TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Replies

• Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Do weigh in's start this week? I am Monday's and don't want to miss if I should be submitting today. :smiley:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I love that you have stayed in TBL challenge even though you are maintaining... you are exactly where I want to be in 2-3 months! How did you lose your original weight may I ask?[quote="Keepingtrack1234;c-45128318"

[/quote]

Well, I was only 20 lol-so it was EASY! I just stopped eating so much JUNK food, hahah! I had gotten into bad habits in college and gained the freshman FORTY!

It was easy to stay slim with little to no effort throughout my 20's and 30's. I had my daughter at 34 and gained about 40 pounds; the last ten was where I had to change some habits.

I would say the best ways I maintain are with strength training and not eating many processed foods; I focus heavily on veg, fruit and proteins and try to eat one salad a day (usually lunch). When I am doing this consistently, it's easy for weight to stay off and I ever feel deprived. BUT...these last 3-4 months have sucked. I have been snacking on random things, etc...so back up a few.
    I wish there was a magic answer...
  • dlofficer
    dlofficer Posts: 101 Member
    Weigh in day!
    Username: dlofficer
    Week: July Week 1
    PW: 190
    CW: 189
  • tmartin1994
    tmartin1994 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi. I'm 47, married. I have dog and am a bonus mom to two young adults.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,903 Member
    edited June 2020
    That is correct! And since no one on our team has a Sunday weigh in, you are first up to bat Smiles 😉
    Smilee3233 wrote: »
    Do weigh in's start this week? I am Monday's and don't want to miss if I should be submitting today. :smiley:

• Krysless2
    edited June 2020
    vc4c3lcwic5i.jpeg

Hi guys! Since I am new here can we do a roll call? Please I compared this month to last month and there are quite a few people that weren’t carried over to July! Here’s a screenshot of Our July roster. Please let me know if you are missing off this list! Thank you! 🤓 @Keepingtrack1234
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    June 28
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: yes, barely
    Exercise: yes (2 x 30 min walks, total steps 8000)
  • Krysless2
    Was this for Sunday or Monday?
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    June 29
    Exercised? Yes. 4 km walk. 50 minutes. 12,127 steps so far. Off to bed soon
    Calories? Yes. In budget
    Tracked? Yes

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    June 28
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    June 29
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercised: no

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    vc4c3lcwic5i.jpeg

Hi guys! Since I am new here can we do a roll call? Please I compared this month to last month and there are quite a few people that weren’t carried over to July! Here’s a screenshot of Our July roster. Please let me know if you are missing off this list! Thank you! 🤓 @Keepingtrack1234

I notice that @squirrelsquad @glouis4 and @allietuge are not on the list.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Hello, I am returning. I have been to my GP and she has put me on a low fat diet, with no sugars. Im not sure if I can stick to it, so I am going more for the Mediterranean diet. its because I have a strong family history of heart problems. I have 8kg to lose. I find the hardest thing is exercise.

I have diabetes and fatty liver. I tried a low fat diet for 3 months and I kept craving olive oil the entire time! Eventually I modified my diet to include olive oil, and I realized it would be sustainable only with olive oil😁

Mediterranean is the best diet, in my opinion, as long as you eliminate or minimize simple carbs.

Good luck and welcome. I'm trying to lose about 20 kg!
  • metubal
    Hi,

Metubal, or real name, Ebru. I'm 49, married, have a 12-year-old son. Fit and healthy until I got pregnant at 36. It was a complicated pregnancy with strict bedrest, gestational diabetes, and health issues with the baby. After my son was born, both my and my son's health have gotten progressively worse. Stress and depression led me into emotional eating and I gained 70 lbs in 10 years. In 2018 I was diagnosed with diabetes and fatty liver disease. I changed my habits, kicked depression's butt, and lost 36 lbs. I continued with the healthy life style for a year, but my son's health declined seriously in 2019 and I found myself snacking, not sleeping, not drinking water, and overeating again. I gained 25 lbs back. This time, along with weight came joint pain and stiffness in general.

