it really helps with my tummy issues. The other days will be normal IF days for me. Yesterday, the boy’s begged for homemade chocolate chip cookies. I can never say no to an opportunity to bake. I’m very happy to say I only ate one.....and a half 😂 . And they had their fill of chocolate chip goodness. I’m not sure what I will be baking today but I think it will be more cookies. I just came in from my morning 5K run and I’m about to start homeschooling. Today is also grocery shopping day so it’s gonna be a busy one. Have a great HUMP DAY Downsizers ❤️

May goals:

Great job on meeting your goals! Great control with the cookies. I am a Cookie Monster so cookies are banned from my house. Good thing the kids are grown up.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 72 minute walk(5.74km), 20 minute cardio workout
    Water:✅
    home workout: 2/4

Steps 5/5 11,353

I really increased my pace walking yesterday but I can’t do that pace again as my knee was bothering me later. I have a package coming today so my walk is going to be the hill and parking lot( ours is really long) so I can be there when it comes.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk ?km
    2. Cardio workout video
    3. Tai chi
    4. Log all food accurately
    5. Stay within calorie goal
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday everyone! I'm trying to remember that weight loss isn't linear today... I step on the scale at the same time every morning. Logically, I know it's going to fluctuate, but today was the first day that I didn't lose so I was a little disappointed. On the positive side, I've lost about 3.4lbs since I joined the challenge and I've been consistent in logging, so I'm really happy with that!

Weigh-in week: 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous week: 229
    Current Weight: 225.6

I hope everyone else is having a great morning or day, depending on where you are. My goal for the day is to hit 10K steps.
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 5 Check in
    Steps: 10,049
    Calories: Under
    Water:1.8L (getting closer)
    Exercise: 25min youtube beginner video and 20min walk

I have decided to make myself a weight chart with rewards for every 5 lbs as there are a few things that I want but don't really need so it is my justification for them. I am hoping this will help to motivate me.

Wednesday's Goals
    - 12,000 steps
    - 2L of water
    - Finish my chart
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also realized that I haven't been posting my steps, but if it's allowed I can catch myself up from my Fitbit.

Sunday, May 3: 5,689
    Monday, May 4: 3,086
    Tuesday, May 5: 10,213
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Previous weight 300.2
    Current weight 298.7

Finally crossed that 300 line!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Previous weight 300.2
    Current weight 298.7

Finally crossed that 300 line!

Well done! I’m looking forward to joining you!

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    o32k42ny04dq.jpeg

Just a little motivation and inspiration for you all and also a little reminder to myself of how far I’ve come! I tend to be very hard on myself these days.

WOW!!! Thank you for posting your pics ... I'd not seen them before. Awesome; WTG!!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Welcome to all who are new to our team. The past 3 days have been an epic, ongoing, kerfluffle. The only thing I managed to keep under control was my eating and logging. In days past, I would have eaten a ton of chocolate to help the stress level but was able to stay on track!! WHEW!!

So, There's like 5 pages of posts to read thru just to catch up. LOL Hope Y'all have a great day!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Steps for the Challenge:
    5/3--11,130
    5/4--11,807
    5/5--12,288

I swear, I think I've struggled a little bit over the last month or two with the stages of grief over losing a sense of normalcy and control over my own life and all the relationships that have been put at a distance. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so thought I'd just throw it out there this morning and own it. Over the last week, though, something has changed. I've focused EACH DAY (one day at a time--sometimes one moment at a time) only on the things I have control over and tried to make them better each day--what I put in my mouth, how much water I drink (although not obsessing over a number), and being as active as possible doing things that make me happy. Quarantine is easing here, too, which helps, although I'm still very cautious. I'm feeling better and the scale is cooperating as well. Hoping the trend continues.

Got your steps in. Thank you!

You are certainly not alone in how you are feeling. It sens où have found a great way to cope with the difficulties we are currently facing. Focusing on what we can control is a game changer when it comes to how we are dealing with the quarantine blues.
This discussion has been closed.