• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Lenka1

Week1
    Previous weight: 172.0
    Current weight: 171.0
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @nstephenson01 your toast has me drooling.
    several of you just posted weight loss! Congrats to all of you!!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Midday food update. I did better than I thought so far. Ate 1 piece of cinnamon toast, all of my smoothie, lunch leftovers but only 1/2 the salad and saved the cornbread. Hoping to have both of those in a few hours before hitting fast timer. Did I mention I also brought 2 lemon cookies? Hoping to eat 1 of them shortly. My lunch was delicious. I am optimistic that I can survive the rest of the day.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sleepymom5
    Week1
    Previous weight: 204.2
    Current weight: 201.8

Check in for Thursday
    Food Ok but went off plan and had a snack
    Water at least 64 oz
    Exercise 45 minute walk. Pt, strength and stretching.

Not bad, 2.4 pounds this week. I had a pretty good week, not perfect. It feels good to feel like I am finally back into a routine. The girls and I had to get blood drawn this morning for the Covid antibodies. I am interested for the results. I probably won't get them until Monday since it is the weekend. Since we were out, I ran some errands too so that is why I am off to such a late start. Hope everyone is doing well :)

I also am sending friend requests out to our newer members. If I missed you, please send me one. I am behind with this.

@Mrsbell8well Good idea to have healthy snacks available at work. Looks like you are covered for any craving you may have!
    @nstephenson01 I don't know why what you said clicked in my head this time. I am a fast eater too and I do notice that I am stuffed after I eat a lot. I think I am the same way you are, I eat it so quick that I don't realize it until well after I have finished. I was starting to stop 3/4 the way through but lately I haven't even been doing that. This is something I know I need to work on but never put it together with eating so quickly. Great goals for May! Let's have a great month!
    @lennoncpa Another loss! You have been doing great! Your son and Sunny came right when this all started so this quarantine is new for you. I hope you can settle into a new normal for the rest of the time we need to stay in. Maybe the rescue place will call again or you can ask to be put at the top of the list for when the next little foster dog comes in. Hugs!
    @ljdanny That is basically a maintain too. If it is your TOM, I am sure you would have had a loss this week. I still think you are due for a drop soon so hang in there. It will be interesting to see what happens with work. This is the perfect time for your bosses to explain that they need to be strict with the rules especially returning 24 hours after an illness. I bet your hair looks great. I couldn't pull off color in my hair. I love a lot of the colors out there. The only one I don't like is this one green color. We are lucky with the pool water. Ours goes down the driveway and down the road to a drain. Hopefully your neighbors will be understanding. It will be nice when it is up and running.
    @hope002 Looks like you had a great week! Great job! Thank you for all the information. You have been so helpful, I am learning a lot. I also went today until after 12. Normally I would have been obsessed with food waiting that long to eat. There is something about having that window that really helps. Nice loss this week too!
    @Cafelelia Sounds like you had a pretty active day, no wonder you were tired. It is nice to have everything clean so you can relax and enjoy the weekend :) Next week is a new week so hopefully things will get better on the school front with your son. Did he have a lot to catch up on after he felt better? Hopefully the boys can relax and recharge this weekend too.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I hope the TMS treatments become more tolerable as you go along. I really can't help with the fitbit questions. I must have had a different one. I never had to put in walk. It just counted my steps for the day. I would be careful with the MFP calculations with exercise, they over estimate. I usually don't eat back my calories so I just enter 1 calorie no matter what MFP says I burned.
    @taylorsjostrand Nice loss! Looks like you had a great week! Awesome start to May!
    @bburrer30 We all have those days. Besides, you kicked butt the following day! Great job!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Parenting doesn't get any easier, it gets different Lol! If that makes sense. If not now, it will. It is awesome that they both have a drive to excel and they are looking into things on their own. Btw-tell your son to check out Villanova in Pennsylvania. They have an awesome basketball program. I went to school there and worked in their health center for a while. (Then he would have a contact person here if he needed too :)). Hopefully your back feels better and no rain tomorrow so you can walk on the beach. I hope you don't "wake up dead" either Lol!
    @nstephenson01 Awesome day yesterday! Sounds like you are heading for another good one today. Enjoy your planting. That breakfast looks delicious!
    @Mrsbell8well I hope that your back starts feeling better. I hope the chiropractor opens up soon. I would think walking could definitely make it worse, especially if you are walking on pavement. I think trails or pathways are a little less of an impact. Hopefully you will be getting your pool open soon and can do some exercise there.
    @lenka1 Nice loss! You are off to a good start this month!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    5iqq7fl09em7.jpeg
    The weekends don't seem like such a big deal anymore. Hopefully for some of us it is at least a break from schooling and work. It also may be a time we are doing some virtual happy hours or brunches. I like these simple tips to stay on track. I was actually looking for this to post the other day. Not only is this a good reminder for the weekends but also with being quarantined. Some of you are kicking butt with the quarantine but some of us aren't. This is a good place to start.
  • Mrsbell8well
    @sleepymom5 great job Pam! I will be really curious to see if you and the girls have the virus antibodies.
    We do walk on trails but I really like the idea of exercising in the pool. They are coming end of May to open it and we are getting the pool heater fixed so I am sure we will be using it a lot more! great reminders for this weekend.
    Unfortunately we have to work tomorrow from 8am-7pm. I will be working from home on my laptop. More of these PPP loans.

