MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    my kitchen scales are out and I'm weighing everything and logging it .
    I have a July plan on my fridge and ticking off as I do them.
    IT started last Saturday after weigh in so today is day 6.
    1, fill in food & exercise diary.
    2.exercises. dogs walk. 5k. aerobic .
    3. reaching over 10000. steps a day.
    4. no snacks after 7pm.
    5. no bread.
    6. no alcohol.
    So far its working yayyy .
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    o7qmv3c3d9ny.jpg

@bethanie0825 - What a great weigh-in this week! You are kicking booty!

@DesertColibri - The martial arts school I study at is unusual. Our curriculum includes training in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Hapkido, Kung Fu, and Jiu Jitsu.
    Your running sounds like such fun! I love running and do it almost not at all because of knee issues.
    Oh, and by the way, I am a Garmin user, too. If you like having connections there, we can connect! I am Austin Ruadhain there, too.

@2020shih - Big hurray for those kitchen scales! I SO love your July plan!

@davors19 -- Good job holding steady!

WEDNESDAY: 🟒/🟑
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Wednesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 (Jenny Ford Step by Step)
    - Bonus workout of some kind 🟒 (walk with husband!)
    - Weights 🟒
    Stretch/Yoga 🟒
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Declutter something in home office 🟒
    - Scary Project #1 βšͺ
    - Scary Project #2 βšͺ
    THURSDAY Goals
    Thursday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ βšͺ
    - Bonus workout βšͺ
    - Weights βšͺ
    Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    Martial Arts - 2 forms βšͺ
    Other Goals
    - Declutter one shelf in home office
    - Scary Project #1 βšͺβšͺβšͺ
    - Scary Project #2 βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ

I came across this this morning and found it inspirational. Still seems appropriate even though today is the 2nd!

s7jup5sxt0it.jpg

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In! Whoo-Whoo!!

Username - MommaGemz
    Day - Thursday
    SW - 196.2
    PW - 191.6
    CW - 189.4
    LTD - 6.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine I hope July is better for you. No sweet and sodas are a good addition to your list. Do you have any rewards set up should you achieve your July goals?

@Katmary71 Going off all of those medications must have felt like a tremendous step forward, so I can see why it would feel like a step back now. Hopefully, it helps you and that will make up for it. Your nephew must have enjoyed making the pesto with his auntie. That's a good way to bond with him. I just bought a Thug Kitchen cookbook but haven't made anything out of it yet.

@MommaGemz Yes, exactly how I feel! Thank you I appreciate it. Sorry about the stress on your end, too. It's good you thought to pre-track everything out. You are doing great!!! Hang in there. Great loss!!!

@TeresaW1020 I know, right? Yes, the hotel is dog friendly but the problem is that my dog is not dog friendly lol. So, that will be tricky. Luckily, my dog is snack-sized so I can pick him up and carry him around so he can't attack other dogs. The hotel has a kitchenette with a dishwasher and a full-sized fridge. It's actually going to be pretty nice! Your Flatout pizza sounds like a perfect way to break a fast. Congrats on finishing the puzzle.

@cherrymajoni Congrats on reaching your personal best! Woo hoo!

@AustinRuadhain lol well I'm glad I have an audience in you at least lol!!!

@2020shih Great goals!

Hello everyone. Not much going on here. I made a salmon dish last night with a sweet chili sauce and pineapples. It was pretty good but as usual, I overcooked the salmon (we like it medium-rare). My husband does a much better job with salmon. I served it with some steamed broccoli. I slept pretty well, I actually got 8 hours of sleep for once. My goal is to get at least 7 1/2 hours a night. I have a free 90-day trial of FitBit Premium and am using a sleep program to better my sleep through that. It's helping me focus on better sleep.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @MommaGemz - Great weigh-in! Huge hurray to being in the 180s!

@trooworld - You are making me giggle with this:
    Yes, the hotel is dog friendly but the problem is that my dog is not dog friendly lol. So, that will be tricky. Luckily, my dog is snack-sized so I can pick him up and carry him around so he can't attack other dogs.
    So glad your sleep was so good! That makes such a huge difference!
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @2020shih well done on keeping up with your targets, I too did no alcohol until I met my first target weight which I did a couple weeks back then celebrated with a bottle of Bailey's πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ but now am back on the no alcohol

@Austinruadhain thanks I'll check Jenny ford next time am low on steps

Thursday check in

Today lovely 5k morning walk at 7am then at 10am I joined Instagram 1hr live workout session it's with a PT Β£15 month subscription I joined yesterday.

