i am having a great week and hitting all my goals
  • katyjcrafts
    katyjcrafts Posts: 19 Member
    Hi weigh in week 2
    Katyjcrafts
    Friday
    Last week 255.2
    This week 255.2

Nothing really to say apart from it is well deserved. Last week I was tracking everything and doing youtube workouts and lost 3.8 lb. This week the exercise hasn't been so good and I have found myself mindlessly nibbling rubbish while I am cooking tea. Going forward I plan to use my slow cooker more so I am in the kitchen preparing tea straight after breakfast as 6pm seems to be my danger time. I have a trip to my caravan this week. Not been since about last October as the site closes for winter and had been open about 2 weeks when lockdown happened. We usually go for a pub breakfast as well as tea while we are there but as it is in Wales and the pubs are only serving food outside at the moment I am going to take our own food and cook.
    Hopefully I will have a better result next week. Good luck to everyone else
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    raleighgirl09
    checkin' in!! (This was Thursday night but I forgot to hit post reply and now it's creeping in on Friday morning!)

@katmary71 what an inspiring idea to look at the positives of COVID. I thought about it and there are some good things but because I have often focused on the things that have been very trying, I looked for the good in the things that have been the most difficult.

Not seeing my granddaughter for most of the last 4.5 months. I have seen that my efforts to build a relationship with a baby were successful, back when I had no idea how critical that was going to be. Through video chats and parents who'll call me anytime she talks about Gigi, I have seen that despite not being physically near, she delights in me, recognizes me and asks for me. She's 21 months old.

Becoming unemployed. I have had more time to focus on me and health/fitness. I have been available for random video chats with Hazel most days, all day. I have gotten some decluttering done although not nearly enough.

Not being able to see my friends. My calls, texts and emails have become more frequent and now I have seen a couple friends here and there, socially distanced. The love and bonds are very on the surface now as it seems we all have a better sense of the reality of one day not being able to see each other again.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @GretchenReine How old are your children? How many do you have? Forgive me if you've already told us...I have a bad memory lol. You are right, that is the best way to get them to take care of themselves is to set a good example! I did have a good day that day. He said, "Wow, Christy Carpenter! Thanks for putting that up it looks great!" (Hot tip: Don't ever call me Christy...I hate that name. I go by Chris! He just teases me by calling me that!)

@AustinRuadhain Great COVID positives! Thank you re: the tapestry project and the great day!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. Yes, we do! I'm working on that water. ;) I've found that water makes a huge difference when it comes to losing weight. It's good you figured out you have to break up with Jiff. Good riddance! I have stuff like that: Doritos, I'm looking at you, kid! Nice COVID positives. It's so good to be able to get something good out of this negative situation.

@Katmary71 Okay, now I HAVE to try the PB tortilla lol! You probably think you made it sound unappealing but you did the opposite! lol So how exactly do you make them so I can do it this weekend??? :) Enjoy your weekend with your guy.

Hello everyone! I was really stressed out yesterday so I drove to one of my favorite parts of town and took a walk while listening to an audiobook. It was sort of hot out and my knee was bothering me so I didn't walk too long but it was nice while I did walk. It also helped my stress level. I was afraid my stress would keep me up as usually when I have worries, they come back to me right when my head hits the pillow, but I turned on a Headspace sleep program and it took my mind off things and I was able to fall asleep and got a good night's sleep.

I went to a specialty butcher shop the other day and got these super thick pork chops that you can't get at the grocery store, they are about 1 1/2" thick, I'm going to cook them in the air fryer. I usually hate pork chops because they come out dry but we'll see. We've been eating mostly vegetarian meals with occasional meat meals, but I think we need more meat because I think I am not getting enough iron/am anemic...my energy level is in the pits. That could also be from not drinking enough water though.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    @trooworld My son will be 24 next week and my daughter is 11. I'm glad hubby recognized that you put the tapestry up. And I promise not to call you anything other than Chris. LOL I have issues with energy levels and I eat plenty of meat. I do lots of water but I'm not that good at remembering to take my vitamins. I'm working on it though. I think mine is just a lack of metabolism. Hoping that as I become more active, it's pick up on it's own.