I just hit my fast timer. I am so proud of how well I did today. I did a 40 minute yoga then had a cup of earl gray tea with 2 small lemon cookies. I gave away one slice of cinnamon raison bread and 1/2 cornbread muffin. I am going to save the other muffin and 1/2 salad to enjoy tomorrow. I am perfectly content!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    So far so good hitting my steps target thus week although Sunday looks like it will dip but managed to exercise more this week.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    08gubx4tkyi7.jpeg

I feel like I have been so out of touch for most of this quarantine. How are you all doing? I know some people have really taken off and are doing well. I know others have not done well but are recommitting to their goals for May. I know there are also others who aren't doing well during this difficult time. Feel free to share what you are going through. If there is something that really clicked and is working for you, tell us about it. If you need help or want some advice, don't be afraid to ask. Many of you already do this, please continue. That is what is so nice about having this team. I learn so much from all of you. However, for those of you who hold back, please feel free to jump in and ask anything or vent if you need to. We want to be a source of support for you all. Hang in there everyone, we will get through this. :)

I love this, Pam! I'm so glad to be part of such a great team. I've missed you all these past few weeks.
  • 1theresamcvean
    JillyBT wrote: »
    np8q17dovh7f.jpeg

Great Sunset above the beach tonight but not a lot of social distancing going on. Obviously My husband and I kept our social distance. On Friday Los Angeles is going to start to move into phase 2 with retail opening for curbside pick up. Malls are not included. Some hiking is opening but you must wear a mask. Some beaches south of LA opening but only from 6am -10am and you have to be active (walk, bike, surf but no sunbathing) our beach is still not open.

Finally getting good walks in... started back on a new sleep routine. @sleepymom5 you are correct that I had created a good routine before stay at home was put into place.

My doctor is having me stay in bed for only 7 hours and go to sleep at the same time and get up at same time. He said it will take 3-4 days to get into a circadian rhythm. So I’m getting in bed at 10:30... meditating to a sleep meditation... asleep by 11pm... up at 5:30ish and go for a walk at 6am.

Off to meditation!.

Jilly, This is beautiful. It's so nice to see where you live. In Toronto, we're also moving to the same retail plan. Unbelievably we're having snow, which is so rare in May. We won't have to worry about the beach being crowded.
  • 1theresamcvean
    A week in my life - my almost 17 year old wants to leave school now (1.5 years early) and start Uni in July with a bridging course. She has Aspergers and severe OCD and I don't really know what to do with that. I'm not sure she has thought through all the implications. Meanwhile, my 15 year old is actively trying to get himself a basketball scholarship to a US college and has several head coaches already following him on social media. He has 2.5 years left of school. Apparently parenting does not get easier.

We are all still in lockdown but it looks like school and shops might be opening up again in a few weeks. I've been pretty consistent with food and exercise but my back has been really sore and the scale has been up a little bit for a few days. It settled down a bit today (I've been doing a lot of yoga for it) so I tempted fate with some interval training on the treadmill. I have to be super careful with any running because it can set off nerve pain and migraines; I am hoping that the yoga has eased the nerves enough that I'll get away with it. I kept the running intervals to 1min, but my dream is to get back to running. I used to run 25km+ per week and I miss it. Time will tell. The rest of my body is also wondering what the actual heck I am doing since I have hardly run in a few years!

