WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,157 Member
    Options
    It is good to catch up with everyone's day! Great job on stepping last week, and more to come for this week, right? Let's get a really high number to celebrate on June 18th - our crazy weird celebration thanks to @unevano . It's Special Day for whatever reason we want. Maybe you should have waited to make your fabulous cheesecake then, @micki48 :smiley:

I had a good bike ride - the PITA seems to be OK with the bicycle, so now I can pedal away if I'm not feeling like walking. I like the wind in the hair and the better shower-earning potential. And my grant application got done, sound files all beautifully organised, and the submit button hit. I haven't done one of these for a while, but it felt good to turn a few conversations and ideas into a real project that will be a lot of fun if we get the funding.

Good to see you back on track @graceojo999 and WTG @Alexsandramorff ! A lot of people have had difficulties logging on lately - you are not alone. And once you're back, be sure to connect with @unevano in keto land. I'm sure you can encourage each other and share lots of information.

Enjoy our Tuesday no-weigh-in day tomorrow. But hopefully it will give a time for these folks to get caught up!
    @reflectionofme
    @MoStacy
    @ells_runs
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 6,700
    It seems the Fitbit gives more accurate step readings which is very nice.
    We watched “13th” tonight. It’s a powerful movie about the 13th amendment and how systemic racism has been propagated over the last 100+ years.
    Netflix is granting access to see it even without membership.
    Have a good sleep. I’ll get up earlier for a pre-brekky cemetery walk. Mwah!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Here's the garden we were walking around in today. Very pretty and peaceful. We did SO much walking.

o0isofodjhhw.jpg

Wow this looks amazing.... loke the sceneries i watch on tv...
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 122.9
    CW: 122.1
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar - great the the bike is an option! There's definitely a feeling of freedom on a bike. SO much traffic around here, I rarely bicycle. And good for you with the grant - seems you work well (and fast!) under pressure!

@micki48 - I'm glad that cheesecake is miles and miles away from me. I have been giving in TOO much lately to sweet stuff and I have to shake that habit.

@terytha - beautiful peaceful garden - thanks for sharing the photo.

Today's the day my sister returns to our house to care for my dad for 5 hours. I'm still working from home until July 6th. I'm finding it a little stressful (her and the other caregiver's return). We have a routine and rhythm going for the last several months...also, my dad sometimes needs a good heave ho and I'm not so confident that either of them are going to be able to manage on their own. Let alone that of the two, my sister is out and about so much more and can't wait to go back to the gym, and we're asking that they wear masks when directly 'handling' my dad. It's difficult. It does seem as if I'll be going back in the office for just a few days/week and the other days at home which is good.
    Nothing sweeter than watermelon for me today - I want to see a happy scale on Thursday! Maybe someone should come up with a more responsive scale - it certainly makes me smile when my fitbit gives me fireworks when I hit my goal.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Whew... So a few things I have learned...

1-I just can't do weights, I hurt every single time.. so it's official I am sticking with pilates, yoga, body weight.. I've been told several times not to use weights with my back, but I of course am different, I can do anything, so last night I tried to trick my back and I used resistance bands and did some video workout, woke up at 4am with some severe inflammation in my S1/L5... I think I've finally gotten the message, I will never be able to lift weights, my doc was right... LOL

2- When you plan a 45 min workout 1st thing in the morning before any type of food, make sure you plan to have food as soon as you are done, waiting till 9 just isn't gonna happen... I was going to make a iced coffee with a protein shake to drink on my way in this morning, but I forgot till I was at the end of my street.. then I thought I'd stop at the grocery store and pick something up, but I'm lazy, so I didn't... so I'll know better next time...

3- I'm only on day 2 of my book but I am enjoying it, today is are you interested or committed to your weight loss Journey/ goals ? ... I think for once in my life I am officially committed, atleast 5 days of the week, the other 2 are definitely strongly interested... LOL :)

Steps for yesterday are 12,057 + 20 min resistance band workout

Have a fabulous Tuesday !

• jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Today's the day my sister returns to our house to care for my dad for 5 hours. I'm still working from home until July 6th. I'm finding it a little stressful (her and the other caregiver's return). We have a routine and rhythm going for the last several months...also, my dad sometimes needs a good heave ho and I'm not so confident that either of them are going to be able to manage on their own. Let alone that of the two, my sister is out and about so much more and can't wait to go back to the gym, and we're asking that they wear masks when directly 'handling' my dad. It's difficult. It does seem as if I'll be going back in the office for just a few days/week and the other days at home which is good.
    Nothing sweeter than watermelon for me today - I want to see a happy scale on Thursday! Maybe someone should come up with a more responsive scale - it certainly makes me smile when my fitbit gives me fireworks when I hit my goal.
    Oof - I hope it goes all right with your sister and the other caregiver. It sounds like one of those blasted bittersweet situations - doing it alone is tough, but having help comes with its own problems. Stand firm about masks and taking care of exposure - it is the most important thing they can do both for your dad and your own stress levels!

Watermelon. I always forget about it until it gets really hot - and it is supposed to get pretty warm for the next couple of days. Thanks for the reminder!

@terytha and @evelynladams527 - walks in lovely places. We are so lucky to have these. The steps just fly by when you have somewhere gorgeous to walk! Keep on trekking!

@Gidgitgoescrazy don't you love the way we need to keep learning lessons over again? I think it is the sign of optimism. Somehow we think it will be better this time - it just has to be, right? Hope you got your breakfast... :heart:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Monday numbers:

Steps - 7512 / 35 minute Heather Robertson workout and 10 minute Lucy Leg Circuit & 30 minute dog walk.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thought of a new idea to motivate myself...
    Im planning to make a collage of 30 days daily pics.....with the title SWEAT IS SEXY...atleast to click out this silly pic of myself drenched in sweat and post it in my friends group..... ill workout..😅😅😅
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @jugar Was there no weekly challenge this week ?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didnt give my weight yesterday needed to step a away from social media for day

@matthewsfive I can so relate! I find it all incredibly overwhelming. I don't have time like that to hang out on social media. Sometimes it's great to have a digital free day....or month. Lol
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    And my grant application got done, sound files all beautifully organised, and the submit button hit. I haven't done one of these for a while, but it felt good to turn a few conversations and ideas into a real project that will be a lot of fun if we get the funding.

@jugar I'm sure you've already explained, but I'm about 50 posts behind. What project did you write a grant for? Sounds interesting.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527 We watched 13th recently too. So powerful. And eye opening. Made me regret my Clinton vote. So much work to do.

Met my step goal but no outside time except to get to the car. Rain, rain, rain.

More tomorrow. 😀
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 10,600
    Bit of a sore throat today. I took a nap and have been drinking a lot of liquids...I really don’t want to be sick with anything - maybe it’s the trees all going bonkers? Maybe.
    Fingers crossed it’s not you-know-what!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    So 2 weeks ago, I decided to change my eating since I was always going over calories.. I decided to eat breakfast a little later and have dinner a little earlier and skip lunch all together... So thats been working well, really well actually I'm not snacky or anything eating this way... but the problem is I don't think this is conducive to my workouts, yesterday was tough but I made it through, this morning about 10 minutes into my video, my body was like nope, now it coulda been that I slept bad last night since my husband decide to snore all night long, and Lily my lovely kitty cat decided she wanted to sleep on top of me, so it was a very restless night... I guess we will see how this evening goes, cause I plan on making up what I didn't finish.. Maybe I'll walk over to subway and grab a turkey salad for lunch - see if that helps...

Either way, yesterday was 10,683 steps & 30 min yoga...

PS my thighs still hurt from the squats with the resistance band on monday... might have to scratch that strength workout this evening... guess I should start doing squats a little more often.. yeesh...

• jugar
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @jugar Was there no weekly challenge this week ?

I ran out of gas, and didn't post one yet... I'm going to try to get to that this morning.

I was thinking, since I'm SO late - to make a one day thing for our invented June 18th let's just celebrate day. Everyone posts a tip for others based on what is working for them, or something like that. I'm hoping inspiration will hit shortly :p
This discussion has been closed.