DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Hi... today I ate a big bag of chips :( And when I putted in the app and I saw the calories I almost die. I didn't knew that the chips were having that huge amount of calories. And now I feel a guilt that is making me sick, literally sick.

Log it and move on. Try to not beat yourself up. It happens, what you do next is what counts!

Well I was going to have dinner, but after that huge amount of calories, I decided to wait until tomorrow to eat ;)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    destiny_sierra
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW - 234.6
    CW - 233.4

Steps
    6/8 - 13,546
    6/9 - 11,256
    6/10 - 9.980
    6/11 - 18,162

I have been very absent the past couple weeks and I apologize, just when I think things are going to get back on track it derails. We had a leak in a pipe behind the bathtub and now they have completely torn out the entire bathroom, down to studs and no floor. I have been horrible with tracking food and drinking water since we have had people in and out for the past week and a half. I managed to drink 1.5L yesterday so here's hoping I am getting back on track!

Well done on the weight loss! That’s sucks about your bathroom.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi... today I ate a big bag of chips :( And when I putted in the app and I saw the calories I almost die. I didn't knew that the chips were having that huge amount of calories. And now I feel a guilt that is making me sick, literally sick.

Don’t feel guilty just log it and move on with your day. I have a bag of chips every Friday and sometimes one on Saturday’s. It is the only thing that keeps me sane.
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry life got busy
    LW 198
    CW 198
    Maintaining right now which is better than gaining
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’ve been MIA for a wee bit and was having connection issues but all seems to be working again.

Picked lots of fresh kale / collard greens today and made a big pot of Portuguese Calde Verde - SO delicious and healthy.

Haven’t been walking outside much since there has been quite a few bear sightings but am trying to do online exercises - man I am so uncoordinated LOL.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    6/12 22699 steps
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Friday, June 12: 12,113
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Or as we say in my mother lenguage Egun on!!

F.W.: 297,4 = 134,9 kg
    P.W.: 294,3 = 133,5 kg
    C.W.: 292,3 = 132,6 kg

Steps from yesterday 12 June 10.005 steps

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 189.4
    Current weight: 190.4

Check-In: Friday, June 12

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) and Zumba ✅
    •Water: 4L !!! ✅
    •Steps: 15,140 ✅

Well there it is. My muscle repair gain. 1 lb up this week. I am feeling it all over my body. Fingers crossed next week my body will become used to the workouts and it will have finished repairing itself. This gain is discouraging as its the second week in a row I have a gain. But you all know I’ve been working my butt off this past week.

Yesterday I burned over 1300 calories on workouts alone. I had a girls night last night and I only had half a glass of wine and which is great from what I usually drink on a night out. I did however have a big dinner with them and very late for that matter which could have also contributed to this mornings weigh in. I’m gonna just accept it and keep moving forward. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for a great weigh in next week.

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 35 minute walk plus lots of 5 minute walks
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/11 13,672

PW 202.6
    CW 202.6

I am really disappointed. My weight is up a full pound from yesterday. My sodium intake was fine and I am not bloated or anything. My calories have been on point and my average deficit sets me up for around 1.75 pounds a week. I guess it is those scale fluctuations we all hear about. Hopefully, next week I will have a loss but this weekend we are celebrating my birthday so there will be lots of extra calories involved. I am going to try and be aware of what I am eating and I am going to log everything the best I can.

I haven’t walked yet today. I have an appointment at 9:30 and then I am going to head out. I am going to aim for 30 minutes minimum. I can’t tell you how freeing it feels to be able to escape this apartment.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk minimum 30 minutes
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Bed by 10 pm

You’ve had some good losses these past few weeks I think one maintain week is very good. Keep doing what your doing because it’s working.
    destiny_sierra
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW - 234.6
    CW - 233.4

Steps
    6/8 - 13,546
    6/9 - 11,256
    6/10 - 9.980
    6/11 - 18,162

I have been very absent the past couple weeks and I apologize, just when I think things are going to get back on track it derails. We had a leak in a pipe behind the bathtub and now they have completely torn out the entire bathroom, down to studs and no floor. I have been horrible with tracking food and drinking water since we have had people in and out for the past week and a half. I managed to drink 1.5L yesterday so here's hoping I am getting back on track!