I am looking forward to the weekend tomorrow - if I don't wake up in agonizing pain and it doesn't pour with rain I'll probably head to the beach for a walk. Still not allowed to hang out there but exercise is okay. Sometimes I just say stuff it and do or die. I really hope I don't wake up dead! 🤣

Good morning, Kristy. It feels fun just to say that when it's Friday night here. I'm sure you woke up and I hope it's a good day. I did notice when my kids were at the age yours are now that it continued to be a challenge. The things they come up with! Tonight, I was reading my granddaughter a bedtime story on FaceTime and she left the room and it was just my adult son in the bed, so I kept reading. 😂
  • 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in:
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 155.9
    Today's weight: 156.9

This one pound feels like about 10. I'm glad I made a plan last week because now I have something to follow next week. Right after my last weigh-in, I came down with strep throat. I was on antibiotics and I feel much, much better now, other than feeling like a heavy slug. Onward!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    edited May 2020
    Quick check in:

I did all my lifting sessions this week, 4 20mins jogs so far and hit at least 6000 steps everyday which I’m happy about. I try to find at least 45 mins exclusively for myself everyday - for my own mental health!

I’d love to respond more to other posts but it’s almost impossible at this stage of my life. I literally fall asleep in 5 seconds my head hits the pillow. So tired :)
    But i want you to know I enjoy reading all the posts at night!

Anyway, @sleepymom5 I will be super curious to see what your results are.
    I wasn’t here prior this month really at all but do I recall that your husband was sick with covid?

I also got the antibody test on Wednesday Bc I was very sick back in March while pregnant but my result was negative. I took it at quest and it came 15h later. So really fast.
    Have you not been sick at all while your husband was? Nor your kids? I’m just curious. I hope you don’t mind me asking.
  • 1theresamcvean
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think the calorie burn has more to do with your heart rate than anything else. If I just select "workout" no matter what activity I'm doing, I'll have a higher burn for Hiit than I would for weights or yoga.

Okay, what if I don't select walk? Like, I didn't select walk today and did almost 3k steps and it still shows that I burned 434. I just want to make sure that is right or close to right, not completely wrong. 😊 Perhaps doing TMS made my heart rate sky rocket so I burned calories doing that. Hahaha, idk!

Cassie, If you've got it set up correctly, and you probably do based on what you're saying here, you won't have to tell it you're walking. That should just happen automatically about 10 minutes into a walk. Mine even guesses what I'm doing, for example cycling outside. I guess it knows based on my heart rate, the GPS says I'm moving, but my arms aren't swinging. It used to be funny when my granddaughter was a little baby. She could only go to sleep if I rubbed her back. If she was at my house, she'd be in a portable crib so I had to lean way over to rub her back, which wasn't easy and it was a workout. This could go on for over 20 minutes. My fitbit was really confused and decided I had been on the Eliptical. 😂
  • 1theresamcvean
    My new favorite breakfast... whole wheat toast, avocado, a dollop of Greek yogurt & a sprinkle of Zaatar
    unrkf0dwo3jz.jpeg

Nancy, That looks so good!
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    yxrox803wbgb.jpeg

Well my son Max and little Sunny just left to go back to his home in Chicago. I knew it would end eventually but I am really sad and almost wish I could break out in tears so I would feel better! I feel so grateful that I was able to spend over a month and a half bonding with my son and watching Sunny do all his cute little puppy things!!!

Oh, Sheryl. You will miss Sunny. He's looking right into the camera at us here. We'll miss him too. 🐕
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Hello, thanks everyone for wishing me good luck with the TMS treatment. 😊 I had my second treatment today and it was still painful, but my whole head didnt tighten up like it did the first time, but I still got a bad headache afterwards, they said that should get better with more treatments so we'll see...Also, I read some people's stories and several said they saw improvement after their first treatment, well last night I was overly emotional and wanted to cry, but I went to sleep and then I had two really bad dreams and they're still bothering me so today I have been very emotional too. Then I went to my TMS treatment and Danielle the technician there that does everything for me asked how I was doing. I was on the verge of crying so I just held back my tears and said not very great, then she asked what was wrong and I said I'd rather not talk about things right now. I got in the chair and she touched my shoulder and said you can always talk to me when you need someone, I'm here for you. I thought that was very sweet of her. I didn't want to open up cause I hate crying in front of others, so right when she left, I ended up crying during the treatment, but I tried not going into a full blown cry session because I knew she would be coming in and out to check on me. I finally got home & since the house has been full lately, I had nowhere to go so I went in the backyard and cried in the rain for about an hour...A lot has been making me feel depressed and just really bad. I HOPE this treatment works for me, but I also read that it can fail to work for some...What if I'm the odd one out that it doesn't work for! 😕😥
This discussion has been closed.