5/25 30,219
    5/26 11,573
    5/27 19,756
    5/28 8,620
    5/29 6,045
    5/30 24,297
    5/31 5,975
    Total Steps: 106,485

Worked from home for most of the day today, so I was not very active. I had to finish some reporting before the end of the month and finished 2 minutes before midnight. Sorry about being late for my post.

Then, I decided to fold up some laundry for a couple hours before going to bed. I slept for maybe an hour and apparently I'm awake for the day. My sleep is the worst. I would love to sleep more than 4-5 hours in a night. I can usually fall asleep in a wink, but I usually wake up after about 2 hours. Sometimes I'm able to get back to sleep, and sometimes I spend the next couple hours trying or giving up and accepting being awake for the day. It always seems like there is something that needs to be done, and I can't turn off my brain and rest.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/31 9642
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott here...

my challenges this week will be:
    1: (as stated before) 30 minutes of deliberate walking (I don't count whatever running around the house I do)
    2: 64 ounces of water every day.

I used to be really good at water but have stared slacking. I get dehydrated really easy so this is bad.

Saturday I was great with exercise but ate the world. Very bad. Did some core work. Yesterday ate less (but husband brought ice cream...grrr...yum) but cals were a bit too high. And was an utter slug. Back felt better. Did no core. Woke up to lower back and hip pain again.

Back to work (from home) today...WILL take at least 2 walk breaks and do core work. Aaparently, even a little helps.

This is supposed to be my last week working from home. Don't know how I feel about going back. Nervous? My asthma can be scary in normal times... rampant respiratory infections are horrible...my town hasn't seen many cases, but the town I work in has more. We're surrounded...
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in:
    Day one of cleanse went well. Always happy to take control.
    Molly and I did some massive weeding and yard work. Looks so much nicer.
    Water-lots

My weight went back down this morning as I figured it would. Taking it one day at a time. I was 153.8 and really happy about that. But last week that was my then high and very dismayed. It's all in perspective.
    I am feeling optimistic about June.

Work update-This morning a hiring freeze was announced. Looks like we will be staying put for awhile. Red light. That's ok with us. We are repairing the pool heater. A summer by the pool sounds fun to me.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello Team and happy June! I am glad to be a member here in this group and hope I can at least maintain my weight loss that I have had over the last couple of months. I try to limit the foods I eat to keep it less tempting for myself. Yesterday I had my son and his girlfriend over and we had a picnic outside in my backyard and I was eating food that was different than my normal foods. That is how I get into trouble because I just can't seem to control my portions. I had them take all the leftovers with them to try to make my life easier. I have to treat myself like a little kid - like a sneaky little kid!!!

Anyways, have a great day team.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2.2l
    Exercise 6 km walk
    Just checking in quickly because I am in the middle of the school day with the kids. Yesterday was good. We had a distanced bbq last night with some friends, I had a half glass of wine and some chips, but kept well within my calorie range. Four more weeks of school, and I cannot wait for it to be over! I also need to figure out what we will do this summer as camps are cancelled.
    @JillyBT - I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. Just be kind to yourself as much as possible. Don’t worry about missing the weigh in. If you want to be excused this week, just post here and let us know.
    @twyla77 - You are doing so great with that cleanse. I have never done the Whole30. I have read about it here and there. If this is something that you think you can do, then I say go for it!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    8iyij2exfu7u.jpeg
    Team Step Challenge Week 4
    1. @kenzierenzieroo 106,485 steps
    2. @Cafelelia 90,086 steps
    3. @timibotkin 82,785 steps

Grand Finale (participation in all 4 weeks of May)
    1. @timibotkin 366,166 steps
    2. @annliz23 321,983 steps
    3. @ljdanny 293,274 steps!

I also want to give a shout out to @JillyBT who had 367,573 steps over 3 weeks, but did not log last week given her very tough circumstances.
    You are awesome!

We had 6 steppers walking all 4 weeks, and 10 steppers during some weeks.
    Overall, 10 team members had a whopping 2,379,469 steps in the month of May!!

A big congratulations to all of our participants!!

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 1
    PW - 184.0
    CW - 182.4

That has cheered me up as made my 'stone goal' lol. Next stop the 170s and damn, it has been a looooong time since I was there! Apart from that been a bit of a rubbish day, slept terribly and have a really bad headache so doing as little as possible. Realised about lunchtime that my phone had died (forgot to charge it) and am pretty sure work have been calling me - oops. Anyway, shall catch up on posts later when am feeling a little better. Take care all x
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @kenzierenzieroo - I spent several years only getting a few hours sleep at night. Have you tried melatonin or CBD oil? Maybe doing light yoga before bed might help you stay asleep?