I'm so glad that it's Friday, although I'd rather be at home asleep than at work. I really am so exhausted. It's been a very long week this week. We have a relatively busy weekend planned with my daughter so I don't see much relaxing going on...although I'll be calling it a night early tonight I'm sure. Am hoping to get a good deal of walking in this weekend with my daughter but it looks like rain may play a part in it. We shall see what the weekend holds.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    I sent a note to support@fitrockr.com to let them know. It looks like a glitch with the data coming from FitBit, as everyone with a suspiciously low step count is a Fitbit user (currently 6 through 18 on our team rankings). 
    Bethanie P and Michelle M are FitBit users, but their step counts are not so obviously problematic (maybe they just had a larger number of steps in when the issue occurred?).

Their support has been amazingly helpful for a free app (appears to be just a labor of love). Based on past experience, they will sort this out pretty quickly. They are based in Europe, and may not look at this until tomorrow?

Do you know if there are any standard troubleshooting steps I could take that might help out? It's still showing a sync date of July 6th. I've even logged into the desktop version of Fitbit thinking that might help it out. It's just hard to get excited about a program that is inconsistent (this is the Data Nerd in me that is cringing about the effect of a "forgotten" week on my overall statistics). FitBit is syncing with MFP just fine, so at least some exchange of the data is happening with Fitbit.

Thanks for your help with this!

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    I sent a note to support@fitrockr.com to let them know. It looks like a glitch with the data coming from FitBit, as everyone with a suspiciously low step count is a Fitbit user (currently 6 through 18 on our team rankings). 
    Bethanie P and Michelle M are FitBit users, but their step counts are not so obviously problematic (maybe they just had a larger number of steps in when the issue occurred?).

Their support has been amazingly helpful for a free app (appears to be just a labor of love). Based on past experience, they will sort this out pretty quickly. They are based in Europe, and may not look at this until tomorrow?

Do you know if there are any standard troubleshooting steps I could take that might help out? It's still showing a sync date of July 6th. I've even logged into the desktop version of Fitbit thinking that might help it out. It's just hard to get excited about a program that is inconsistent (this is the Data Nerd in me that is cringing about the effect of a "forgotten" week on my overall statistics). FitBit is syncing with MFP just fine, so at least some exchange of the data is happening with Fitbit.

I've done the same. I've logged into the desktop versions of both...as well as the app versions of both. I was hoping something would click...and it hasn't.
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    I was having sync issues with my fitrockr and my garmin last week too, though my internet was also acting up some. I ended up just deleting and making a new account on fitrockr and now it seems fine but there’s probably a better fix.

I can empathize re a “forgotten” week though! I get this way for even a half day!

Good luck!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katyjcrafts, the good news is that you maintained this week and didn’t have a gain. You have a good plan going forward this week and I look forward to seeing how you do next week. Have fun on your trip! :)

@raleighgirl09, that is great that you have still maintained and grown your relationship with your granddaughter. Hopefully, you will get to be with her again. And I agree that all relationships seem more precious now. I had a dear friend drop by my house the other day to bring me something and it was so good to at least stand outside and chat face-to-face. :)

@trooworld, what a good idea to go for a walk to help you destress and I’m glad Headspace worked for you. I hate when I can’t turn my mind off when my head hits the pillow. Mmmm how did the pork chops turn out. I’ve found that the secret is to watch the temp and stop cooking them as soon as they reach 145 degrees. Are you taking any vitamins to help with your iron levels? :)

@DesertColibri, hey great weigh-in this week! Keep it up! B)

