WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Pw 166
    Cw 164.8

I did it, i think this is the fist time I've ever set a weight goal and met it... Now if I can keep it there after 4 days in the woods, thats the real challenge.... have a great weekend!!!

Have a great trip! You'll hopefully get plenty of exercise to offset any extra intake :smiley:
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @micki48 and @jugar can I please be back on the board for steps for July?
    I have my work back to normal now so lots of steps during the day 🤭
    Also when is the deadline to post steps for the week? I would prefer to post a photo as a proof, because I do quite a lot, but I don't mind posting my steps every night if that's easier?

01 July steps 16,020
    02 July steps 20,032

Thank you Team ♥️
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Turned my back on my zucchini plants for 2 days and they doubled in size. Checking daily now. Going to be making zucchini bread hopefully today.
    Feeling bloated and really need to work on no snacking or at least no processed food snacking.
    Got a call yesterday that while at the dentist office last week was exposed to covid19. Been over a week and feel fine. 2 of us getting teeth clean and 1 of us getting a tooth fixed. All 3 of us feel fine and no symptoms. Doing everything to boost our immune systems.
    DH had TKR 3 weeks ago. Everything went really well but his skin had a reaction to the adhesive of the bandage. Very painful removing bandage. Layers of skin removed and now blisters. It has been 2 days after removing bandage. Looks like bad burns on his skin but the incision looks good. No infection - that is the main thing. Little stressful over here but things are headed in the right direction.
    What a journey in this post - from zucchini to snacks, exposure to the virus, and a really not fun reaction to adhesives! I hope your DH is doing OK with that - mine had both knees done a few years ago, and once he got through the first few months, he is a new person. Physiotherapy was his daily devotion for quite a while, but it really paid off. He's 73, out in the woods with a chain saw all day sometimes, can stack 6 full cords of firewood in 3 hours. He also had a shoulder replacement a year ago, and that got him going even better! Amazing stuff. But the adhesive allergy thing is horrible. I have had that, and it really is not fun. Hope it heals fast!

I hope you stay well, and enjoy all the wonderful zucchini. I eat it just about every day, even though my plants are only just starting to flower. It makes great meals of all kinds. I have a fabulous gluten free zuke muffin recipe, but mostly I use it in skillet messes, as DH calls them. Enjoy!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is recommitment day. Should have been yesterday but it was a holiday so we pushed to today: (almost) exactly halfway through 2020, the beginning of the downhill slope to the end, now is the time to gain momentum!

As for me: 100 calories for after dinner snacks/candy per day, period. No more excuses, no more "it's only an extra 20 calories."

No more alcohol until Christmas. I actually thought I was gonna die yesterday, I guess I lost 90 pounds of pure alcohol tolerance.

Less bread, at least until I determine if the bread is hurting my stomach. Maybe I'll pick up sourdough again.

Less take out. I love Pho Friday, but its dangerous: cheap, plentiful, loaded with salt. Hard on my increasingly sensitive stomach (thanks, genetics.)

More fiber, tentatively. I'm gonna try again anyway.

More personal projects and less laziness. I need to work on my mental health and that means picking up my old projects: that book I was writing and my language learning efforts.

Anyone else doing mid-year resolutions?
    WOW! That is an impressive list of resolutions. I love the loss of 90 pounds of pure alcohol tolerance! A good thing to lose. And yeah, leaving out bread sure works for me. Hope it does for you! I had not thought of doing mid-year resolutions. I look forward to hearing who else is up for that!
  • jugar
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    @micki48 and @jugar can I please be back on the board for steps for July?
    I have my work back to normal now so lots of steps during the day 🤭
    Also when is the deadline to post steps for the week? I would prefer to post a photo as a proof, because I do quite a lot, but I don't mind posting my steps every night if that's easier?

01 July steps 16,020
    02 July steps 20,032

Thank you Team ♥️

watch out! look at those numbers :o

And speaking of numbers, Happy Birthday even if it is a day late, @YinxFed !!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous day, and that was much deserved! All the cheery and happy energy is much appreciated :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Tomorrow it's...
    2soyobrtjs6b.png

Friday weigh-ins!!!! Our big day - get your dancin' shoes on! Or wait a minute, it's better to weigh in without shoes.
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @ELENA01
    @happimess01

And still holding out for our late people:
    the wonderful sisters @graceojo999 and @Alexsandramorff and our friend on the waters @CM_73 B)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Turned my back on my zucchini plants...
    Always tempting to ignore the zucchini plants but then, one ends up with submarines!
    Are you in an area where you can get tested for C-19? Vermont has “pop-up” testing sites and gets people tested quite quickly. We had it done 2 weeks ago. Reassuring to know more concretely.
    I hope all is well.

As for the skin issues with adhesives - ouch! The last time I had to deal with it I was advised to cover the area with lotion before working on removal. It seemed to break down some of the stickiness.
    Best to all.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We woke up this morning to sunshine after 72 hours of pretty much straight rain, just in time to pack up and drive 5 hours home. But the sunshine followed us here and we got home in time to play 9 holes of golf. :)
    So now I will get back on track with exercise. And I have added a yoga mat to the list of things I need to pack into the trailer so I can at least being doing some stretching if we run into inclement weather again.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

thank you so much for letting me join- I'm delighted to be a part of the group.

I'm based in Dublin (Ireland), we are just coming out of lockdown - but everyone is still working from home.

Last year I was just 3 lbs away from goal weight. However, after a death in the family at Christmas I re-gained most of that weight in Jan/Feb, and am now working on getting back down to goal weight: just 11lbs to go.

I'm hoping to lose 4lbs in July.

One of the good things about lockdown is that I've learnt lots of new recipes. I'm coeliac and allergic to most grains. Prior to my diagnosis, I was vegan/vegetarian for most of my life. After diagnosis, I ended up eating a meat-based paleo diet due to non-stop travel. Lockdown has allowed me the time to discover and practice making vegan/vegetarian paleo recipes. Yesterday I had moroccan falafel, lentil stuffed peppers, and coconut/garlic roast cauliflower. Today I'll be making a vegan thai red curry.

Now, I just need to add the final element: CICO.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is recommitment day. Should have been yesterday but it was a holiday so we pushed to today: (almost) exactly halfway through 2020, the beginning of the downhill slope to the end, now is the time to gain momentum!

As for me: 100 calories for after dinner snacks/candy per day, period. No more excuses, no more "it's only an extra 20 calories."

No more alcohol until Christmas. I actually thought I was gonna die yesterday, I guess I lost 90 pounds of pure alcohol tolerance.

Less bread, at least until I determine if the bread is hurting my stomach. Maybe I'll pick up sourdough again.

Less take out. I love Pho Friday, but its dangerous: cheap, plentiful, loaded with salt. Hard on my increasingly sensitive stomach (thanks, genetics.)

More fiber, tentatively. I'm gonna try again anyway.

More personal projects and less laziness. I need to work on my mental health and that means picking up my old projects: that book I was writing and my language learning efforts.

Anyone else doing mid-year resolutions?

Hello!

yes to the mid-year resolutions!!! This july refocussing is helping me track my progress and my adherence to healthy habits.

If you're having tummy trouble, maybe take a break from what you're currently eating. I'm coeliac and allergic to lots of other grains including corn and sugar. Check out Elena's pantry for recipes which might help your stomach: https://elanaspantry.com/
This discussion has been closed.