@melaniedscott - "Ate the world" - that's such a funny but all too true phrase. We all have those days. You'll get through it! Keep up the great work!

@Mrsbell8well - Your're right about perspective. Keep reminding yourself how good it felt the first time you hit this weight coming from the other direction of the scale and keep visualizing your goal. You'll get this!

@twyla77 - Such a cute bunny!!!!

@podperson1 - Wonderful loss and congratulations on achieving your stone goal!

Hopping on the scale today, I'm up almost 3 lbs from last Wednesday. I know why. I know that I over-ate at least two days, and I know that TOM will arrive any day now. I know that my hormones are working against me right now and that I'm bloated due to my cycle. I know these things.

But knowing it in my head doesn't stop me from experiencing all those negative emotions I had from being overweight. Feeling bloated feels on par with being fat, and today especially, I'm right back to telling myself that I can't be successful. Which is crazy because I HAVE been very successful - it's just hard to believe it when I feel bad physically.

But on the positive side, I did my FB workout today and have eaten clean. I need to drink more water, but so far I'm staying on plan. Still have to do my meal plan for the week. I'm glad I can share my ups and downs with y'all. Today is a down day, but I'm going to keep pushing to get up again.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @gingerpwr I understand that mentality really well. Do you consider yourself officially at your goal weight? I appreciate the support! I am feeling optimistic. Really looking forward to seeing those 140's again but it will come. Your doing great. Stay focused on the positive just as you have been doing.
    @twyla77 what a cutie!
    @podperson1 you make it look so easy! Congratulations!!!
    @melaniedscott glad to have you on our team. Keep posting.
    @Cafelelia it's so motivating how well your doing with all the home schooling etc.
    @kenzierenzieroo good luck with your sleep. It's one of my top 3 priorities with food and exercise.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Great pic! Funny kitty.

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise-45 min walk

I did well at my barbecue yesterday. I had one frozen drink because my sister in law wanted me to try it. I also paid attention to my hunger scale and stopped eating when I was satisfied. I wanted a turkey burger and a hotdog and decided to just eat 1/2 of each. I was tempted to finish them and in the past I would have but I stopped myself.

It is hard not to be distracted by all of the rioting going on in the US. I am right outside Philadelphia and last night the some of the rioting not far from where we live. It is not only scary but just very disheartening. I don't know where we are going to go from here.

@podperson1 Congratulations on hitting your stone goal! You really have come far since the end of the year! You have a great plan to move forward. You are going to have a successful June!
    @twyla77 Nice loss! I am glad you are doing so well on the cleanse and more importantly feeling so well! Idk if you are MFP with carlsoda but she was very successful with the whole 30. I actually know a few of MFP friends really did well on it. You will have to keep us posted on how it goes. I love the picture of little Lukey! I am sure he deserves all the spoiling he gets! He is so handsome and I am not just saying that because I am his MFP aunt. ;)
    @tryingagain5 I was happy to see that people were getting together to clean up too. I don't know what the answer is but things can't continue like they are.
    @Mrsbell8well What a nice idea to do the show and tell video. I hope your days keep getting better. Looks like the hiring freeze came at a good time, now you don't have to rush to make any decisions.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss! You really ended May strong!
    @nstephenson01 Love your goals for June, you are setting yourself up for success!
    @Cafelelia What a change from the beginning of May to the end for you! Let's have a great June too!
    @GingerPwr It is easy to fall right back into negative feelings. I appreciate you sharing your feelings so we know even people who are successful can experience this. I am glad you recognize it and can move forward. It will be so cool when you finish the fitness challenge to see the difference! What a great idea. It will be motivating to see how far you have come, although the bar is set pretty high to begin with.
    @brown6267 Congratulations on hitting your goals and starting maintenance! :)
    @pacsnc6 We are so happy you have stuck with us with all that you have been through.
    @JillyBT I would be surprised if he doesn't have mono, especially with the liver enzymes being up. I am glad that he is starting to feel better. My son got hit pretty hard with mono when he was in high school. It is funny how different the severity is, I also had a son who never knew he had it. You are dealing with so much, I feel the same way and I don't have my parents to worry about or a sick son. Sending hugs!
    @danisp Welcome! I hope you get as much from this group as I have! I like your June goals!
    @kenzierenzieroo Nice loss! Heading in the right direction! Amazing steps too! Not getting enough sleep is the worst! Is this a problem you usually have?
    @melaniescott I am always happy to have another friend from "down under"! I get confused with time but forgive me. Kristie is used to it by now I think. You have a great plan for the week. Don't beat yourself up over the overeats this weekend. Instead, focus on what you can do next time. Maybe plan when your husband brings home ice cream or a treat that you have a smaller amount. It is interesting how much better things go when you have a plan. What do you do for core? I am seriously slacking in that department and maybe that is why my lower back hurts...
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I actually think that is a beautiful pic of you even with you being knackered. Your cat does have the life Lol!
    @lennoncpa I have to do the same thing with sending left overs home or I am too tempted too. I am glad you were able to spend some time with your son and his girlfriend. How is your other son and Sunny? I hope he is safe and lives far from the rioting.

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 I’ve gotten hooked on the “outlander” tv series. Not sure if you’ve seen it or not but the majority of the characters speak with a Scottish accent so I find myself talking to myself (not out loud!!) with a Scottish accent. So funny. I’ve never been to Scotland but it is definitely on my bucket list. Who knows, maybe some day I will visit your town!

I too have been digging out old photos. It’s a strange thing to do during this lockdown and it has sure stirred up memories of friends. As far as the pictures of me, well most of the pictures were at least 20 to 30 years ago so I’ve accepted that my body is different now and that I really won’t be looking like that these days! It’s strange but at every weight, even the weight from 20 to 30 years ago, I always thought I was overweight Even though now when I look at the photos I believe I looked fine. I’ve just always been critical of myself. Maybe it’s a good motivator.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @melaniescott I am always happy to have another friend from "down under"! I get confused with time but forgive me. Kristie is used to it by now I think. You have a great plan for the week. Don't beat yourself up over the overeats this weekend. Instead, focus on what you can do next time. Maybe plan when your husband brings home ice cream or a treat that you have a smaller amount. It is interesting how much better things go when you have a plan. What do you do for core? I am seriously slacking in that department and maybe that is why my lower back hurts...

Thanks for welcome! I'm confused about the 'down-under'...I'm in Kansas...maybe we're under the threshold for reason? I have friends in Philly. Interesting place to visit. I don't beat myself up too much...just...grr. I was pretty proud of my restraint with the ice cream--he brought home 2 pints (NOT in the list I gave him!!!). He promptly ate one. I ate 1/3 of the other. Had another 1/3 with lunch today. It is nice ice cream.

What I do for core...mostly, I think about it...but when I actually do something...
    1) I have a series of 4 hip flexor streches, which are technically not core, but I count them as, because if I do them I do other core stuff too. They're easy. I'm lazy.
    2) the 100. pilates thing. I do half at table top and half extended.
    3) bicycle crunches. better for your back than situps and still stabalizing.
    4) Bridge (standard and one foot only)

When I'm really motivated, I have a bunch of videos...
    Anna Caban's Energy Boost Pilates (kicks my kitten every time...20 minutes and I'm dying...just goes to show how lazy I am)
    10 Minute Solution (which is actually 40 minutes, I think, but is four different standalone or do together workouts)
    and I have a couple balance ball videos. Balls are awesome for core. But my workout space isn't really big enough to use the ball approprately. All my vids are old but are good workouts.

Also...7380 steps today! 70 minutes! May convince the hubs to do another 2000...depends on how his day went. His job is very physical.

I'm almost through with my 64 ounces. Might exceed today.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    welcome new team members!!! I am Tracy, I live in New Hampshire. I am 48 have been married for 25 years, with 2 boys 25 and 23, 2 granddaughters, 7 and 3 months. I think the 7 month old will be walking soon. She is crawling, sitting up, pulling herself up on everything. She's a little crazy. i have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for years now, it's very frustrating. I love walking and zumba classes are my favorite but with the gym closed it's been tough. my teachers have been doing them on zoom but they are not the same so i find myself not logging in as much. I also like leslie sansone videos.

Today i started back to work after being off since march 23rd. it was tough but i did it, i am glad to be back on a schedule. i actually got up at 4am and worked out before work. i am going to try to stick to it (i know, i know, i have said this before). i found my pants didn't fit so well today. i decided if i am doing something i like it might just work. i went old school and pulled out my turbo jam videos and it felt great. i also signed up for xtreme hip hop with phil (it looks insane) so i am going to give it a try. they send 4 videos m-th only about 20 minutes and you can do them whenever. they post them after i am already awake so i figure tomorrows turbo jam video is 20 minutes so i will add todays hip hop onto it. so i should end up with about 45 minutes everyday. i also started meal prepping and logging my food. i am finding i am going to have to start changing and eliminating some things. so here's to hoping i have a great june.
This discussion has been closed.