Then general life up and down managed to meet my steps goal 13,000

Total calories burnt today 1188 πŸ”₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ”₯

Unfortunately am still struggling with the sleep I managed to get 5hrs 24mins last night am hoping next week when my son is back at nursery my sleeping will be better as he'll get into a better sleep routine
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just going to do a quick check-in. I read all your post but I am honestly too tired to reply, so please forgive me. Hubby and I switched sides of the bed to see if that will help solve my shoulder that has been hurting for months. Well, my shoulder does feel better but I've had two nights of not sleeping well at all. It's like being in a hotel, so I should sleep fine tonight now that I'm getting used to a whole new side of the bed. :D I went to work today and the staff wanted to go to lunch so I broke my fast with Mexican and had wayyyy too many chips. Then my mom wanted Subway for dinner tonight and offered to pay. So, needless to say I will be fasting most of the day tomorrow. ;)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 1 weigh in Thursday (02Jul2020)
    Previous weight:175.3
    Current weight: 174.1
    LTD MFP #2 60.9 lbs
    LTD overall 125.9 lbs

Hi all, good weigh in, happy about it. Had a good day by some measures but not all. Water under, cals under the total but a little over the baseline of 1220 for a 1 pound a week loss. Sleep good - exercise....can we talk? I had a bad back episode last night where it was hard to stand/walk/sit. After a 9 mile bike ride before dinner, we came home and as I was just walking around with a hurty back and hip, something went *pop* in my lower back and SHAZAM was it painful the rest of the night. So hubby demanded that I take it easy for a week with less strenuous walks and bike rides. Uh. Yeah, sounds good. Butbut BUT - I don't want to take it easy!! Wow, I get it. @katmary71 this is just a taste of what you have been doing and, well, it makes me very unhappy to think of it! I know I need to, no point in going overboard and causing more delaying issues but I'm just. OVER IT is the best I have to say here and my attitude, despite being very real and sincere in feelings, is pointless. Just gotta get on board or keep suffering. Moment of solidarity for all of my team who are or may be facing the issue of having to back off from exercise for various reasons, thinking also of @vegan4lyfe2012

@TeresaW1020 the chips always get me at a Mexican meal! Throw in some guac and you had me at OlΓ©!!
    @cherrymajoni getting the sleep is so key - and then you feel so much better doing all of that training and running! Here's hoping you get several nights in a row as the holiday weekend approaches!
    @trooworld we also like the medium rare salmon! When I am thinking ahead, I cook extra and then the next night I have 'adult salmon patties' and do them in the spirit of really good crab cakes. And for a binder, I use a little baked potato chunks! It's a trick I learned from a recipe I have long since lost but remember the best part of - does the binding without adding crackers or other bread and while it adds only a very mild falvor, it's really good and complimentary to the finished salmon cakes! You're always sharing great tips so I hope this is intriguing!
    @AustinRuadhain hey - I don't know if you know this but your scary project dots just gained ground on you - they have multiplied!! Shazam, that is scary! Ahhhh, I sure do hope they are getting at least some lighter!! I al also one who really REALLY loves to make the goal/badge/bar - whatever silly thing is out there for motivation. Funny thing is.... IT WORKS!!
    @MommaGemz whoohoo is right!! GREAT weigh in!! => I love your 2019 stats calendar, those are really amazing to look back on - and over 6 pounds for June is amazing, way to go!!
    @davors19 hey, way to go, keepin' it green and STEADY!
    @2020shih pretty awesome that the kitchen scales have become so routine for you, way to go!!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I also really love the new color cast....so sad for you that it is there at all!!!
    @Katmary71 can't tell you how many times I have lost a long post, it is quite the dang mood killer. QUITE.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain lol! I'm glad I could give you a giggle! ;) Yes, sleep makes an amazing difference and it's been very difficult for me lately.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry you are having sleep issues, too. I hope it helps to switch sides of the bed.

@raleighgirl09 I'm sorry about the hurty back and hip. It's good that you take a rest for a week and re-evaluate. Please take care of yourself! <3 Yes, medium-rare salmon is the way to go! Your adult salmon patties sound really yummy! Yes, this is very intriguing...I have never made salmon patties before, but you make me want to make them! :D

@TeresaW1020 I'd consider it a win if you ate tortilla chips anywhere near your weigh-in day! lol Woo hoo!

Hi all! I'm hanging in over here. Trying not to be a stress case. I'm making something from a new cookbook tonight (Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook...it has a lot of bad language in it but if you can get past that, the recipes look good). I'm making Black Bean Tortas with Coconut Chipotle Mayo. It should be good! In other news, we are going to be able to stay in our house throughout the process of the bathroom remodel (most likely), as they didn't have to take out the toilet after all. That makes us very happy!

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thug kitchen is great! Their Instagram has good recipes too
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in

Here we are - July 4th holiday, wooooohooooo!! Had a moment last night and racked up an extra 425 calories at the end of the day, logged those this morning.... =< And I don't think I reported this to you guys but in the last, ohhh maybe 5 weeks, I have had 2 instances of sleep eating. Yes - I know it sounds kinda crazy. 4 or 5 weeks ago and then about 2 weeks ago, I got out of bed....from a sleep state but at the moment it felt as if I had been awake. Went into the kitchen and had a snack and at some point while eating, I realized that I was sooo, soooooo, soooooooo TIRED! I *think* that was when I was coming back to an actual awakened state, not the half in, half out state I got out of bed with. So, I'm going to just leave this right here because that is some cray-cray stuff and I have been thinking about it but honestly not sure how to process it. I Googled it to see if it was even a thing and saw some more wackoness than I have had so, there is that. Feeling better by not being as bad off as some other folks. Let's call it a coping mechanism and move along.

