Replies

• Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @Kenyaa3
    July Week 1
    PW: Can’t Remember my Previous
    CW: 274.2

Was down for a few days due to back issues but getting back to my walking slowly but surely. Have a good Thursday!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    July 2
    Exercised? No. But have 6,500 steps so far
    Calories? Under yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • tmartin1994
    tmartin1994 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    July 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories? Under
    Exercise: HIIT with weights
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Information on our Step & Water Challenge! Start counting JULY 4TH!
    Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz per week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will be adjusting the spreadsheet.

I will do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

The challenge will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday, same as our weekly weigh ins and MUAC challenge timeline💦 👟👟

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP CHALLENGE OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @Krysless2 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(DAILYx7)AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET! :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post July 1
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Chest/Shoulder lift then 30 mins on treadmill at 3.1mph
    Steps: 8469
    Water: 128oz

@Krysless2 I will join the water and step challenge! My goal is 7000 steps a day so 49000 a week. Do we post this every day or once a week?
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Awesome! I have added you! and however you want to post is fine. Though I do believe if you make it a part of your daily MUAC checkin that would be the cleanest format for me to follow along😊
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post July 1
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Chest/Shoulder lift then 30 mins on treadmill at 3.1mph
    Steps: 8469
    Water: 128oz

@Krysless2 I will join the water and step challenge! My goal is 7000 steps a day so 49000 a week. Do we post this every day or once a week?

• metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Krysless2

I'm in for the water/step challenge.

Step goal: 7,000.

I'm a stay home mom and I take only about 3,000-4,000 steps in a day. So I have to go for a walk or do a "walk from home" workout to get my steps in. This means at least 20-30 mins of intentional workout, which is one of my goals.

• Krysless2
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    @Krysless2

What is MUAC, btw?
    so glad you can participate! What is your weekly step goal so I can add you to the spreadsheet?

I’ll reference the MUAC rules below\/\/\/😉 The acronym stands for Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @metubal
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hello team Gutbusters!
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts today Sunday, June28th!!

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    July 1, Wed
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: no (been focused on work and my poor sick kitty)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    I missed this! Thank you! You have been added to the spreadsheet with a 49000 weekly goal. We will start this challenge on July 4th! Hopefully this will encourage us all to move more!
    metubal wrote: »
    @Krysless2

Step goal: 7,000.

I'm a stay home mom and I take only about 3,000-4,000 steps in a day. So I have to go for a walk or do a "walk from home" workout to get my steps in. This means at least 20-30 mins of intentional workout, which is one of my goals.

• LinnyKitten
    LinnyKitten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I’m a little late. I last weighed in last Tuesday, should I post my weigh in for Tuesday June 30th? :open_mouth:
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I’m a little late. I last weighed in last Tuesday, should I post my weigh in for Tuesday June 30th? :open_mouth:

Yes ma’am you sure can. If you ever miss your day you have until end of day Saturday to post it🤓
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen 790
    July week 1
    PW 166.0
    CW 166.0
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Date: Thurs, June30th
    ~~~ Week 1; Day5 ~~~
    MiniAccountabilityChallenge:
    🥀🌹🥀🌹🌹🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Under Cals(1200, minus Fitbit cals)••
    🥀🌹🌹🌹🌹🔘🔘 ~ Yes,-186; 5DayNet: 5582; 5DayAvg: 1116
    ••Tracking••
    🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Exercise(20min)••
    🥀🌹🥀🌹🌹🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    b]~~~[/b] Personal Goals ~~~
    Water Intake(64oz/daily):
    🥀🥀🌹🌹🥀🔘🔘 ~ 50oz today
    StepGoal(8500/Daily):
    🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🔘🔘 ~ 6428 steps today
    End of Day: MFP 5week Prediction: 142.6
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi! Betsy here, I don't even know which time zone I'm in, but I live in the middle East. Desperately hoping for a better loss this month.

@flourchild225
    July Week 1
    PW: 135.4
    CW: 136.2
  • dlofficer
    dlofficer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    July 2 Check In:
    Calories: 76 over
    Steps: 5316
    I’m finding sugar is my enemy. And with teenagers, it seems to be everywhere!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    July 3rd:
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: No, due to back issues.
  • metubal
    Options
    Hi! Betsy here, I don't even know which time zone I'm in, but I live in the middle East. Desperately hoping for a better loss this month.

@flourchild225
    July Week 1
    PW: 135.4
    CW: 136.2

Hi Betsy,

Where do you live in the Middle East? I'm originally from Izmir, Turkey.
  • metubal
    edited July 2020
    Options
    July 2

●Calories tracked? Yes.
    ●Calories under? Yes. Actually too low today. I'm just not feeling well.
    ●Workout? No. Not feeling well😔
    ●Water? 5 cups😔
    ●Net carbs: 38🙂😀 Fiber 11.
    ●Bed time last night: 2am🙄
    ●Wake up: 8:30

Hubby was off today! What a lovely suprise! But I didnt feel well all day, boo.1) I hurt my big toe yesterday, dont know how? But it hurts and i can't bend it. So limped all day. Naturally no workout. 2)my heartbeat was odd all day. Finally I checked it with an oximeter and it was jumping between 68 and 95 erratically. Grrmmprhhh. Don't know what the problem was. Hopefully it will go away by tomorrow morning.