So... here I am, trying to find my health and peace (and to lose weight) in this difficult life.

I worked as a financial analyst for many years, hated it but stayed in for the money. Then I started doing translations, which was my dream job. I quit working 5 years ago to take care of my son. I homeschool him, he is a very bright kid who loves science, airplanes, and video games.

Looking forward to getting healthier together!

• glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for noticing I’m missing for the list. Haha!

So I’m back for July, and looking forward to the new month
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233
    July week 1
    PW: 235.0
    CW: 234.2
  • Smilee3233
    June 29
    Tracked food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

• 12Sarah2015
    metubal wrote: »
    Hello, I am returning. I have been to my GP and she has put me on a low fat diet, with no sugars. Im not sure if I can stick to it, so I am going more for the Mediterranean diet. its because I have a strong family history of heart problems. I have 8kg to lose. I find the hardest thing is exercise.

I have diabetes and fatty liver. I tried a low fat diet for 3 months and I kept craving olive oil the entire time! Eventually I modified my diet to include olive oil, and I realized it would be sustainable only with olive oil😁

Mediterranean is the best diet, in my opinion, as long as you eliminate or minimize simple carbs.

Good luck and welcome. I'm trying to lose about 20 kg!

thanks. i can eat olive oil on the low fat diet I've been given. i ate processed biscuits with cheese today, which is a definite no, but I will just cut out all dairy for the rest of today, and do a bit of extra exercise. hubby went shopping and loaded the cupboard with junk (he has fatty liver).

i didnt realise how much extra saturated fat i was getting by using butter and cheese so I've stopped that (i was substituting coz hubby cant have chilli at the moment). if it wasnt for hubby id be thin like when i was single lol :)

with carbs, ive switched back to brown rice. family love lentils too so will be trying some middle eastern stews. No one in my family like wholewheet pasta so I usually have pasta just once a week. We have always eaten brown bread (unless I make my own).

My grandparents on one side ate whatever they wanted till they past away age 92+. but heart disease even with very healthy foods and weight is so high on my other side of the family. Im hoping to be healthier by the end of the month, and get my whole family into good habits.
  • 12Sarah2015
    Smilee3233 wrote: »
    Smilee3233
    July week 1
    PW: 235.0
    CW: 234.2

Wonderful!
  • Krysless2
    vc4c3lcwic5i.jpeg

I notice that @squirrelsquad @glouis4 and @allietuge are not on the list.
    Thank you!
  • Krysless2
    Date: Mon, June29th
    ~~~ Week 1; Day2 ~~~
    MiniAccountabilityChallenge:
    🥀🌹🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Under Cals(1200, minus Fitbit cals)••
    🥀🌹🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes,-453; 2DayNet: 2387; 2DayAvg: 1193
    ••Tracking••
    🌹🌹🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Exercise(20min)••
    🥀🌹🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ No
    End of Day: MFP 5week Prediction: 139.9
    ~~~ Personal Goals ~~~
    Water Intake(64oz/daily):
    🥀🥀🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ 60oz today
    StepGoal(8500/Daily):
    🥀🥀🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ 8301 steps today
    20 min Yoga(2days):
    🔜🔜🔘🔜🔜🔘🔚
    Intermittent Fasting(16:8):
    🥀🌹🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘; i worked thru lunchtime which definitely helped
    Weight Training(3days):
    🔜🔜🔘🔛🔘🔛🔘
    Thoughts/Goals/Triggers ~ tired and off to bed!🥱
  • metubal
    Metubal
    6/29
    Calories tracked? Yes.

Calories under? Barely but yes

Workout? 25 mins Leslie Sansone, 20 mins butt and thigh workout, and started a plank challenge with only 20 seconds today.

Water? Currently at 5 cups, I have 2hours until bedtime, so I'm sure I'll reach 8 cups today.

Net carbs: 67. Way over my goal of 45.

Bed time last night: 1am
    Wake up: 9:30!
    Good sleep time but what a lazy start for the day!