Got your steps in. Well done with your weight loss this week. I’m sorry you’ve had a rough and stressful week. I do hope things turn around for you. Just do the best you can each day. Don’t look at tomorrow just focus on doing your best NOW. You can do it.
    Steps 6/11: 20,366
    No jump rope😕

Gotcha. ❤️

These calories are so sneaky. If you aren’t careful with weighing and setting your portion aside it can make your intake climb high in no time. I’ve learned to never eat out of the bag because I can easily eat an entire family pack of chips all by myself. I try to weigh and set aside my portion when I do have them but they are so high calories and SO NOT worth that I rarely have them. I’d rather have loads of fresh veggies with hummus. This fill me up and I can eat loads plus it’s low calorie. Get those bags of chips out of your house!
    Steps
    10 June 10.712 steps
    11 June 8.913 steps

Gotcha!
    Sorry life got busy
    LW 198
    CW 198

great job maintaining. Hope we see a little more of you this week ❤️
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    I’ve been MIA for a wee bit and was having connection issues but all seems to be working again.

Picked lots of fresh kale / collard greens today and made a big pot of Portuguese Calde Verde - SO delicious and healthy.

Haven’t been walking outside much since there has been quite a few bear sightings but am trying to do online exercises - man I am so uncoordinated LOL.

I think we’ve all had some issues getting on MFP for the past week so it’s understandable that you couldn’t check in as much. I hope it’s easier to get out this week and that those crazy bears stay far away from you lol.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/12 22699 steps

Gotcha!
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Friday, June 12: 12,113

Gotcha!
    Good morning!

Gotcha! Great loss this week! You are smashing it!

• Shad0wDancer
    Shad0wDancer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • Shad0wDancer
    Shad0wDancer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late update. Not in a good headspace this week. Exam time. Over now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sorry life got busy
    LW 198
    CW 198

Glad to hear from you! I maintained this week too. You are right, it is better than a gain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »

Glad to see you are back. I love greens! Stay away from the bears! We had one here in the city last week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning!

Amazing loss! You are doing so good!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 189.4
    Current weight: 190.4

Check-In: Friday, June 12

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) and Zumba ✅
    •Water: 4L !!! ✅
    •Steps: 15,140 ✅

Well there it is. My muscle repair gain. 1 lb up this week. I am feeling it all over my body. Fingers crossed next week my body will become used to the workouts and it will have finished repairing itself. This gain is discouraging as its the second week in a row I have a gain. But you all know I’ve been working my butt off this past week.

Yesterday I burned over 1300 calories on workouts alone. I had a girls night last night and I only had half a glass of wine and which is great from what I usually drink on a night out. I did however have a big dinner with them and very late for that matter which could have also contributed to this mornings weigh in. I’m gonna just accept it and keep moving forward. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for a great weigh in next week.

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

You have been working hard this week. I think you will do awesome next week. Are you still working with your trainer?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sorry for the late update. Not in a good headspace this week. Exam time. Over now.

Great loss again this week! I hope your exams went well. Let us know how you did.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 34 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/12 9,928

My steps yesterday were a lot lower than they have been the last 4 days. My thigh muscles are so sore. Walking and sitting down hurts. I am surprised that the increased steps would make me sore. I am going to aim for a 30 minute walk today.

I am off grocery shopping in a few a minutes. Have a great day all!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
    3. Stay within calorie goal
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Previous weight: 198.4lbs
    Current weight: 190.6

Steps:
    Thursday June 11: 8 195
    Friday June 12: 10 694

Jump Rope Challenge: 3 minutes

Weekly Sumup:
    I'm so pleased about this week! I worked hard and it paid off! For the first time, I tried IF, it wasn't perfect in terms that I hit the full 16 hours, twice, then I also did a couple of 13 hour fasts, but it's new to me so I'm not beating myself up. I worked out consistently, ate within my calories and didn't drink - this morning I hit a new low weight since I re-started my weightloss during confinement. I had a dinner on Thursday where I over-ate, so I need to start planning for these better, as when life resumes I'm out a lot as I have a very active social life.

Goals for next week:
    Do IF a few days next week again
    Get a bit faster when running, I'm going at snail pace at the moment

This discussion has been closed.