WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I had a piece of honey pie today. Birthday pie is so hard to refuse even if it's not your birthday.

Honey pie - that's a new one on me! Here in Québec we have tarte au sucre (maple syrup pie), but I have never seen a honey pie. Well maybe my great aunt called me that once. Do you have a recipe? I'm curious. I would not have refused it either!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Honestly, I’m kind of down today. This afternoon was not on program. I ate potato chips, a wafer cookie, a thin slice of lemon blueberry pound cake. I wanted to eat everything. I have not gotten in my steps or done specific exercises. I am feeling like I will forever be stuck in my house. We can’t go anywhere. Can’t take the baby anywhere. Just us. Day after day after day. I haven’t seen my son since April. I’m tired of it, but know it’s necessary. It’s just hard adjusting to this new schedule I guess. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Just thought if I wrote it here. I could shake it. 😢

It is so hard! I haven't seen my parents or my daughter, my sibs or my nieces for months, either. There will be days when we take it like champs, go on our walks, eat right, exercise, and feel OK. Then there will be this kind. Eating everything for one day feels kind of good. Try to keep it to one day, all right? See if you can find something really beautiful, and remember how loved you are. :heart: :heart:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I had a piece of honey pie today. Birthday pie is so hard to refuse even if it's not your birthday.

Honey pie - that's a new one on me! Here in Québec we have tarte au sucre (maple syrup pie), but I have never seen a honey pie. Well maybe my great aunt called me that once. Do you have a recipe? I'm curious. I would not have refused it either!

We got ours from Pie Junkie, the best local shop for delicious pies.

But it looks like this: https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/salted-honey-pie/

And tastes a bit like creme brulee, which is my #1 all time favorite dessert.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 122.3
    CW: 122.0
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Just thought if I wrote it here. I could shake it.
    You don't have to apologize! I think that's what we are all here for. A great group of people to share all the ups, and the downs, of life. Best wishes for a rainbow day today!

• CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday for exercise. First thing in the morning I had a session at the gym working on my back. I'm not back to lifting pre-COVID-19 weights but it is getting there. And then in the afternoon we played a round of golf. Ordinarily I don't eat back my exercise calories but by supper I was ravenous so this time I ate part of them. But then we watched a movie before bed and my husband made popcorn. Couldn't resist so I had to go back and adjust my tracker. Usually I am pretty good about not eating in the evening but I think I was still over-hungry from earlier. So I'm going have to work today to get back on track...
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    I am loving our beautiful clear, cool nights lately - full moon, crazy frog sounds (I think it's a frog...), amazing fragrances, and cool enough to keep on a light blanket and the windows wide open. It looks like it might get a bit hotter today, though.

Red currants! @eggfreak - with the red ones, I usually just cook them with a bit of sugar and put them in my breakfast yogurt, or if I have lots and lots (which I will in a day or two), I make sorbet. Currant and lime is my go-to, sometimes with a sprig of rosemary in there when I cook the currants. Just cook up the currants and sugar, lime zest, and some water. Take out the rosemary, throw it all in the blender, then mush it through a fine sieve to get all the seeds out. Add some lime juice and some more simple syrup if you want it sweeter. Throw it in the ice cream freezer, run it until it is like soft serve, put it in a container in the freezer until firmer. Yum. No fat. If you have any in the house a glug or 2 of white wine in there can be good too, but we're having dry July, right??? Sorbet saves me in the summer. It is great with just about any fruit, and I have just a really cheap ice cream freezer - the kind where you keep the bowl in the freezer and it just runs for about 20 minutes. Soon the black currants will be flowing, and then it is time for mango and black currant - the sorbet I dream about all year until mid July! But any fruit will do. Strawberries and blueberries can just go in raw and mixed with simple syrup, pears and mangoes make good "extenders" (mangoes raw, pears either raw or cooked). Of course either currant makes a great jelly too, but since I rarely eat any bread or toast, my use for jelly is limited.

OK - back to reality. It is too early in the day here for sorbet...

I am going through one of those hungry-all-the-time periods - like you, @CanadianGiraffe , it gets wild and pushy when you have lost some weight and gotten some good exercise. Don't worry if you stabilise for a week - you lost 2.6 pounds last week! Give your body a minute to get used to that before losing any more. Eat those exercise calories for a couple of days. The hunger will calm down. I am maintaining, but sometimes don't come out even between CI and CO - then the hunger grabs me and won't let go.

Enjoy the smells of summer (hopefully you're not downtown!!) and keep well! @micki48 - have a lovely day with your little beauty. Ask her to sing you a song :smile:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very depressed and defeated lately so I did this. @micki48 maybe it will make you smile also.

oyvg76s57gjh.jpg

That definitely brought a smile to my face and a snicker. You’re kitty is adorable.

Thanks everyone for the care. I feel like I’m more on target today. Exercise is hard with my responsibilities now. It’s a long day. I had gotten into a nice routine of doing it first thing when I got up. Now, my day is starting earlier and there is little time between wake up and Js arrival. Then, my family stays a lot for dinner, making it almost 9 o’clock when dinner is cleaned up. I have to figure this out because I particularly miss my Pilates. My walks too but Pilates more.

She just went down for a nap which would be a possible good time to exercise, but I’m afraid I’ll wake her up. I should just go do it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    dqfqu2f7kmo2.png
    /center]
    JULY WEEK 1 STEP TEAM RESULTS
    Total steps for the week -- 529,958
    There are 8 steppers on our team

Winners

1st @Micki48 80,441
    2nd @SMcFall0215 79,731
    3rd @ells_runs 73,726

@SMcFall0215 met her daily step goal 7/7 days!!!!

@jguldi11 and @micki48 met their daily step goals 6/7 days!!

Way to go team. Nice stepping!

If you haven't given me your daily step goal, please do so we can celebrate you too.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    6th July numbers

Steps - 4263
    Exercise - 33mins, Full Body Strength & Endurance workout (with weights)

Not that you'd know it, but my daily step goal is 6000. I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment!

Night night all!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my step goal is 20,000 steps. Go big or go home right? I know what I'm capable of. I can do this!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I am going through one of those hungry-all-the-time periods - like you, @CanadianGiraffe , it gets wild and pushy when you have lost some weight and gotten some good exercise. Don't worry if you stabilise for a week - you lost 2.6 pounds last week! Give your body a minute to get used to that before losing any more. Eat those exercise calories for a couple of days. The hunger will calm down. I am maintaining, but sometimes don't come out even between CI and CO - then the hunger grabs me and won't let go.
    Thanks for your wise words @jugar. I am going to start eating back my exercise calories for a bit and see what that does. We played another round of golf early this morning so that meant I can have rhubarb strawberry crisp at supper. :)

• jugar
    Options
    Time for me to pester people! There is nothing like a good nag...

Due yesterday and today -
    @ells_runs
    @CM_73

Due Wednesday -
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

Don't forget to include your LTD - loss to date (total loss from your highest weight) if you want to. It gives us one more thing to celebrate when you hit milestones :smiley:

Thanks and good night!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Really sorry, I think I'm going to have to skip this weighing, still 500 miles away so won't be near a scale for a while.
    I will update as soon as I can if it's not too late by then.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I am sorry you're in a funk. It such a crazy time that we live in. I have good days and bad days. I went tow months without seeing my mom, who I usually see twice a week. Now that we are spending time with her, I worry that one of could be asymptomatic. Thinking of you.🥰
This discussion has been closed.