I felt good this morning so took a walk before it got too hot, a little over 2 miles and 6,000ish steps. I'll probably leave it at that and likely get to the 10,000 steps goal just with moving about because I have some things to do. No pains or woes from it - that, by its very definition, constitutes a Good Day in my eyes.

Have pre-planned and pre-logged today's food, have my firs 4 cups of water beside me, got great sleep. Seems to be a good day stacking up! YAY me!!

@trooworld so thrilled you don't have to move from your house for the reno!! Most excellent news! For the adult salmon patties (the other kind coming from canned salmon, still quite delish but a very different thing), I carefully mix my barely broken up cooked salmon and add in one beaten egg and some finely diced onion and some diced baked potato flesh. I add pepper and salt could be added - and any fresh herb you like such as minced parsley or cilantro, the green really gives a nice flavor. The key is for it to be able to make a patty but, like crab cakes, you want chunks of the meat and not a lot of filler. Minced peppers would be good, as well. I like panko pressed on the sides and a gentle saute in some light olive oil, can also be done or finished in the oven with less oil.
    @TeresaW1020 excellent weigh in!! It's good to have a splurge sometimes and those were good ones! Way to go keeping it green!
    @DesertColibri and @Katyjcrafts you guys are ROCKIN' IT solid.....fantastic week 1 weigh in and progress!!! WOOT!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    4ehwzu5t4xbg.jpg

THURSDAY: 🟒/🟑
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Thursday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒
    - Bonus workout πŸ”΄
    - Weights 🟒
    Stretch/Yoga 🟒
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Declutter one shelf in home office πŸ”΄
    - Scary Project #1 🟒
    - Scary Project #2 πŸ”΄
    FRIDAY Goals
    Friday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ βšͺ
    - Bonus workout βšͺ
    - Weights βšͺ
    Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    Martial Arts - 2 forms βšͺ
    Other Goals
    - Declutter one shelf in home office
    - Scary Project #1 βšͺ
    - Scary Project #2 βšͺ

@DesertColibri and @trooworld - I don't actually eat much out of Thug Kitchen, but they are more fun to read than just about any other foodies I can think of! For the curious -- their website will give you a good idea as to whether their idea of fun lines up with yours.

@trooworld - Yay to being able to stay in your house! As someone who has stayed in my house through remodeling a bathroom, I wish you all the best.

@TeresaW1020 - Yay to being down despite eating out twice yesterday! And double yay to being down over 55 pounds!
    I so hope your shoulder is getting better.

@DesertColibri -- Woohoo! You are in the 150s now! That is so amazing! Happy hiking!

@Katyjcrafts - WOW! Amazing weigh-in!

@raleighgirl09 - Yes, my dots did multiply. And I undid that today. I think I need to stick to "at least one thing" father than having dots for ALL the things for the projects. Too discouraging otherwise. I keep reminding myself -- we get better by being happy! So onwards with baby steps and celebration in the moment I get something done. I have been slacking on that and it truly does slow down the momentum.

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Please bear with me as I'm getting used to logging into MFP and groups again and tend to forget where I'm going and what I'm doing.

The support of this group is absolutely amazing. I was tearing up as I read the comments. The hard work everyone puts in is so inspirational.

I have successfully completed 2 days of my goals which feels great. I know there will be days that will be awesome and some that will be sucktacular. I have never tried to cut out sodas before (Diet Coke = oxygen) and so the fact that I haven't missed it yet is kind of weird for me. I haven't missed sweets either although I know the day will come where I'll crave it. I am a carbon-based lifeform after all. I have cut out sweets for over a year before and came out of it alive (obviously).

I showed my son my goals and he thinks they are rather aggressive. He said it's a whole lot of "NOs". I told him it's only 2 but he still thinks it's a lot for me. He's a big fan of moderation. I don't think it's that he doesn't believe I can't do it...it's just that he doesn't want me to limit myself and then if I slip up then I just give up. He thinks I should allow myself a soda once a day or two or whatever. I'm still sticking with the NO for now. I gave a lot of thought to my goals before I added them...and I think I can do this.

I am going to add self love to my goals. I don't remember where I saw it...must've been a different page...but I remember seeing someone suggest it for me. I know I'm very hard on myself. I always have been. I've done better the past couple of days as I've been working on pushing myself on my other goals...so hopefully this one will be easier to add!

And reward??? No, I haven't even thought of a reward. I guess I really should consider a reward. Hmmmmmm. I don't have a clue!!!

Getting my steps in on the holidays and weekends are toughest because they are the laziest days. I am going to join the club that my son works at so at least I'll have treadmills that I can use. My family will most certainly help hold me accountable. They have a tendency to be a nudge! LOL I know my son will definitely make sure that I go workout!!! He's always been a big supporter of his momma!!! So far...I'm feeling pretty good about this!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 1 7/3
    PW: 188.7
    CW: 190
    LTD: 0
This discussion has been closed.