@GretchenReine, I hope you are able to find some time this weekend to relax. <3

@MommaGemz, are you going through Fitrockr on your desktop or on the app? The app never worked for me. Have you tried to uninstall your Fitbit from Fitrockr and then put it back on? That has helped me in the past too. Then I would hit the sync button, go out the website and then go back in and that has helped. I know it’s frustrating. :#

Hi everyone! It’s about to storm here so I better hurry up so I can shut down if need be. Today, was a good day. I did a workout this morning doing a shoulder weight routine and then Barre Blend legs. I fasted for 21 hours and didn’t overeat, which is a win. I had a Zoom call with my intermittent fasting group this morning and that was very encouraging. I am going to do my first extended fast, where I will eat dinner on Sunday and then not eat again until Tuesday. I’m wanting to break this weight stall I’ve been in and get things moving again. I also just want to see if I can really do it. ;)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    wylayn2ghz0k.jpg
    SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Just an FYI that Fitrockr does not appear to be syncing. I sync my FitBit multiple times a day because it's linked with MFP, but Fitrockr shows a Last Sync date of July 6th for most of the team....

I have to log onto the website and make it sync. It's not doing it on its own unfortunately.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    I have to log onto the website and make it sync. It's not doing it on its own unfortunately.

Ahhhhh! I didn't realize there was a manual sync, but I searched around and I found it - It has collected everything now. Thank you for the tip!

• 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Username - 2010shih
    Week 2
    Weigh-in Day - saturday
    SW - 150
    PW - 150
    CW - 149
    LTD - 1
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited July 2020

Hi there!

@MommaGemz - Phew! So glad that you found the manual sync option!

I did get got a reply from FitRockr:
    We have opened a ticket at Fitbit as it seems that syncs have stopped on July 6. Fitbit rarely answers tickets so the best way forward is for participants that experience issues with Fitbit syncing to reconnect. This can be done in the Fitrockr profile. Just click on disconnect and connect again.
    @MommaGemz , @GretchenReine and @bethanie0825 - If automatic syncing is not working right now, you might try disconnecting and reconnecting?

We have 3 other people that were affected by the Fitbit glitch on July 6 and whose data has not been synced since.
    @raleighgirl09 , @Jactop , and @leonadixon -- It sounds like the best things to do, per FitRockr, is to log on to your FitRockr profile, and then disconnect and reconnect to Fitbit. I think if you do that sometime Saturday or Sunday, your data for the entire week will be updated.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

So, if anybody knows a better way to do this, please feel free to say so! We used to manage a Slimpossibles Step Challenge by having challengers report their steps in this discussion thread and having someone collect those and add them up each week on a spreadsheet, so that's one option if anyone is up for it!
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Hello sorry it's a day late

Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    PW: 219.6
    CW:219.6
    LTD:11.9

No change this week which was a bit disappointing but it's alright next week I'll get it 👍
  • trooworld
    @GretchenReine One of each! That's great. :) Yes, I'm glad, too. He's pretty good about things like that. Thanks re: my name lol. I call the other name my "government name" lol. I think my problem might be related to dehydration rather than iron, but we'll see. I hope yours picks up. I hope you can get some walking in and it doesn't rain on you.

@TeresaW1020 Me too! Yes, it seems I don't think about it for hours, and then as soon as my head hits the pillow BAM! Back to thinking about my stressors. :( The pork chops came out really good! And I did take the temp to make sure they were at 145F, they were so juicy...perfect. They looked like something from a steak house. Not to brag lol. I am taking a multivitamin but I haven't taken it since last Friday because of the bathroom calamity, I need to reload my pill container. Good luck with your extended fast!

Hello everyone! Not much going on here. I didn't know how the scale was going to act this week but it's down so I'm happy (-2.2 lbs). I'm picking up groceries today and hanging out at the condo and that's about it. Today is supposed to be a really super hot day, so I won't be doing much else. I hope you have a good day.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • trooworld
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 228.8
    Todays Weight: 226.6
    Loss To Date: 21.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda